Retired

-
Congrats and enjoy.
Just keep it in the back of your mind that you should never become a crappy old coot that becomes a Judge mental pain in the *** pissing on everyone’s car.

Then your good!

LMAO!!!!
My wife says I get more mellow as I age . But she's never been around me all day. lol

:thumbsup: Congrats on your retirement, Del! What to do? I reckon is a matter of setting priourities. What do you enjoy doing? Will it work with your budget now that you are retired? Will it leave time for self and for family?

Not to worry. Just keep your wife in the decision making process and all should work out well.

Best regards,

Harry
I was a District Sales Manager for a welding distributor for 29 years . Will spend time with grandkids more and go fishing anytime ( I hope ) and get the Barracuda out more. Thank you

I'm hoping your right retirement still sounds better than a job . Plus my job got in the way of fishing
You will never run out of things to do. (you might run out of energy or drive but) All those things you put on the back burner because you didn't have time to do, well you have time now. I find it refreshing not to be in a rush. If I start a little project and don't get it done, I can always finish it tomorrow. Enjoy my friend.

Congrats!

My Old Man retired a few years ago after serving in the military for 28 years and working as a Mech Engineer for Lockheed Martin for 30 years. He was a busy guy and I thought he'd go crazy with so much time on his hands.

His famous saying now when asked what he does all day? "I drink my coffee in the morning, and my whiskey in the evening. Whatever happens between those 2 events is a blessing".

Enjoy your retirement!

Today I finally retired. What's everyone doing on retirement. I'm so excited

Congrats! ...and welcome to the club.

I'm doing less and less car stuff... We purchased a condo in Florida a few years back since 2 of our kids live there, and most of our family.
Also, We've been traveling quite a bit. Just before retiring we purchased a villa in Italy. We use it as home base while we explore Europe.

Last edited:
Congrats!

My Old Man retired a few years ago after serving in the military for 28 years and working as a Mech Engineer for Lockheed Martin for 30 years. He was a busy guy and I thought he'd go crazy with so much time on his hands.

His famous saying now when asked what he does all day? "I drink my coffee in the morning, and my whiskey in the evening. Whatever happens between those 2 events is a blessing".

Enjoy your retirement!
Nicely put. Thank you

Congrats! ...and welcome to the club.

I'm doing less and less car stuff... We purchased a condo in Florida a few years back since 2 of our kids live there, and most of our family.
Also, We've been traveling quite a bit. Just before retiring we purchased a villa in Italy. We use it as home base while we explore Europe.
That sounds wonderful. I should have purchased something few years ago

I have almost exactly 1year to go. It's driving me crazy. It's almost all I think about, except for a 392 Challenger. B5 blue, with everything.

I have almost exactly 1year to go. It's driving me crazy. It's almost all I think about, except for a 392 Challenger. B5 blue, with everything.
Thank you I know what you mean I put in for retirement 6 months ago and it drug on forever until the last week

Congratulations Del! I'm been running my *** off since I met you two years ago, I don't know if retirement will exist in the thirty years I have left to go, sure hope so! Now go take the Barracuda down to the lake to catch some dinner!

Congratulations Del! I'm been running my *** off since I met you two years ago, I don't know if retirement will exist in the thirty years I have left to go, sure hope so! Now go take the Barracuda down to the lake to catch some dinner!
Thank you. I'm gonna slow down a little and put bells on my poles to wake me up when I have a bite

I never run out of things to do, just $ to do it with! But at age 70 I refuse to start another career!

Wife said, " why don't you buy that cheap project ac, fix it and sell it at a profit?"..

I said " I refuse to work for 5 cents per hour!!

Congratulations on your retirement!! Id find another project car to keep me busy it was me! Lol well iv only got another 30 years to go tho lol by the time I retire 2018 model cars will be classics lol

My wife and I are both new retirees . I retired in November and my wife retired the last day of May.
Been busy with stuff around the house that you never seem to have the time to do on week ends. The best thing is you don't have the time restraints. You can take a break when you want.
Now maybe I'll have time to work on my car too. Here's hoping.

Congrats to you!

Today I finally retired. What's everyone doing on retirement. I'm so excited
Do something! mow the lawn...work on your car. Just dont sit and watch TV all day. My Dad got a part time job as a rental car porter, he drove new cars between rental yards and to airports all day, said it was his best job ever.

I retire in Sept. Just got a motor home It's just me no wife so I gotta do something.
heading for the mountains all over this country and getting a metal detector and a gold pan. Strapping a dirt bike on the back of the motor home and go looking for rocks and a good view.

Congratulations on your retirement!! Id find another project car to keep me busy it was me! Lol well iv only got another 30 years to go tho lol by the time I retire 2018 model cars will be classics lol
Thank you. I'm gonna keep that thought in my head

My wife and I are both new retirees . I retired in November and my wife retired the last day of May.
Been busy with stuff around the house that you never seem to have the time to do on week ends. The best thing is you don't have the time restraints. You can take a break when you want.
Now maybe I'll have time to work on my car too. Here's hoping.

Congrats to you!
Thank you

Do something! mow the lawn...work on your car. Just dont sit and watch TV all day. My Dad got a part time job as a rental car porter, he drove new cars between rental yards and to airports all day, said it was his best job ever.
Your absolutely correct I won't sit around. Been putting things off in my garage and shop and will get in some fishing

-
Back