PowerPipe Exhaust for slant/6

-
Are you making your own flanges? Why don't you just base the next set off a set of Clifford shorty headers but add a pocket on top of one of the tubes that will accept the stock one or two bbl choke coil then sell them for half the price of what Clifford sells them for? It is a proven design that works and I know a ton of guys would buy them because the lack of any choke is what is keeping alot of guys from running them on their street cars. Hell I would probably buy 2 sets from you myself!

I would add a choke pocket to the top of one of the tubes on the set of cliffords I have in the 48 chevy but they are ceramic coated and I am running a Holley 4bbl.

You should be able to make a set in no time at all!
No on making the flanges.
Adding a choke pocket. I think sometime back during the first style Dan from org said the same thing OK I will install this pocket on the next test set thanks for the reminder Don=P~

i don't think that it is fair to tell this guy that it sucks... ideas start out crappy and then evolve before they sometimes even become real! i would like to add my .02 by saying that u should look at some step style headers. i think u will see the gradual tube size change. when u go from a high velocity tube 1 1 /2" to a 3" pipe u are getting a huge velocity drop=less hp, but by stepping the reduction or increase u don't hurt velocity as much. one other thing is that u need to consider that this is a 225 CI engine, more if bored. so if u have TWO 3in pipes there is almost no flow, ie no exhausting of the cylinder on the exhaust stroke. so what im getting at is that most slant guys run one 2 1/2" pipe or two 2.25 pipes, so make ur final tube/collector(s) two 2.5" or one 3".

again i think that it is wrong for anybody to diss an idea, people tell me my ideas are crazy and i tell them to go f**k themselves!

good luck on your header idea! just need to take factors into consideration.

ed

P.S.
i was told i should build a small block because it was easier
i was told i couldn't build my own AFX plymouth...

There is a history with Don and his power logs that I don't think you know about. The last time it ended badly with his attitude getting the best of him and his wife stirring up a bunch of **** on several websites. I am hoping that he is right when he says that he has a "new attitude" and so far he has been pretty cool about it.
This is his second chance at this and unless he brings some proof that it works (NUMBERS/ TIME SLIP) I doubt that anyone will give him a 3rd chance.

Don, not to start a battle royale with you but this site is no different that the other slant site. This is my idea. Put your mouth where the money could be. Post the following.
(using data and other products)
60 Foot times,
1/4ET,
1/4 Speed,
Photograph and post et slips to prove all of this.
Lastly BOTTOM LINE PRICE on your product.!!!!!!!!!!
If you really want to sell it there are a bunch of people here who would want something like this for their slants. I read a bunch of the other posts on the log and lack of proof and price was a big sore spot. This is what is being asked of you by many to do. Just put everything out there for us to chew on. I am afraid if this goes like the other threads went your will be done before you even start. PROOF AND PRICE. PROOF AND PRICE, PROOF AND PRICE, PROOF AND PRICE >PLEASE<> PLEASE<> PLEASE<!!!!!!!! You have been going to the track for a couple of years now and I have yet to see any results. I have buddies in Lakeland, Brooksville, Wildwood, Ocala, Orlando, and Zephyrhills Florida who know nothing about you, the power pipe or log and all I know is it looks promising and I am interested. Just get it all together and get it done and post it!!!!
Chas.
This is fair and understandable. Could yall give time for testing? I am just glad not to have them sent anywhere for welding anymore. The pipe, flanges,weld wire were made in U.S.A. Assembled by me!! As far as racing just a little further south at Bradenton Motor Sports Park in Bradenton is where we are. Every other thursday night.

There is a history with Don and his power logs that I don't think you know about. The last time it ended badly with his attitude getting the best of him and his wife stirring up a bunch of **** on several websites. I am hoping that he is right when he says that he has a "new attitude" and so far he has been pretty cool about it.
This is his second chance at this and unless he brings some proof that it works (NUMBERS/ TIME SLIP) I doubt that anyone will give him a 3rd chance.

gotcha... still don't like it when people diss others ideas...

Don, Good with me. Just keep us all posted here on the 'skinny' on what looks to be something good for the slanters. My car needs a boost and maybe this will be something worth checking into. Good Luck on the progress.

the carb is a cork from the get go, so I'm not sure why a choke would make the difference weather to run headers or not?

once the motors warm.. the intake [especially iron] gets heat transfer along with the fuel pump being heated 'mounted to the block with lots of hot oil splash 'on a slant'

But I can see the guys who don't warm up the motor having issues, mainly with patience ehh?lol

Bradenton Motor Sports Park in Bradenton is where we are. Every other thursday night.

They are running tonight.....can we expect some comparison runs between the new design, your old design and a stock exhaust manifold??????

