Random pictures thread

-
There really should be some kind of humorous caption to accompany that photo :lol:
I wish my daughter had saved the video she took of the fish puffing himself up. It was a very long series of loud grunts as he inflated. Funny as hell to watch!

E9B7C72B-6C86-4D99-8E2C-AF9C36A17E35.jpeg

Kind of scary face. Looks like it's crossed with a chimp!
Funny teeth and looks like it’s grinning...the loud grunts just added to the picture. Crazy little critters...but their presence indicates that the bay ecosystem is healthy and thriving. They were gone from the bay for several decades when conditions weren’t so good. Now they are back.

I’m happy with that.

Funny teeth and looks like it’s grinning...the loud grunts just added to the picture. Crazy little critters...but their presence indicates that the bay ecosystem is healthy and thriving. They were gone from the bay for several decades when conditions weren’t so good. Now they are back.

I’m happy with that.
Good to hear!

Kind of scary face. Looks like it's crossed with a chimp!

I’m happy with that.
Never saw one. I thought Dave Photo shopped a monkey face on a clam... :rolleyes:

If I was gonna photoshop a clam, it would be a lot more interesting than that that silly looking. fish!

:lol:

Lot's of runs across the Hudson but Bear Mt. was just for fun, mostly the G.W. Man it took me a long time to figure out where the Tappan Zee had disappeared to, when did that happen ? lol. To this day, the best whitetail buck, I have ever seen on the hoof, was stuck between the lanes on the Sawmill Pkwy one busy afternoon.

Chris-Axe-300x300.jpg

Fayetteville, N.C.(Chris & Axe) Sergeant First Class Chris Corbin entered military service in July 1995. Prior to becoming a Green Beret with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) he served in various other Army units such as the 3rd Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division, and the 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment.

On February 17th, 2011, Chris was on his 3rd tour to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF). That day he was on patrol with his Operational Detachment Alpha (ODA) through a village in the Helmand Province, when he stepped on an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and suffered injuries to both legs resulting in a Bilateral, Below-the-Knee (Bilat BK) amputation.

After stabilization Chris was immediately sent to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where he underwent several surgeries; after which he embarked upon – what was thought to be – a long road to rehabilitation.

On July 15th, 2011, less than 5 months after his injury, he was medically cleared to Return to Duty (RTD) with the 7th Special Forces Group (A), where he is currently serving.

On March 24th, 2012, 13 months after his injury, Chris, with his Green Beret father Master Sergeant Nelson Corbin, ran his first 5K race to benefit the Fisher House on Eglin Air Force Base. His determination and will coupled with the support and motivation provided by his father and teammates, Chris finished his first race in 27 minutes and 34 seconds.

SFC Corbin recently returned from a CNT Mission in SOUTHCOM,developing contacts and parameters to conduct training for the 7th SFG(A) SOFMPC Detachment.
*As a footnote, Axe was blown 40 feet from Chris and survived. He had to be restrained to allow medics the ability to tend to Chris. He is still with Chris as of today.
img_7643.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back