Rant: Horsepower/muscle car tv shows

-
Need to find a way to get ahold of dana white [ufc] and warn him of his upcoming heartbreak and doom of his motor, be cool if we could get him to let all of us do his motor [REDO]and have his endorsement of FABO, he is a very powerful individual and a very wealthy one at that, and i assure you some heads will roll over his motor/car situation........... afterall ,he is a mopar guy , maybe not a super knowledgeble one but is one to be reckoned with....looks like he may need some help but just doesnt know it yet.........wouldnt be cool if in the middle of one of those shows that DANA WHITE AND SOME MEMBERS OF THE FABO MAFIA WALKED IN AND PUT THESE GUYS HEAD IN A VISE AND STARTED USING A GRINDER ON THEIR RODS AND BORING OUT THEIR....................well u get the point......lol.........just a thought.......or is it?

Sorry for the people who actually try to use the info on this channel. What a cluster f....

The cam is the problem with the engine. I will say that they were running it in a net hp type configuration. That thing is probably a very docile engine that can idle all day and is streetable. You'd also have to do a lot of tuning to the carbs on a 6-pack setup for anything that isn't stock.

I use the 90 degree die grinder and a small abrasive pad on the intake and exhaust sealing surfaces. provided you have iron heads and just barely hit them enough to get the corrosion/gasket material off, it works great. I typically use a scotch brite pad and some brake cleaner on the head surfaces. I haven't had ANY leak issues.

The rearend thing is crap though. The 8.75 is plenty for that engine...although some people call ones with the 741 centersection as 8 1/4's...and there are some 8 1/4's that are really 8 3/8's.

They should have said they can't use that type of suspension setup on a Dana 60 because they couldn't easily weld the tabs to the top of the cast iron housing. That's likely the REAL reason.

thats cuzs they got OFF THE SELF parts and just through it in the motor ..................... THE show has money but no one knew waht they were Doing !

The 3 link setup is kinda cool may have to look into one~

Until it gets ripped off the floorpan with a big hunk of floor with it!

That upper link really needs to be secured via a crossmember. The floorpan ISN'T the proper mounting base.

Well Guys I Did It, I Contacted Dana At Ufc And Invited Him To Look Into Fabo To See What Was Going On And What The Stir Was All About And To Make Him Aware Of The Mess The Tv Azzholes Created. That We All Would Be Willing To Help Him. Lets See If Anything Happens. Will Keep You Posted.

They claimed a 72 440 6 pack made 330 hp!!!!

First of all, does everyone know how many 72 440 6 packs were prodeuced from the factory???

3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 440 6-pack was under-rated at 390 hp and 490 pounds-feet of torque. It would actually out-torque and out-horsepower a hemi to 4000 RPM!!! So these dipsh!ts spent $8000 to build an engine that produces 35 more hp and 12 more pound feet of torque?!?!?

DOUCHE BAGS!!!!!!!!!
thatiscorrectsmiley.gif

P.S. Did I mention that the factory 440 6 pack was 10-1??? The motor they put together was 10.5-1!!
Hmmm im having trouble finding the Hp ratings and SpeC's for the 72 440+6
I wonder why.............HMMMMMMMM

Until it gets ripped off the floorpan with a big hunk of floor with it!

That upper link really needs to be secured via a crossmember. The floorpan ISN'T the proper mounting base.

AGREE.........:angry7:

You guys DONT want to see the email I just fired off to them.

A buddy phoned me this morning and told me to watch the episode on TV and I could not believe it. The cam they used was so mild that it would have been better off in 383 2BL truck engine, these morons have got **** for brains. The stock "factory" cam for a 72 440 4BL was .467in/.483ex for a grand total of 290HP (smog engine) with 8.75 comp, the cam they used had lower numbers than that. Sid is planing on contacted these dumb asses and tearing them a new one. If I or Sid or other people in the area built BB's like these dipshits we would be the laughing stocks and deservably so, that engine with the right cam would have been in the mid 500's for HP, mind you the way they put it together it would have probably blown up. What these dip ***** did to the bottom end of this engine should result in all of them being lined up against the nearest wall and shot with a ball of their own ****. Grinding rods, dicking with cranks, I'm surprised that they didn't find a way to put the pistons in upside down, I wouldn't let any of them overhaul my Brigs lawn mower engine.
This show needs a disclaimer at the beginning that reads something like this "for the sake of your reputation and pocket books we, the producers of this show, recommend that knowbody build their engines like these guys and if you do don't stand beside them when running on the dyno. We will not be held responsible for any damage to body parts or ensuing fireballs".
"ASSHOLES"

Terry

I'm watching those clowns now, and they say the 440 Six-Pack, in 1972, made 330HP, so they picked up 100HP. Dorks.

