PowerPipe Exhaust for slant/6

-
hyper-pak_intake_manifolds.jpg

Why not duplicate this as a stock replacement??? in tubular form of course. Right size pipes, right shape, smooth transition....everything a well thought out exhaust needs!

what are those off of? totally agree with something more like this

They were part of the factory optioned hyper pack kit. It came with an intake, carb, headers and cam.

They were part of the factory optioned hyper pack kit. It came with an intake, carb, headers and cam.

ohh! so thats what came with the hyper pack... always wonder how they were pushing those numbers thru stock manifold

Isnt that sort of what I drew? Looking like the factory manifolds or something along the lines of what I drew seems to me to be what is needed. I got this idea in my head but do not have the provisions or time to make what is on paper. If this Don guy is really trying to make something that will work and he is willing to put in the fab, test, tweak, and fit time to get a product out we can all afford this is good in my book. Making them like he shows to me is not going to work. Modified like the manifolds or my rabble maybe?? The whole power pipe history thing has me thinking if this will really happen. Only time will tell? One thing though. If this guy or someone else can work up something maybe we have a nice product that can be had without having to rob a bank!!

Good morning all. Chaz the drawing is fine, I get the idea. The problem would be the tight S we would have to bend for entrance of primarys to collector in that spot. Just a little longer would work fine. This is what we could do with the exsisting set and still test these.
mnm2pics%20001.JPG
nppm.JPG
Any other modifactions we would scratch this set all togeather. Just not ready to do this, till testing is done. We have the PowerPipe-DC true flow header design 1/2 compleated and will be finished this up comming week. Any other info needed is normally posted here first. http://www.stormcomm.net/mrtwister/index.html#redirect Message Board. This weekend is packed full of play time not work. Talk to yall soon Don

If I see the drawing right there appears to be a 'diamond' shaped opening in the middle. Man, that would sure increase the flow rom the outer pipes coming in. That would surely make them do what they are designed to do. Slantsixness and some of the others, whatcha think???????????????

Hay Chaz no more comments from the rest of the gang?8) Thank you for keeping an open mind. We finished the PowerPipe-DC true folw header design yesterday, we will install them today and get pics up soon. The choke pod will be made as a kit for headers that might not have this already. Just one more thing made by Mopars-N-More :cheers:putting ideas from paper to product Don.

A well designed thought out system does not need a band aid like a diverter. You need the diverter because you cobbled together the wrong size pipes and did not even bother to try and streamline the system. Look at the hyper pak set-up. Look at the effort the engineers at Chrysler went to to try and angle each cylinfer downstream. If you can not at least duplicate that you are wasting your time. Take the time to angle all pipes the correct way...DOWNSTREAM!

I have given you all the info you need to do it better....as it is right now you would be better off going back to your original pipe and correcting the flaws with it rather than working on the above design with that pipe layout and size.

Has it been nine days yet?8) More input please do you like these? New PowerPipe-DC header design.
newheaders%20001.JPG

Is that with power steering, any more pics?
Dyno results would be nice for the guys that are going racing but I don't really care too much, I am just looking for a nice duel set up that will clear my power steering, not hang down too low, and has a stock 2bbl choke pocket or at least not be ceramic coated so I can make a pocket myself...and not cost a billion dollars.

Yes 360scamp this is with power steering gear box. Iwill get more pics up soon. The choke pod will be finished today,8) started that yesterday just wanted to post this design in my nine day window I gave myself. We did get this one shot of gear box clearance. :-D Talk to yall soon Don.
headerpics%20004.JPG

Hey Twister, I agree with some of the folks here as to ignoring the negative replies. Keep up the good work and if things dont work the first time keep pluggin'. I think your designs are very cool looking weather they are correctly engineered or not. A new product is always refreshing. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hey Twister, I agree with some of the folks here as to ignoring the negative replies. Keep up the good work and if things dont work the first time keep pluggin'. I think your designs are very cool looking weather they are correctly engineered or not. A new product is always refreshing IF IT WORKS BETTER. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I fixed it for you. The responses are not negative....they are exactly what he ask for!

Twister - Much better design. Now you are getting somewhere. Can you give us a shot up the collector like the pic in your avatar??(also a picture of the collector on the back three.) You can always slice the wall of all three pipes and weld them together to get the collector smaller where all three pipes join. It would need to be an angled cut. Takes a little practice but once you figure it out it is pretty easy to duplicate.

You see how you had to neck the collector down to fit the flange on the front three pipes. Try to take enough out of them so this does not happen or extend the collectors that this neck down is not right up against the flange. It will minimize the effect.

Notice how the two sets of pipes I posted previously all neck down to the collector.....that increases the velocity and scavenging effect. You need to try to get this in your design as long as it is further away from where all three pipes end.

I am willing to bet you will see a vast improvement over your other designs.

Hey Twister, I agree with some of the folks here as to ignoring the negative replies. Keep up the good work and if things dont work the first time keep pluggin'. I think your designs are very cool looking weather they are correctly engineered or not. A new product is always refreshing. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Thanks Dizzydean It's all good. This is getting very interesting now. Here is a pick of an adaptable choke pod. 360scamp sorry we started with the 1bbl. We will do the 2bbl soon. Did not even think about the differance till you said somthing.
chokepod%20004.JPG
chokepod%20006.JPG
chokepod%20009.JPG
:cheers: Have a good day Don. Back to it!!!

