Rant: Horsepower/muscle car tv shows

-
Good god I hate reading this crap. 5 posts about the show, and 50 posts arguing about who is more of a liar then the other. Glad the two of you calmed down though.

Good god I hate reading this crap. 5 posts about the show, and 50 posts arguing about who is more of a liar then the other. Glad the two of you calmed down though.
Well its A BOOT time a canadian piped up from his Hoose and stated his point of view eh?

Liar..no ones claiming anyone to be a liar,just some jabs between a big block and small block guy..:bootysha:

I can't watch any of those shows. They talk like complete idiots because they are.
What is with the way they emphasize the wrong parts of words and the way they seperate sentences into multiple sentences...it just sounds rediculous and is really annoying. "We're going to be rebuilding a smaaall blaack and then..well.....we're gonna put it in this car....right here!" Jackasses!
A stock 440 with a cam and valve spring change will put out more than that build with no problem. Six packs are for looks. Nobody runs a six-pack for performance...too many 4 hole options that perform better.

Watch this! It's supposed to be a a low buck rebuild instruction video! They hit the sealing surfaces of the head and block with a die grinder! Douche bags!!!! Complete fugging douche bags!!
And of course, everything on their site is just like their shows....advertising.
They are fugging pathetic.
http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.php/horsepower-videos

One thing I have seen with these shows is that they have never finished any mopar they have started yet. Maybe they should hire some of us to show them how to finish a mopar.

It's TV. It's not real.

I agree! I watch all these shows and thoroughly enjoy them, they are entertainment, nothing more. Once in awhile I pick up a tip I can use and that's great. I am also a car guy so, Chevy, Ford, Mopar its all good.

One thing I have seen with these shows is that they have never finished any mopar they have started yet. Maybe they should hire some of us to show them how to finish a mopar.

I'll second that...and another thing most of us here know what we're doing around cars,my concern is for the less experience guys who believe the crap these guys do!!!

And To Think They Are Putting That Motor In Dana Whites Car, Boy Will He Be Pissed---429hp[ Or Whatever It Was ] Should Be More Like 525hp....maybe Ford Payed Em To Say That...we All Know A 440 Makes Way More Than That....tsk Tsk......wonder What They Could Do With A Weed Eater Motor Besides Frug It Up..??

Sorry, I have yet to see anything on that show that I didn't already know.

On the other hand, I have seen plenty presented that is just wrong!!!!

Can anyone explain to me why they would suggest using a 90 degree die grinder with an abrasive pad to clean off the sealing surfaces on the heads and block??? WTF??? Are they intentionally trying to get us to screw up our stuff??? If you wanna do a low buck build and need to clean the sealing surfaces of the block and heads, a piece of wood and some fine emory cloth is the way to go. If you have a finishing sander, that's even better.

How about telling people that if you put solvent in the intake ports and it only leaks out of a couple valves a little, that's ok??? Is it too much trouble to pop the springs off and re-lap the valves??? It would take about an hour, tops! Then they would actually seal!

Douche bags, plain and simple! There is nothing on those shows I need to know. They are passing a lot of bad info onto people and trying to get people to buy stuff that they just don't need.

Hey if anyone is interested both show will be running again this morning
maybe I missed something I'm going to go RE watch them for ***** N giggles.

Hey if anyone is interested both show will be running again this morning
maybe I missed something I'm going to go RE watch them for ***** N giggles.
ok just watched it again , 424 @ 502 , They couldnt ballance the stock crank with the pistons because one of the pistons were "on the heavy side" heavy side? I dont know much about the ballancing process so ill let that go on the other hand the kid ground pad on the small end of one of the rods down to nothing........ interesting
I also noticed this time they left off the O ring from the oil pump.
Ok next up muscle car again...

I'm watching the episode right now! Man they suck! Took out that fresh 8.75 they identified as an 8.25 that was old school and weak. **** man give it here!

Thanks to this thread I had to suffer through watching those idiots. The cam they were using is the mildest Crane hydraulic roller made.
Soooo, basically, they built a motor that was fully capable of making great torque and horsepower up to 6500 or so and then crippled it with a cam that is not much better than a stock cam!!!

This is the one they used!!!
loser.gif

Part Number: 689501 Grind Number: HR-204/286-2-12
Engine Identification:
Start Yr. End Yr. Make Cyl Description
1970 1978 PLYMOUTH-DODGE-CHRYSLER 8 SMOOTH IDLE, DAILY USAGE, TOWING, ECONOMY, ALSO MILD TURBOCHARGED, 2200-3000 CRUISE RPM, 8.0 TO 9.5 COMPRESSION RATIO ADVISED. BASIC RPM 1500-5000
Engine Size Configuration
383-440 C.I. V

Valve Setting: Intake .000 Exhaust .000 HOT

Lift: Intake @Cam 286 @Valve 429 All Lifts are based
on zero lash and theoretical rocker arm ratios.
Exhaust @ Cam 301 @Valve 452
Rocker Arm Ratio 1.50

Cam Timing: TAPPET @.004
Lift: Opens Closes ADV Duration
Intake 21.0 BTDC 59.0 ABDC 260.0 °
Exhaust 70.0 BBDC 20.0 ATDC 270.0 °

Cam Timing: TAPPET @.050
Lift: Opens Closes Max Lift Duration
Intake (5.0) ATDC 29.0 ABDC 107 204.0 °
Exhaust 44.0 BBDC (10.0) BTDC 117 214.0 °

Recommended RPM range with matching components
Minimum RPM 800
Maximum RPM 5200
Valve Float 5800

Nice headers, for a motor that can use them....these guys are complete fugging idiots!!!!!!