They are running tonight.....can we expect some comparison runs between the new design, your old design and a stock exhaust manifold??????
It will be a couple weeks trans went out last week like I posted in the trans thread. Should have it changed out by next week. We will not be testing the stock manifold we did this along time ago. The PowerPipe-S (single connection) Was a little better!!
ppsccartoon.jpg

stockman.jpg

powerp.jpg

It will be a couple weeks trans went out last week like I posted in the trans thread. Should have it changed out by next week. We will not be testing the stock manifold we did this along time ago. The PowerPipe-S (single connection) Was a little better!!

stockman.jpg

powerp.jpg

that looks more like my torque curve on the bottom, nice flat line and nice steady increase of HP

Thats what we said 805 much smoother and look how fast the torque came up. More torque gain than horsepower!!

Update on the new style PowerPipe!!! Do to input yall have givin. Lets say the 3" pipe has been cut where primary tubes enter. There was a small diamond shaped pulse deflector installed high enough to deflect #1 and #3 down streamand not shove air up the other ports. Do yall think this will help?

We are working A choke pod install on the next set. Thanks for the input to all Don. Where is pulse deflector in a stock manifold design?:read2:

Care to explain the graphs. Which is which? Both are your first design or is one a stock super 6 set-up???? What changed between them?

Care to explain the graphs. Which is which? Both are your first design or is one a stock super 6 set-up???? What changed between them?

Yes the first one is a stock manifold and the second the PowerPipe-S Best of three pulls with each.

Yes the first one is a stock manifold and the second the PowerPipe-S Best of three pulls with each.

What is the "power pipe -s"??? Is that the one you started this thread about?

What is different between the pulls? Just the exhaust manifold???

Thats not what we started this thread about. The PowerPipe-S read #35 in this post very slooooly. The dyno test was stock manifold first then the first PowrePipe made. With carb adjustments to both. Have a good day Don

So does it not seem feasible that a system that looks just like the stock manifold but bigger pipes would show a small gain....for $350???? Nine dollars less than this??
55-0010%20300.jpg

Look at how each pipe is point straight down the collector when they merge. There is a big reason they are made that way. Compare that to your design.

What carb adjusments did you have to make?

That design shows more promise than the one at the beginning of this thread.....if you sized/shaped the pipes correctly and get the price way down.

So does it not seem feasible that a system that looks just like the stock manifold but bigger pipes would show a small gain....for $350???? Nine dollars less than this??
55-0010%20300.jpg

Look at how each pipe is point straight down the collector when they merge. There is a big reason they are made that way. Compare that to your design.

What carb adjusments did you have to make?

That design shows more promise than the one at the beginning of this thread.....if you sized/shaped the pipes correctly and get the price way down.
I don't know where you come up with pricing on our pipes? We sold thoes PowerPipe's single and duel set up for $225.00 shipped anywhere in the U.S.A
Really carb adjustments, air mixture and idle. I am going to let this thread die down for a little while so I can finish the test set of headers that everyone is looking for!:cheers: Keeping price down as much as possable for all slanters. Have a good day Don

I don't know where you come up with pricing on our pipes? We sold thoes PowerPipe's single and duel set up for $225.00 shipped anywhere in the U.S.A
Really carb adjustments, air mixture and idle. I am going to let this thread die down for a little while so I can finish the test set of headers that everyone is looking for!:cheers: Keeping price down as much as possable for all slanters. Have a good day Don

Posted by Dodgegirl - your wife??

"I'm pretty sure he's asking $350 for it including shipping (in the U.S.)"

Why let it die when you are getting feedback??? Give us some update pics and maybe you will get some feedback....

Posted by Dodgegirl - your wife??

"I'm pretty sure he's asking $350 for it including shipping (in the U.S.)"

Why let it die when you are getting feedback??? Give us some update pics and maybe you will get some feedback....

i understand what ur after but i think ur smothering him...

This new item from Don could work. I have been kicking around what I think this product should be more in the lines of. The pipe bottom thingy is different but powder coated would look decent. Its the top pipes and collectors that need 'tweaking'. The lack of proper flow would ruin performance and evetually hurt the motor like they are. I made a five minute drawing of what I think may help and possibly work to make these flow and just be overall a better product. Please excuse the poor drawing but it was like I said done quick and I am not all that 'gifted' in drawing. The top pipes have been modified and I have completely redone the so called 'collector'(see arrows). THIS I think may work? Lets get some input and perhaps Don can take a looksee at this and maybe 'fab' something up for a mock up on the slant he uses. Anybody?????????

By the way, choke provisions on headers are worthless! If a choke is used it should be an electric controlled unit! My 2 cents!!!

039.JPG

hyper-pak_intake_manifolds.jpg

Why not duplicate this as a stock replacement??? in tubular form of course. Right size pipes, right shape, smooth transition....everything a well thought out exhaust needs!

-
Back