YearHorsepowerPound-Feet1969-390HP @ 4,700// 490 ft lbs @ 3,200 (some sources say 3,600) 1970-390HP @ 4,700//490 ft lbs @ 3,200 (some sources say 3,600) 1971-385HP @ 4,700//490 ft lbs @ 3,200

And for those playing along at home...

NEVER, EVER leave a point at the corners of a reinforcing plate like those dopes did on the 3 link plate., It creates a stress point for future failure. Always round the corners

...The reason they used the 9" is that a Dana "might" be better but it is too heavy and has availability issues and you can't get a good gear selection...
Steve Magnante ran 5 runs on an 8-3/4, and 5 on a Dana in a BB Dart, and they all ran the same times. The purpose being to disprove the weight penalty myth of the Dana.

MuscleCar is on right now. Are they putting a 9" in a 'Cuda right now with a panhard bar and other Chevy crap? Seriously. WTF SS sprung Hemi Darts are running in the 8s.

So, I'm confused. Is there a UFC Challenger on HorsepowerTV, and a UFC 'Cuda for MuscleCar?

I watched that 440-6 episode & wanted to reach through the screen & strangle those mother&%$#@*!. That weak *** build was on purpose to discourage anyone from choosing Mopars. It gave the impression that Mopars don't make any power. We need our own show dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. That weak *** Joe Elmore is supposed to love firds but get punked out to root for chivvies on the regular . My diehard love for MOPARS is not for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a job about 24 years ago that went out of business. The owner offered me a '73 chivvy pickup in stead of paying me my $225 paycheck. I said hell the F%$k no!!! I'll continue to walk the 45 min. to work. I just couldn't be caught dead owning a chivvy.

This may not be a bad thing for us. We love our cars, and can't be discouraged by a TV show. Perhaps this will keep others from buying the cars we want, and make them wonder WTF when they are staring at our taillights.

I haven't heard this, and can't understand the reasoning?

Supposedly there were some 741's that came with 8.25" ring gears. That one was most likely not one of them since they were used behind /6's.
A stock 8.75" rear, which came out just before the 9", is actually stronger than a stock 9". A stock 8.75" rear is plenty stout to handle just about any engine running street tires....race tires, you'll probably run into trouble if you exceed around 800 pound feet and actually hook it up...aside from that, they are bulletproof. My buddy had stroker 440/496 in his 73 cuda that he shifted at 7000 rpm!
Another clue as to the strength of the 8.75" rear, the 727 equipped 68 Super Stock Darts/Barracudas ran 8.75" rears....10.50's right off the shelf!!!

Supposedly there were some 741's that came with 8.25" ring gears.

Another clue as to the strength of the 8.75" rear, the 727 equipped 68 Super Stock Darts/Barracudas ran 8.75" rears....10.50's right off the shelf!!!
How would the pinion gear reach the ring gear if it's 1/2" smaller? Well, whatever. I was going to post something about the Hemi Darts, but didn't know if they all came with Danas or not. They're running in the 8s now, but are any of them using 8-3/4s? I don't know. Is the pinion shaft of any importance as far as strength is concerned? The 741 has a 1-3/8" shaft, and the 9" has a 1-5/16" shaft--1/16" smaller than the 9". The 742 is 1-3/4", and the 489 is 1-7/8", but that is at the big end. The 8-3/4s are all the same size where the yoke bolts up, and they are all bigger than the 9", so I don't see how the bigger pinion contributes to greater strength. The bigger pinions have bigger bearings, so that may hold the pinion gear more precisely. I don't know. I've read about the 9" pinion sitting lower compared to a Chevy 12 bolt, but nothing comparing them to the 8-3/4. When I see 8-3/4 failures, it's the carrier bearing caps breaking, or the axle shafts twisting. Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is in putting a 9" into a GM or Chrysler product. A Japanese truck, I can see, but when a Mopar came with an 8-3/4, and you could get a Dana, why would one want the 9", and what's with the panhard bar/coil over crap?

half these so called car /engine builders could'nt build s&%t if it were out of pocket i've got a 4K 67 r/t 440 mtr that would suck the life outta their's

-
Back