They should have used this cam:

Part Number: 689521 Grind Number: HR-222/339-2S-12
Engine Identification:
1970 1978 PLYMOUTH-DODGE-CHRYSLER 8 FAIR IDLE, MODERATE PERFORMANCE USAGE, GOOD MID-RANGE HP, MILD BRACKET RACING, AUTO TRANS W/2500+ CONVERTER, 3000-3800 CRUISE RPM, 9.5 TO 10.75 COMPRESSION RATIO ADVISED. BASIC RPM 3000-6000
383-440 C.I. V

Lift: Intake @Cam 339 @Valve 509 All Lifts are based
Exhaust @ Cam 352 @Valve 528
Rocker Arm Ratio 1.50

Intake 31.0 BTDC 73.0 ABDC 284.0 °
Exhaust 79.0 BBDC 33.0 ATDC 292.0 °

Spring Requirements: Triple Dual Outer Inner
Part Number 99890
Loads Closed 131 LBS @ 1.900 or 1 29/32
Open 336 LBS @ 1.400
Minimum RPM 1800
Maximum RPM 6000
Valve Float 6600

Intake 4.0 BTDC 38.0 ABDC 107 222.0 °
Exhaust 52.0 BBDC (2.0) BTDC 117 230.0 °

Or this one:
Part Number: 689531 Grind Number: HR-230/352-2S-12
Engine Identification:
1970 1978 PLYMOUTH-DODGE-CHRYSLER 8 FAIR IDLE, PERFORMANCE USAGE, GOOD MID-RANGE TORQUE AND HP, 3600-4400 CRUISE RPM, 10.0 TO 11.5 COMPRESSION RATIO ADVISED. BASIC RPM 3000-6500
383-440 C.I. V

Lift: Intake @Cam 352 @Valve 528 All Lifts are based
Exhaust @ Cam 359 @Valve 539
Rocker Arm Ratio 1.50

Intake 35.0 BTDC 77.0 ABDC 292.0 °
Exhaust 82.0 BBDC 36.0 ATDC 298.0 °

Spring Requirements: Triple Dual Outer Inner
Part Number 99890
Loads Closed 131 LBS @ 1.900 or 1 29/32
Open 341 LBS @ 1.390
Minimum RPM 2200
Maximum RPM 6400
Valve Float 7000

Intake 8.0 BTDC 42.0 ABDC 107 230.0 °
Exhaust 55.0 BBDC 1.0 ATDC 117 236.0 °

I'll say it again, they are douche bags!!!

Just re-watched it,they got 424 h.p. from a motor that made 390 from the factory,and they used a roller cam and aluminum heads..:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: i saw the biggest mistake they made installing the cam straight up,no wonder it made NO power..

I'm watching the episode right now! Man they suck! Took out that fresh 8.75 they identified as an 8.25 that was old school and weak. **** man give it here!

They dont even know the difference between an 8.25 and a .8.75, sad very sad. they should get s##t straight and hire new people.

YEH I WAS PISSED WHEN I SAW THIS I WAS HAPPY FOR THE BUILD

THEN WHEN THEY DYNO'd IT MADE ONLY LIK 450HP and they said a 69 - 70 440 6pack made only lik 340 -350 hp WTF BULL SH%T.... i was not happy for they work they did and the money they spent and a small block chevy could made more power.. im pissed at this

They claimed a 72 440 6 pack made 330 hp!!!!

First of all, does everyone know how many 72 440 6 packs were prodeuced from the factory???

3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 440 6-pack was under-rated at 390 hp and 490 pounds-feet of torque. It would actually out-torque and out-horsepower a hemi to 4000 RPM!!! So these dipsh!ts spent $8000 to build an engine that produces 35 more hp and 12 more pound feet of torque?!?!?

DOUCHE BAGS!!!!!!!!!
thatiscorrectsmiley.gif

P.S. Did I mention that the factory 440 6 pack was 10-1??? The motor they put together was 10.5-1!!

Let me get this other little thing strait, too. After grinding tons of weight off the stock rods, they go to balance the stock crank and find that the crank is too light because they, apparently, have incredibly heavy pistons???

Sooo, their big fix was to buy a cast 440 crank from china????

Gee, maybe a different set of pistons would have been wise, huh? But then they would not be able to talk about the chinese crank, right? Sell, sell, sell!!! What a bunch of crap!!!

I hope Dana White kicks their asses!!! LOL

I was watching a show a couple of weeks ago,and they showed step by step how to install a 9 inch in a car. they said they didn't want to use the F word,but the 9 " was just what they needed.I was wandering why they were installing a Dana 60 in a car that needed a Ford 9"?

-
Back