Random pictures thread

-
20240731_173136.jpg

Just some LED play for the kitchen counter.
The switch is mounted on the end of the cabinets, and the transformers are mounted inside and wired into the backs of those sockets.

When I did the bead board backing on all our counters I had to add the lighting or it didn’t feel finished.

The LED strips are mounted behind the lower trim on the cabinets, so you never see direct light.
Guess I should have done white switches but I only had black at the time.

IMG_5678.jpeg

IMG_5680.jpeg

IMG_5683.jpeg

IMG_4816.png
IMG_4815.jpeg

From this morning. (The fish is a skate.) No keepers, but we got 10 short flounders. NJ keeps raising the size limit, last year was 17” minimum but now it’s 18”.

Chrysler Valiant AP6 Regal Safari, 1965. The Australian Valiant was based on the American Plymouth Valiant (the AP stood for Australian Production). The AP6 introduced a split grill based on the 1964 North American Plymouth Barracuda. The Safari model name was used for all of Chrysler Australia's station wagons from the AP5 to the VG series of 1970.

1722542380631.png
1722542415971.png
1722542399862.png

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-2 Prototype, 1989. A C4 fitted with a 454ci big block V8, Z51 performance suspension and a six-speed manual transmission. Although the ZR-2 could offer ZR-1 performance at about half the cost of the Lotus-engineered LT5 32 valve DOHC V8 the big block V8 struggled to meet emission and fuel mileage requirements. The project was abandoned

1722554985421.png

"Ever wondered how a 427 SOHC engine fits in a 1965 Mustang? It’s tight! We found this photo in the TEN archives, taken by Darryl Norenberg, who turned the film in on New Year’s Eve, December 1964. It’s part of a clandestine evening test session at Pomona Raceway featuring this 1965 Mustang fastback stuffed full of 427 Cammer. Here, the hood (complete with reverse teardrop scoop) is removed to expose the massive powerplant. The guys in the photo are Little Dick Brannan and Big Charlie Gray. This Mustang is the first A/FX Mustang built by Dearborn Steel Tubing (car #1). It had a single four-barrel carb for this Pomona test, but later had dual quads and became the Stark Hickey Goldfinger car".MM

1722555112678.png
1722555123711.png

Where is the big 45 holes?
These might be small 33&1/3.
Cool !!!
It's become somewhat "de rigueur" to produce 7"/45 RPM Record Store Day records with only the small/standard hole. Why? Some say it's cheaper, some say it's because that's the way they were sold in Europe "back in the day", and others have their own theories and/or opinions. (I have an obsessive/compulsive cousin who used to own his own recording label, and **** like this drives him nuts!) Personally I don't care one way or the other, as I have numerous European 7" records like that, and since they're really not all that collectible (Ebay buyers: "Oooh! Look at this 45 with the small hole! Must be rare!" (Pffft!)), I have no problem taking a record dinker to 'em if I want to toss 'em in one of my jukeboxes.

Google-sourced image of a record dinker:
img-1159_orig.jpg

-
Back