Question concerning paint code......

-

kaytbugsdad

Reaction score
Decoded my fender tag tonight, I have paint code HT8, and it came back unknown at this time..... Can anyone tell what color this is???? The car is black now (very old paint job, many chips, scratches, etc.), but under the hood and trunk is looking like a root beer brown..... Any ideas?:help:

All that I can tell you is that "H" = 1972 ( e.g. , "E"=1969 , "F"=1970 , "G" = 1971 , ad seq. ) .

However , just because of its alpha-prefix being an "H" , doesn't mean that's the year of the car . Witness the paint code "TB3" : "T"=1962 ; however , this code wasn't applied to the fender tag until 1972 , when it became a regular , non-special order colour ( btw , TB3 = Petty Blue ; but it was coded "special order" ( 99 or 999 ) until '72 .

After all of that ...

Your car's original colour was , iirc , something like "Sable Bronze Metallic" . And , of course , as usual , Dodge , Plymouth and Chrysler all used different names for the same colour :tard:

Thanks guys!!! LH23, you were right about the paint color, sable bronze metallic is the paint code for my car........ Cracked, the link for the paint code worked as well!!!!

Thanks guys!!! LH23, you were right about the paint color, sable bronze metallic is the paint code for my car........ Cracked, the link for the paint code worked as well!!!!

Glad that our info was of help to you :D .
Cracked , thanks for the link ! Very cool ; nice and easy to navigate 8-) .

Just to add, I am pretty sure the T prefix refers to a Corporate color.. eg. TX9

T = 1962 .
TX9 ( Black ) and TB3 ( Corporate Blue / Petty Blue ['64-'71] / Super Blue [Dodge , '72-?] & Basin Street Blue ['72-?] ) both date-back to 1962 .

These 3-character codes are the last-three of Chrysler's supplier's paint part number .

-
Back