Project DART VADER

-
You need to angle that puppy that's what the problem is. I talked to ridetech for about an hour the other day and he said we were gonna need to have the shock on at least a 10 degree lean

Good news ....after several revisions, and one tweek yet to complete.....the LA is off to the lazer cutter on Monday

I took the liberty (I love that word, but I digress) to make a couple of design changes in the original format.

I will PDF you if interested in seeing it (good one, huh?) if I can figure out how

now....on to the air bag . If needed, the airbag can be inverted, right?.

I think the problem Cory is having is interference with the current lower shock mount.....easy remedy in the works.....

Place the upper to simulate ride height, swing the lower control arm out of the way, and place the airbag in the ANGLED desired location as close to the frame as allowable.
remember the shock might have to be at installed on inch or so lower.

send me some pics.

Good news ....after several revisions, and one tweek yet to complete.....the LA is off to the lazer cutter on Monday

I took the liberty (I love that word, but I digress) to make a couple of design changes in the original format.

I will PDF you if interested in seeing it (good one, huh?) if I can figure out how

I think the problem Cory is having is interference with the current lower shock mount.....easy remedy in the works.....

Place the upper to simulate ride height, swing the lower control arm out of the way, and place the airbag in the ANGLED desired location as close to the frame as allowable.

send me some pics.
That's what I've been trying to say is flip the shock upside down. Feel free to email me the Pdf sir I can measure off of that.

I think the fat part needs to remain at the top.

im thinking bottom beacuse when u air it up fully i dont want the upper ball joint touching the bag. that green demon is touching when aired up. "Rubbing bag equals car in ditch,Equals totaled,Eguals findanother ride" atleast thats what happednd to my buddy

send me some pics.

Send me the pdf

im thinking bottom beacuse when u air it up fully i dont want the upper ball joint touching the bag. that green demon is touching when aired up. "Rubbing bag equals car in ditch,Equals totaled,Eguals findanother ride" atleast thats what happednd to my buddy

don't make it so hard......do not invert...just mount similiar to the green Demon....without the AlterK shock mount taking up space, we can move the bag inward...how much?..... hard to tell until I get a test fit.

just might require a little messaging.

Well i been debating about this car for over 6 months now and the guy calls me up asking what im gona do so its in my shop so i guess its mine. I know its not a mopar but im putting my old master cyl off the dart on it. does that count??

Any way its a 53 mercury monterey. car is very solid. only reason i got is is because im working out a deal with my buddy for his old motor. 352FE ford block andC6 tranny and I have 4 guys interested in the car so ill prob just flip it and put the money in the dart. car got some nice patina. gona do the brakes and get a cheap wiring harness. clean cob webs out of interior

motor was being stubburn but i got it out right b4 my hoist failed. se pics below. could of been a disaster. mostly my fault. had to extend it all out and jack it up to get it out thr car.

merc2_zps3c591e1e.jpg

merc3_zps51c68062.jpg

merc8_zps1097f9c5.jpg

merc7_zpsccaa301a.jpg

merc9_zps50f2692a.jpg

Wow I've never seen a cherry picker do that with just an engine. That's crazy.

engine and trans. had it maxd out on lift and extension to get it out of car. caught me off guard. damaged the bumper a lil and amost took out the radiator support not to mendion almost killing me. i guess them flatheads. are heavy motors.

engine and trans. had it maxd out on lift and extension to get it out of car. caught me off guard. damaged the bumper a lil and amost took out the radiator support not to mendion almost killing me. i guess them flatheads. are heavy motors.

I'd say a bit yeah.

Yikes. Never thought of that as a weak point. Glad you're OK.
Might be good to add to the "learn from others mistakes" thread.

got a new ram for the jack today. 8ton and what ya know it dont lift as much as the old one. guess im gona move the mounting point.:banghead:

got the mercury sold. that didnt last long. worked out perfect make a quick flip.

picked this old girl up today for $300. going to convert to the one piece side windows. doors and all glass was good till i cracked the windshield. stripped most of the car and gona part a few parts off of it.

73dart_zpsece11065.png

did a lil progress tonight. tucking in the bumper alil tighter to the body. and lengthing them back closer to the extensions.

pic55_zpsfd5a9f7e.png

pic54_zps1709e552.png

pic56_zps2889e890.png

Hadnt made much progress in a while. I just finished putting the 352fe in the merc. Guys coming get that this week and in the process of putting the 4.6dohc in the 66 F100. Today i found time to finish the measurements on the rearend. I ordered a mosser eng 8.75 housing and axle package. 51inch hub to hub was the final length i settled on. about 6inches shorter than stock. The rear suspension should arrive this week, 4link and brackets.

Hadnt made much progress in a while. I just finished putting the 352fe in the merc. Guys coming get that this week and in the process of putting the 4.6dohc in the 66 F100. Today i found time to finish the measurements on the rearend. I ordered a mosser eng 8.75 housing and axle package. 51inch hub to hub was the final length i settled on. about 6inches shorter than stock. The rear suspension should arrive this week, 4link and brackets.

Really. What size rims you running in the rear?

-
Back