$ price of life $

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
Americans have such short memories. I see where toyota has flooded the market with BIG incentives. Their last months sales numbers went thru the roof. I guess it doesn't matter that a car company put profits & power above the safety of its customers. Oh yea, this is Americans they are dealing with, a little money thrown at them will make everything better.

Americans have such short memories. I see where toyota has flooded the market with BIG incentives. Their last months sales numbers went thru the roof. I guess it doesn't matter that a car company put profits & power above the safety of its customers. Oh yea, this is Americans they are dealing with, a little money thrown at them will make everything better.

Well said............... 8)

So you think our government didn't know about Toyotas problems before the Cash For Clunkers program ? I believe we all would have known beforehand if so many Toyotas weren't built right here in the U.S.
To provide gov. assisted sales and steering the buyers away from Toyota at the same time might have prompted them to close all of their plants here.
I also believe any foreign industry would pull out of the states at the drop of a hat. They do us a favor by providing jobs here. Arragements, concessions, whatever you wish to call it, government is business. Business is money.

So you think our government didn't know about Toyotas problems before the Cash For Clunkers program ? I believe we all would have known beforehand if so many Toyotas weren't built right here in the U.S.
To provide gov. assisted sales and steering the buyers away from Toyota at the same time might have prompted them to close all of their plants here.
I also believe any foreign industry would pull out of the states at the drop of a hat. They do us a favor by providing jobs here. Arragements, concessions, whatever you wish to call it, government is business. Business is money.
Toyota sales numbers were very high last month..We sold 300 new cars and 130 used cars at the toyota store I work at..All auto makers have there share of recalls..And this one was blown way out of porportion..The guy with the prius in CA was a fraud case, the family of 4 who were killed in the lexus was proven the rubber after market mat was the cause, and there are so many more proven cases out there that were fraud..Trust me, they have had a few cases I am sure but it was way blown out and everyone will see soon enough on a up coming tv special...What happened to abc and the reporter who bashed toyota, hmmm he has not been back on the air since then? Enough is enough, toyota spends billions of dollors here in the US and supports Over a million people..

You forgot one thing, who is going to buy their cars? Why do you think they want an American consumer? What other countries can support the kind of auto sales that they are used to?
Doing us a favor, yea right. All they care about is the American dollar. If they could make more money elsewhere, they would leave the USA at the drop of a hat.
How come everybody wants to blame it on a conspiracy theory, but don't want to think it might just be old simple greed.

Every auto maker has greed, and they all are in for the same reason, the money..Thats why 99% of us go to work, for the money..It is sad to say but buy a 2010 taurus or impala comapered to a accord or camry and drive it for 6 years and see what the trade in values are? There are alot of people who buy imports because the resale values are there down the line, so we all know cars are not a investment but when you need a new car every 5-8 years most people buy imports for the resale value. I dont favor one over the other, domestic-imports love them all because I sell them all..

..It is sad to say but buy a 2010 taurus or impala comapered to a accord or camry and drive it for 6 years and see what the trade in values are? ..

It's not fair to compare a Taurus or Impala to an Accord or Camry. You should be comparing a Fusion or Malibu to the Accord and Camry, these cars are all equivalent in size and market focus.

Plus a Fusion or Malibu comparably equiped to an Accord or Camry is going to be $3k cheaper not including the more lucrative incentives that are typical from the American brands or the better warranties. After 6 years and 90-100K miles I find it hard to believe that there is going to more than a $3k difference in the value of cars in the same shape.

I think the one thing this unintended acceleration issue Toyota has had to deal with is it will knock them down off the quality pedestal they have been sitting on for so many years that just isn't justified any more.

-
Back