Very soon on the price. Thanks to grumpy:cheers: the flange price has been cut almost in half. This affects the final price of these, trying to keep them affordable. Talk to yall later Don8) The choke pod would be big $25 shipped in the U.S.A.

Hey Don, still lurking around and keeping my eye on the progress. I should have asked but forgot. The flange, how thick is this going to be. I see you have this all mounted up with a steel intake. I have an aliminum intake and its about 1/16 to 1/8th of an inch thicker. Hence why I have not mounted my super long tube comps due to the difference in thickness. Let me know when you have the time. Thanks.
Chas.

That intake is a factory aluminum 1bbl. I have used my offy 4bbl and a stock 2bbl cast iron they all worked fine. The header flanges are 1/2" cold rolled steel and should work with any slant intake with no problem. :cheers:The hooker super comps only work on a 67 and up a bodys. We have a pic of the spacers needed to make them work with your intake, I will look it up and send it to you. Just to let you know , we ran thoes on dodge girls little car for one year till they started leaking at the flange where spacers were not. Hope this helps Don.

We are working on making are own collectors.
smiley.gif
This also allows me to make the collector tube any size you might want! I will make the standard 3" for stock. We will also sell these with collector size of
shocked.gif
2"- 2 1/4"- 2 1/2" bolt on or slip on flange. What do you think of these?
collect%20012.JPG

Hello guys

According to my view there is a history belonging to Don and his power logs that I don't think you know about that already. The last time it ended badly with his attitude getting the best of him and his wife stirring up a bunch of **** on several websites. I am hoping that he is right when he says that he has a "new attitude" and so far he has been pretty cool about it.

God blees them.
Have a good time.

Hello guys

According to my view there is a history belonging to Don and his power logs that I don't think you know about that already. The last time it ended badly with his attitude getting the best of him and his wife stirring up a bunch of **** on several websites. I am hoping that he is right when he says that he has a "new attitude" and so far he has been pretty cool about it.

God blees them.
Have a good time.

Hey, Jack. I have seen absolutley nothing wrong with this thread.
Why did you think it necessary to make disparaging remarks?

Jackportd, I dont think your comments were necessary! If you read the entire thread you will these facts were already in print and out there for all of FABO land to read. I dont think its right to keep beating this thing into the ground. Yes there were mistakes made and comments that should have not been in print by all sides. Its over now and this guy is trying to make something decent and affordable for everyone. Enough already!!Just let it be!!

Don, sorry I was not reading three years back. You understood intuitively a heck of a lot more than most of the people making comments back then. I would have suggested you talk to the Archer brothers who made a successful interference log manifold back when they were racing the LeCar.

Snag a copy of "Scientific Design of Exhaust and Intake Systems" by Smith and Morrison. The copy I have is ISBN 0-8376-0309-9 (Third Edition) and the first pages you should look at are 97-100.

I am glad to see you are not giving up.

Hello guys

God blees them.
Have a good time.

There is a history with Don and his power logs that I don't think you know about. The last time it ended badly with his attitude getting the best of him and his wife stirring up a bunch of **** on several websites. I am hoping that he is right when he says that he has a "new attitude" and so far he has been pretty cool about it.
This is his second chance at this and unless he brings some proof that it works (NUMBERS/ TIME SLIP) I doubt that anyone will give him a 3rd chance.

That was a quote from me to another member at the beginning of this thread that jackportd added some words to and so far Don has pretty much made up for his negative history by listening to suggestions from other members and taking the ideas and running with them. The addition of the optonal choke pocket gives him a leg up on Cliffords headers (Don I would try to slap a patent on that if you can before anyone at Clifford does) and if they are priced way better than Clifford headers are then I would love a pair for my 73 and maybe Nikkis 66 if they will fit.

I agree JR on getting a leg up on Clifford. I have read that Clifford is having issues with their headers. This could be a nice alternative to this. These headers are looking nice. I also like the collector options. A 2 1/2 slip on pipe option is awesome. IMO not everyone wants a collector with a bolt on end with this extra lip sticking out.

One more item Don could be working on is a pipe setup for the headers to route under the car. I have asked others but never got a difinitive answer about these. Some people I know run shorty split headers and long tube super comps and they have a pipe made at the base of the header to bring the exhaust back into a single pipe and run a 2 1/2 or 3 inch single pipe to a single muffler. I think this kind of defeats the purpose of a split header. I have had an idea in my head for a set of 'to the back duals' for my car but all that bending and fitting at the muffler shops costs$$$ and time. If there were a pair of pipes designed to drop down below the floor pans side by side this could make it possible for people to really run duals on thir cars.

My exhaust idea was cool at least on paper but everyone has a different opinion or idea. Mine was having to pipes drop down from the headers and end forward of the crossmember side by side. A pair of matching 2 1/2 pipes run side by side down the drivers side to a dual inlet/dual outlet flowmaster. On the back pipes one would run straight to the drivers side rear over the rear end and the other would be routed across to the right side. It would bend up towards the shock tower brace and be routed across and also over the rear end and be bent to be routed out the back like the pipe on the other side giving the car a nice dual exhaust rear profile and a real nice sound too (ever hear a slant with true duals)!! Anyhow this is an idea that again could use some input and support. I would much rather work with someone on these headers and exhaust options from within the FABO network that some stranger with a pipe bending machine with a singe dimension view.
Chas.

-
Back