problem with seller on fabo

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

discharger1332

Reaction score
i recieved a part yesterday, from another member. i imediately noticed a big crack in this part. now the seller wants me to pay for shipping. my belief is that the seller should have inspected the part before selling it, therefore he should pay the shipping. i had no way of knowing it would be broken and would not have bought the part had i known it was broken. so why should i pay to ship a broken part that i do not want?

i think the community should be the judge.

IMO, the seller pays for it, overlooked mistake happens and its not your fault. If it was damaged during shipping, its still not your fault. I hope you guys can come to an agreement. But, I don't think the seller should be labeled as "bad" for this unless he refuses to work it out.

Xs3. The seller should refund the entire purchase price with shipping both ways. That cracked bell housing is very evident and it isn't a matter of opinion as to condition of the part.

I assume that this is an aluminum bell housing. In my opinion the seller should give you your money back and pay shipping or pay to have it fixed to your satisfaction. That would be the standup thing to do as far as I am concerned.

Not very likely it was damaged during shipping . Seller should be liable for shipping , both ways . Not your fault , or responsibility .

X 2 if you can find someone reputable to repair it he should eat the cost or pay shipping back and refund the $ JMO
I assume that this is an aluminum bell housing. In my opinion the seller should give you your money back and pay shipping or pay to have it fixed to your satisfaction. That would be the standup thing to do as far as I am concerned.

I love how FABO Sellers take care of the people who buy their stuff....look what I paid full asking price and shipping on:

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Might as well put it on the top of a long flight of stairs and kicked it down.

If I have ever bought, or requested pictures of parts/stuff from any of you.....this purchase, is the reason why I ask to "package X adequately"

I love how FABO Sellers take care of the people who buy their stuff....look what I paid full asking price and shipping on:

If I have ever bought, or requested pictures of parts/stuff from any of you.....this purchase, is the reason why I ask to "package X adequately"

That is horrible. Too tight to pay the postage on a large flat rate box and pack it right. What a shame.

wow , i would never dream of sending something out like that. ive sent out a number of carbs and they are fragile. gotta love the duct tape lol

Go with a guy called Moparparts. Good prices, GREAT packaging, quick shipping! :)

- CK

i recieved a part yesterday, from another member. i imediately noticed a big crack in this part. now the seller wants me to pay for shipping. my belief is that the seller should have inspected the part before selling it, therefore he should pay the shipping. i had no way of knowing it would be broken and would not have bought the part had i known it was broken. so why should i pay to ship a broken part that i do not want?

I,d ask for a full refund(broken part),once you get the refund send it back and move on.Stuff like this happens all the time with first time sellers.(packageing)A full discription at the time of purchase is imperative.Did the seller know it was cracked?Maybe not?Maybe this happened during shipping?Who knows?What,s the seller saying about the cracked part?As I said,I would ask for a full refund and ship his broken peice back.Chalk it up as a lesson learned buying on the net.JMO

This is always a problem! Sellers cheap out on shipping and packaging there stuff and the. Lay all blame and costs on you with excuses that are horrible to say the least because it always is...

"You should have requested that....."

Enter what ever the complaint is plus some more bull **** on top of it.

Prime! That shipped of the carb should be shot and exposed before there 1/4!

communication is key , anyone who just puts parts in a box is just plain lazy . i recieved a steering column in the same manor & was pissed & didnt bother with feedback . Packing material can be had for free from most major retailers & low grade cedar fence pickets can be ripped down & nailed together in a matter of minutes & only cost a couple bucks a piece ...this is how i ship

Attachments

• dart grille packaged 006.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 298
  • dart grille packaged 007.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 304
  • dart grille packaged 009.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 296
  • dart grille packaged 010.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 316
it cost me $20 in materials & 45 minutes of my time & the buyer got it in one piece from greyhound .

This is always a problem! Sellers cheap out on shipping and packaging there stuff and the. Lay all blame and costs on you with excuses that are horrible to say the least because it always is...

"You should have requested that....."

Enter what ever the complaint is plus some more bull **** on top of it.

Prime! That shipped of the carb should be shot and exposed before there 1/4!

So, Rob, how was my carburetor pack job ?

Excellent

Did I not leave you feed back????

check with shipper & see what the piece was insured for & go from there

Wow....I've NEVER seen anything packaged that poorly for a sensitive part like a carb......speechless!

017.jpg

Seller needs to pay shipping back. Now, if the crack is some kind of tiny hairline crack that could be easily overlooked to the average person's eyes, then I might split the shipping with him. A little bit of it depends on how the guy responded.

yes you did , Rob , i was just making sure i did a good job packing LOL :D

i thought only ebay nerds left each other feedback ...J/K ...i still have not been able to get that itrader thinger to work....not user friendly ....at least not friendly to very forgetful mopar gals :protest:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back