Retired

-
Congrats Del. I keep real busy since June of last year. I have been brewing beer for fun.

IMG_0325.JPG
What wheels did you put them on?
They are made by Aspen

Congrats on the retirement. There is always something to do...but you'll learn quick how to schedule those days off.

Congratulations Del, I retired last June. With dogs, cars, and honey do, never a dull moment! Stay busy only there’s no rush anymore.

I retired from the US Army, then went to work at a Dodge Dealer in the parts room. I also carried mail part time on weekends. I was offered a full time route and left the dealership. Retired again from the Post Office. All the time, I went to school and earned my BA, then my masters.
During the school year I substitute teach a couple days a week. Every now and again, I'll accept a long term assignment if a teacher becomes ill or pregnant. This summer I'm working part time back at the dealer I used to work at. But only because he's paying me more than what I would have made teaching summer school. I'm also raising (with my wife) my 12 yr old grand daughter and if that isn't enough, I declared my PhD candidacy.
That means a bunch of research and likely a book that'll be written.
So, I've retired twice and I haven't stopped yet.

I retired from the US Army, then went to work at a Dodge Dealer in the parts room. I also carried mail part time on weekends. I was offered a full time route and left the dealership. Retired again from the Post Office. All the time, I went to school and earned my BA, then my masters.
During the school year I substitute teach a couple days a week. Every now and again, I'll accept a long term assignment if a teacher becomes ill or pregnant. This summer I'm working part time back at the dealer I used to work at. But only because he's paying me more than what I would have made teaching summer school. I'm also raising (with my wife) my 12 yr old grand daughter and if that isn't enough, I declared my PhD candidacy.
Outstanding! You go dude!

Congratulations. When do you rest

Congrats! I wouldn't have time to work theses days!

Shop001.jpg

20180206_000004 (1).jpg

Life is good!

Congratulations. When do you rest
Well, I only work three days out of seven right now, 9:00 to 5:00. When I teach, that's not to bad. In at 7:00 out by 3:00 at the latest.
To be honest, I was MRB'd after 17 yrs of Army. Got hurt, have a pacer, made me non-deployable. Used my federal time in the Army to allow me to retire from the P/O when they offered early retirements a few years back. Went to school while in the Army and finished after I got out. Running down transcripts from 4 different universities was no picnic.
The grand daughter was a surprise. My daughter has some issues. Foster care was out of the question. So, you take care of your own.
You learn to take time for your self!

Congrats and enjoy.
Just keep it in the back of your mind that you should never become a crappy old coot that becomes a Judge mental pain in the *** pissing on everyone’s car.

Then your good!

LMAO!!!!

Today I finally retired. What's everyone doing on retirement. I'm so excited

:thumbsup: Congrats on your retirement, Del! What to do? I reckon is a matter of setting priourities. What do you enjoy doing? Will it work with your budget now that you are retired? Will it leave time for self and for family?

Not to worry. Just keep your wife in the decision making process and all should work out well.

Best regards,

Harry

Well, I only work three days out of seven right now, 9:00 to 5:00. When I teach, that's not to bad. In at 7:00 out by 3:00 at the latest.
To be honest, I was MRB'd after 17 yrs of Army. Got hurt, have a pacer, made me non-deployable. Used my federal time in the Army to allow me to retire from the P/O when they offered early retirements a few years back. Went to school while in the Army and finished after I got out. Running down transcripts from 4 different universities was no picnic.
The grand daughter was a surprise. My daughter has some issues. Foster care was out of the question. So, you take care of your own.
You learn to take time for your self!
Thank you for your service .

-
Back