Restoration of Tom Myl's 1968 Super Stock BO29 Hemi Barracuda

-
We found some original 68 super stock seats
front suspension in and rear and Dana
I will have some better pictures coming
We also have some awesome news coming, must keep you suspense.

View attachment 1715006085

View attachment 1715006086

View attachment 1715006087

View attachment 1715006088

View attachment 1715006089

View attachment 1715006090
i that you cuda dave? if so would you consider bringing it to our care packages for the troops show in may and displaying it? call me and lets talk --- 860-977-1797, mike

Dart 028.jpg

Your steering coluum? Is that an original BO coluum? The original coluum were cut down to clear the cylinder head....that one does not appear to be cut down.

View attachment 1715006093

Your steering coluum? Is that an original BO coluum? The original coluum were cut down to clear the cylinder head....that one does not appear to be cut down.
I think your correct I think tony game me another column to restore because it was in better condition. I think the other one was modified. But I think the tube was still good. I will have to swap it or cut this one down. Thanks for catching that.
View attachment 1715006093

I will have to double check that. We had the original column and a parts one, possible the tubes got swap. If so I will have to sway them or cut this one down.

i that you cuda dave? if so would you consider bringing it to our care packages for the troops show in may and displaying it? call me and lets talk --- 860-977-1797, mike
Mike,
Most likely the car will not be done for may. Finding some of these original parts are hard or people just do not want to let them go. But then you get the ones that have the part you need and they are more than generous, that this part belong on this car knowing its a real car and almost give it away (Thank You All). Them of coarse we all know the others that want a mill for everything they have.

Another great find
NOS Super Stock Trans
From Pro Transmission

View attachment 1714977630

View attachment 1714977631
Dave how is the trans code decoded i bought a 68 Hemi car (not BO29) and it had (supposedly) an original motor which i did not get with the car but i did get everything elsethe cage is similar to the one you removed but i want to see what the trans is before i decide to reuse it any help appreciated thanks Sam

Last edited:
Dave how is the trans code decoded i bought a 68 Hemi car (not BO29) and it had (supposedly) an original motor which i did not get with the car but i did get everything elsethe cage is similar to the one you removed but i want to see what the trans is before i decide to reuse it any help appreciated thanks Sam
On the driver side of the trans along the pan rail has a part number PK*******

I know it has been awhile but life and work sometimes gets in the way. I do have some news not much but it some.
I found some original Kelsey Hays A Body Large Bolt Brakes WOW!!! These are so hard to find.
They are off an original 68 LO Dart that is in Mass. The owner passed away I heard, now the wife has the car. The name on Dart was Play Thing. I posted a picture of the car

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3656.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1e2c.jpeg

a lot of great info here but i havn't see an info on torsion bars so my question what was the correct number on the ends of the torsion bars i have a pair of bars i can't find on any of the parts sheets 397L and 397R any help ?

PXL_20210713_121422445.jpg
Word on the street is that there will be a small feature in the October 2021 issue of Mopar Collectors Guide. "Under Construction" feature.

Last edited:
MCG Under Construction article is on the newsstands if anyone is interested.

I got the video earlier today
It moves
We also have a lot more info this build that has been missed. I will fill you in soon.

Last edited:
-
Back