Project 6-71 340 Demon

-
You'll get it Jack. You've chipped away at it this far.

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It turned out I had another intake gasket blown out. I took the top off last night made some new gaskets and put it all back together. I also locked the dizzy at zero and gave it 28 degrees of initial timing. I crossed my fingers and turned the key. It fired up in less than 1 turn of the engine and ran somewhat normal. I warmed up the engine and got to work on setting everything up. Checked the timing and it was good. I then turned all of the idle screws to 1/2 turn out. I set the idle at 1000 rpm. I tweeked the idle screws a little each I and I managed to remove all of the blower surge. I took it for a short drive and all seemed to be good. I sure am glad this ordeal is over. LOL I still have a little tuning to do to get it perfect but it is not bad the way it is.

Atlantic Nationals here I come!!!!!

Jack

Great news, Jack. I knew as much research and trial and error you had done it was something simple. Congrats.

I would enjoy it a lot more if I could find some time to drive it. The price you pay for spending so much time on the build, everything else gets behind. The few times I have had it out, it has been a blast to drive. It is a handful, but loads of fun.

Jack

So where are the videos? You're letting us down, buddy.

Just read this thread Jack, great job and it looks freakin' awesome. Can't wait to see and hear it in person. That will have to wait awhile though, surgery tuesday and then of my leg for two weeks, then I get a walking cast.

-
Back