RHD '67 Barracuda Rag Top.

-
Im hoping to contact the owner of this very sorry looking FB. Not sure whats actually salvageable on it but its going to be scrapped very soon so its worth collecting before its turned into bean cans.

If its still got its rear axle it will be a 741 with Suregrip so worth the 12 hour drive if nothing else. Hoping to get a contact number tomorrow.

96237723_3232930370264866_9094341740290113536_o.jpg

96359475_3232930466931523_3347595504476225536_o.jpg

96529217_3232930453598191_283626901354840064_o.jpg

I see a rim still bolted on, that's a hood sign of the axle under it. Maybe the RHD steering column and RHD bits, some of the trim. Looks like it's got the rear defogger option. What looks like a 6x9 speaker in the rear side panel that you can see thru the window is actually the air intake for the rear window defogger. That's pretty rare even in the states. I wanted 2 of those 6x9 frames for speakers ironically. I wonder if it was wrecked, or just eventually rotted out till it was just unsafe to drive then was parked.

I see a rim still bolted on, that's a hood sign of the axle under it. Maybe the RHD steering column and RHD bits, some of the trim. Looks like it's got the rear defogger option. What looks like a 6x9 speaker in the rear side panel that you can see thru the window is actually the air intake for the rear window defogger. That's pretty rare even in the states. I wanted 2 of those 6x9 frames for speakers ironically. I wonder if it was wrecked, or just eventually rotted out till it was just unsafe to drive then was parked.

Yeh, I spotted the wheel on there. So if thats there then theres a good chance the suregrip is, and that would making collecting it worth the long trip. Interesting about the fogger option, would make a lot of sense in the UK right enough. :D

Salvageable, I would say anything you can unbolt that isnt in horribly bad condition or that can be refurbished with minor work. I bet theres people looking for some of the pieces out of that thing. I bet you can pick quite a bit off it.

A body 8&3/4 rears are pretty rare where I am at, that's why I went with the ford explorer 8.8 plus I am upgrading the bolt circle all around anyways, I bet that one is like a pot "o" gold where you are.

Salvageable, I would say anything you c as n unbolt that isnt in bad condition or that can be refurbished with minor work. I bet theres people looking for some of the pieces out of that thing.

No doubt! Someone just bought a '67 Barracuda and is looking for a bunch of bits. Getting a bit excited again. :D

A body 8&3/4 rears are pretty rare where I am at, that's why I went with the ford explorer 8.8 plus I am upgrading the bolt circle all around anyways, I bet that one is like a pot "o" gold where you are.

They sure are! So if its still got the original axle then Im laughing. Easily £1000 for it.

Cars like these arent in the junkyards in the states very often anymore either. If and when they are, these are usually picked clean very quickly.

I built up an 8&3/4 for my 67, did the big bolt pattern brakes 10x2.5" finned drums, 3.73s, locker, started with a dodge pickup axle tube that was narrowed to A body width, then went from there to piece it together. $1,700 later its complete. I did the explorer 8.8. Got the same bolt pattern, rear discs, 3.73s, a locker etc. With everything to rebuild it, and the axle out of the truck, I am into it less than $500

Maybe you can offer em 200 if its only 50 in scrap. You can always go up, but you cant go down. Sell off it what's salvagable that you dont need for yours, get your money back, and make some on top of that lol.

I built up an 8&3/4 for my 67, did the big bolt pattern brakes 10x2.5" finned drums, 3.73s, locker, started with a dodge pickup axle tube that was narrowed to A body width, then went from there to piece it together. $1,700 later its complete. I did the explorer 8.8. Got the same bolt pattern, rear discs, 3.73s, a locker etc. With everything to rebuild it, and the axle out of the truck, I am into it less than $500

Damn, thats mad! These UK 741's are all 3.23's.

Heres the thing. The exploder rear already had the 3.73 gears & locker diff in it, and disc brakes on it as purchased $200 complete out of an explorer XLT with a 5.0 V8 lol. Just shorten the long end tube to center the pumpkin , and use another short end axle in the long end you just cut down to center it, and it's slightly narrower than an A body width.

That explorer axle, I figured out what U joint fits the mopar axle and the ford yoke, so no custom driveshaft is needed. Found a place to custom make me super nice E brake cables that are mopar in front, Explorer in the back. Even came up with custom shock plates to fit the wider ford U bolts lol.

That explorer axle, I figured out what U joint fits the mopar axle and the ford yoke, so no custom driveshaft is needed. Found a place to custom make me super nice E brake cables that are mopar in front, Explorer in the back. Even came up with custom shock plates to fit the wider ford U bolts lol.

Some quality homework and fabbing going on there!

Yessir. I wanted to mod the axle to fit the car, not the other way around. Maybe I will come across an A body 8&3/4 some day. However the explorer discs do clear the 15x7 painted steel rims we will be using, so then again maybe not. I loved reading the barracuda ad. Even the big block fury ad for the 9 passenger wagon . A cavernous boot. Well they sure did. Fold the second and 3rd row seats down, black tint the side and rear glass, toss a mattress back there and you had a deluxe sized shaggin wagon.

Yessir. I wanted to mod the axle to fit the car, not the other way around. Maybe I will come across an A body 8&3/4 some day. However the explorer discs do clear the 15x7 painted steel rims we will be using, so then again maybe not. I loved reading the barracuda ad. Even the big block fury ad for the 9 passenger wagon . A cavernous boot. Well they sure did. Fold the second and 3rd row seats down, black tint the side and rear glass, toss a mattress back there and you had a deluxe sized shaggin wagon.

Shagging Wagon! Never expected to hear that from an American. :D Do you guys use that term as well?

Makes for an interesting read over a coffee as well. Well, does for me anyway as I now have two of the cars mentioned on that list. :D

Chrysler of the United Kingdom - the history and the cars

Austin Powers man, Austin Powers. That movie was great. Mike Meyers is an effing clown. Felicity Shagwell . Rumor is that Mike Meyers dad loved the old James Bond movies so Mike made a spoof movie on James Bond. Heck I almost got vehicle parking pass number 007 at work and was stoked until they gave me 004. Then I was bummed out. I am sure there plenty of stuff from over there that's become part of our vernacular just like some stuff over there that y'all hear from us. Incidentally I think Sean Connery made the best James Bond, followed up by Roger Moore as a close second, then Pierce Brosnan.

-
Back