Restoration of Tom Myl's 1968 Super Stock BO29 Hemi Barracuda

-
Hi,

I´m trying to dig up information about how these cars were raced during the first couple of years, and when the first upgrades were done, and what was done. I´m talking about the suspensions and chassis.

Now, I see the front torque boxes are in place on this car. Does it mean the car had them when picked up at Hurst, or was it done later?... if so, when was it done?

And have I got this right... The restoration is as raced during the 1969 season?
Details... I want details :)

And again, thank You for sharing this very interesting restoration, and the paint scheme turned out... well I have only lame English words to describe it...

And yes when I see the last post of the thread... I hope Tom is recovering well...

Thank You Stefan

Stefan
You are referring to the torque boxes in front of the front spring mounts right? . These cars were based on the 383 cars suspension & chassis wise. All the LO &BO cars "should of" had those torque boxes from new.

liteweight

Stefan
You are referring to the torque boxes in front of the front spring mounts right? . These cars were based on the 383 cars suspension & chassis wise. All the LO &BO cars "should of" had those torque boxes from new.

liteweight

No, I´m referring to IMG3214 side 5... front torque boxes...

I think auto have rear torque boxes and 4 speed have front and rear

Yes, thank You. This makes sense, but only some of the 383 cars did have them up front, so if all 4-speed cars had them front, some sort of selection must have been done here at some point in the build...?
Anyone know of a SS 4-speed that doesn´t have them front? If so, it´s a hit and miss thing like with the production 383`s. Not likely though...

Small up date. Work on the car slowed down for a little bit. Getting back on track. I restored the steering column. Tony had the collars painted to match the dash frame. I just bought 68 NOS Hurst Line Loc, water pump housing and a helmet (thanks Winston). The helmet we are sending it to Travis to paint the same color as the car. As the one back in the day when Tom owned it.
Still looking for a few things, the correct offset brake master cylinder bracket and the correct rubber and brake lines and the factory brake rotors. I will add to this list.

IMG_3249.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

Small up date. Work on the car slowed down for a little bit. Getting back on track. I restored the steering column. Tony had the collars painted to match the dash frame. I just bought 68 NOS Hurst Line Loc, water pump housing and a helmet (thanks Winston). The helmet we are sending it to Travis to paint the same color as the car. As the one back in the day when Tom owned it.
Still looking for a few things, the correct offset brake master cylinder bracket and the correct rubber and brake lines and the factory brake rotors. I will add to this list.

Awesome!!!

I have some Rotors that are not original but vintage 70's.

The car looks fantastic !!!! looking forward to seeing more progress pics.

-
Back