Random pictures thread

-
1721226228645.png

Guy around the corner has one of those, and I know of one for sale for quite a while fairly cheap.
I'm somewhat tempted.
Unfortunately I'm familiar with the chronic issues of the nova platform.
That makes me less tempted.
I dig 'em. Even though they ruined the GTO, the shaker hood and graphics are cool. I'm sure they have the same rust issues as most cars depending, but for the right price and if it's original I'd snag it.

Today's curbside treasure.

I generally keep a lookout for interesting stuff being thrown away for trash pick up when I'm out on errands. I have found some nice things that just need a little TLC to be useful. I can’t count the number of kids bikes that I have saved, fixed up and given to friends/neighbors or donated to charity.

This is a vintage desk that was half falling apart and clearly badly stored in a garage or basement for a lot of years. It smelled like an old attic and had mildew stains on the lower half. I barely got it in the car in one piece.

But...careful work replacing screws and firming up the structure with additional hardware plus a deep cleaning and wipe down with Old English and then lemon oil saved it.

Add a few antique bronze drawer pulls I already had and it is a nice addition to the house!

97C6A84A-C087-4673-AE3A-B64668F86141.jpeg

I dig 'em. Even though they ruined the GTO, the shaker hood and graphics are cool. I'm sure they have the same rust issues as most cars depending, but for the right price and if it's original I'd snag it.

The nova body is light.
It still has a pontiac motor
I believe it's a 400.
They made a fair amount of 4 speeds.
Shaker is the same as a trans am and are fairly cheap if it's missing.

The issues I'm talking about are "dog tracking" and axle pin shearing.

I generally keep a lookout for interesting stuff being thrown away for trash pick up when I'm out on errands. I have found some nice things that just need a little TLC to be useful. I can’t count the number of kids bikes that I have saved, fixed up and given to friends/neighbors or donated to charity.

This is a vintage desk that was half falling apart and clearly badly stored in a garage or basement for a lot of years. It smelled like an old attic and had mildew stains on the lower half. I barely got it in the car in one piece.

But...careful work replacing screws and firming up the structure with additional hardware plus a deep cleaning and wipe down with Old English and then lemon oil saved it.

Add a few antique bronze drawer pulls I already had and it is a nice addition to the house!
Nice work, so satisfying bringing what someone else thought was junk back to life.

Dating myself, but I remember those times. When I was in college in '67, the gas stations across the street from one another would have gas wars. I remember 22 cents per gallon then.
I remember there was a gas station called Skylark in my city. There was only one, and they had a big sign that said 4 for a dollar. Everyone else was around 32.9 regular and 37.9 for the good stuff. Talking '68, and first ON the road car :D .......... damn, that was some time ago.

Guy around the corner has one of those, and I know of one for sale for quite a while fairly cheap.
I'm somewhat tempted.
Unfortunately I'm familiar with the chronic issues of the nova platform.
That makes me less tempted.
There was one in town last weekend, guy rescued it from a field after 44 years, was running a 455 4 speed in it.

View attachment 1716277526
Nice job! Great save!

-
Back