Rare Cars that you didn't buy

-
1970 Pontiac Trans am 455ho $3,000.00 in about 1981.

In the mid 70`s I passed on a 67 GTX with Hemi/4spd./Dana/ black on black, just $1600.00. I needed a little help financing it so I asked my dad for the rest of the money. He took one look at it and said I would kill myself in that car so that ended that. He was probably right. A few years later I passed on a 69 Shelby Mustang KR500 orange on white for $3000.00. Boy, if I had only known what those cars would be worth today I would`ve bought every one I could find then.

1968 Charger in 1979, for $800, didnt have the money

Buying back the 64 Custom 880 for $3000 that my parents bought new, that my dad sold for $100 in 1988. GRRR. Not enough money

1973 340 Duster Lemon Twist in 1990 for $1500, Just cause i was stupid.

probably more, but these are the ones that stick out.

Oh and a 62 Chrysler 300 non letter with a 413, in 1990 for $800.

Everytime i hear the Beach Boys sing Kokomo, i remember this car. It was playing on the radio when i was driving it.

The one I will always remember is in the late 80's, I was working at a gas station in high school and a kid who was 2 years older than me had a 69 Camaro RS/SS convertible, hugger orange with white stripes, a REAL 396/375 car, 4 speed, 4.10 12 bolt. It was his only car being 18 and he was a delivery driver for Domino's pizza. The gas was killing him. Too bad I didn't inquire further about it. One day he came in bragging about how he traded it straight up for an '84 mustang convertible.

My father-in-law, who was the original owner of our GTS, often talks about how he almost traded the dart in on a new 69 camaro. It was a white, factory 427, automatic, 4.10 12 bolt, plain wrapper car. He used to look at it on the lot every weekend for about 3 weeks until it sold. He said the only reason he didn't buy it was because it was an automatic. This thing, a COPO car, is worth a few bucks now.

i just wanted to publicly kickmyself..........

i just had to pass on a 66 charger 383 auto ......3500 bucks:banghead::violent1:
not afactory car motor and trans were swapped but i love that body style charger :(

Yep, 1968 factory Super Stock Hemi Cuda. this was in 1980, asking price $2500.00. I had just got married, & had no money (still don't). My dad offered to loan me the money, but I refused, telling him that if I ever needed to borrow money, it would be something I needed. Sometimes its hard to stand up & do the right thing. Though, looking back, I should have borrowed the cash!

had a chance to purchase a 13,000mile two owner 70' CDN hemi cuda for 45k cdn in 1996 with about 10k in used and nos parts. All I could think of was it was a down payment on a house (already owned the house). couldn't fathom it or justify it! It was a car!

ahhhhhh hindsight eh!

ps-it sold in 98 for 80k cdn, was flipped shortly after for 120k, and last I heard was still in that collection.

-
Back