RHD '67 Barracuda Rag Top.

-
Look at what ju
You have a fastback and a coupe? Or you got the fury saloon? Maybe the 9 passenger wagon?

The Australian Valiant Charger (as per my profile pic) Its actually my 5th Aussie Charger now. :D I really hope to keep this one though.

Austin Powers man, Austin Powers. That movie was great. Mike Meyers is an effing clown. Felicity Shagwell . Rumor is that Mike Meyers dad loved the old James Bond movies so Mike made a spoof movie on James Bond. Heck I almost got vehicle parking pass number 007 at work and was stoked until they gave me 004. Then I was bummed out. I am sure there plenty of stuff from over there that's become part of our vernacular just like some stuff over there that y'all hear from us. Incidentally I think Sean Connery made the best James Bond, followed up by Roger Moore as a close second, then Pierce Brosnan.

Ah of course. :D Its still a term used here all the time. .D

There was a vote on who as the best Bond here recently. Sean was voted number one. Its interesting how poor his family was back in Scotland. When he was a baby he literally had to sleep in the bottom drawer in the chest of drawers.

Yes, I think a lot of American colloquialisms have made their way over to the UK, and the rest of the world in general. Its interesting when I speak with Norwegians when they speak English. You instantly hear if they have picked up English from American or British TV.

There's a few American words that wont catch on, ever. For example what you guys call a Fanny Bag. Or Fanny in general, to use a Fanny is a womans Pussy. So its real funny hearing Americans talking so opening about Fannies, or patting someone on the Fanny. :D When Fanny Bags first came out we call them Bum Bags, as they tended go be rear facing. But Americans would come over and call them Fanny Bags. Alot of people where quite offended and taken aback. It was as if you guys called them Pussy Bags.

Another one is 'Pants', originating from the English word Pantaloons. We call them Trousers though, so in this regard the Americans are more correct than us here in the UK. Pants to us has been shortened from the work Under Pants, because you wear them under your Pantaloons. But since we call Pants Trousers Underpants are now just Pants.

There's loads of others but I cant think of them right now. We have enough issues understanding each other with the amount of Dialects we have in the UK. In Scotland alone the more north you go the less I understand, in fact Id maybe only be able to pick a few words out of a couple speaking to each other 2 hours north of me. :D Where I to speak to someone from my area I you'd assume we where not even speaking English at all. For example, asking someone 'Foo's yir Doo's?' In English is asking someone how their Pigeons are. Hundreds of years ago it was law to keep Pigeons as a food source, if your Pigeons where not doing well you might not survive the winter. So asking Foo's yir Doo's is akin to asking how are you? With the reply being 'Aye peckin' Always pecking, which means they will be nice and fat for the winter. Or in other words they are doing ok. So asking Foo's yir Doo's you're just asking how they are. :D We have a lot of old French and Norse words still interwoven in my area of Scotland as well. Its mainly older folk who speak this 'Doric' dialect. Mostly I dont have a clue what they are saying. :D :D :D

Come awa ben the hoose for a fly an a piece = Welcome. Come in and I'll make you a cup of tea and something to eat. :D People still say 'Ben the hoose' when they want you to come in or come to another room. Old cottages back hundreds of years ago where whats called a Butt and Ben. Literally a two roomed cottage. Often in the Winter Months the family would live, cook and sleep in the one room and he Livestock would sleep in the other. But as often as not the kids would sneak though and sleep with the animals as it was warmer. :D Most of these old But and Ben's are all derelict now but some survive as Bothys. During the forced Highland Clearances the cottages where often burned don so the families could not return. The people all moved to the big cities and in turn a huge number left for the New World.

Interesting history actually. I always thought the "fanny packs" were quite gaaaay myself. The term shaggin is in our vernacular, brought to us by Austin Powers. Out here is west Texas I am sure we talk different than the north east, actually I know that for fact. I went to visit my brother in N.J. and i was told I talk funny since I have been in texas 25 years. He sounds like somebody off the TV show The Sopranos lol.

The good part about your Warwick Wright import barracuda vert is other than the RHD specific stuff which appears to be the same as a RHD valiant, everything else is the same as any other barracuda, and quite a bit is now repopped. I would imagine with your data tag, and log books, I imagine you may have enough for a repop vin from one of the places I mentioned. Still try to get ahold of the guy with the parts though since he has the dash with the original vin, and all the convertible specific bits like the windshield trim, and rear seat.

Interesting history actually. I always thought the "fanny packs" were quite gaaaay myself. The term shaggin is in our vernacular, brought to us by Austin Powers. Out here is west Texas I am sure we talk different than the north east, actually I know that for fact. I went to visit my brother in N.J. and i was told I talk funny since I have been in texas 25 years. He sounds like somebody off the TV show The Sopranos lol.

The good part about your Warwick Wright import barracuda vert is other than the RHD specific stuff which appears to be the same as a RHD valiant, everything else is the same as any other barracuda, and quite a bit is now repopped. I would imagine with your data tag, and log books, I imagine you may have enough for a repop vin from one of the places I mentioned. Still try to get ahold of the guy with the parts though since he has the dash with the original vin, and all the convertible specific bits like the windshield trim, and rear seat.

West Texas?? I'm in East Texas, Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas.

West Texas?? I'm in East Texas, Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas.

Just been reading about your town on Wiki. I love the history of places like that and hope to visit some day. As I work in the Oil Industry in Norway I would often head over to Houston for Training Courses. We where based in Spring and I loved walking around Old Town Spring and looking at all the old buildings. Its the same when we go on vacation to the Caribbean, the last two islands we explored where Guadeloupe and Martinique and visiting the old colonial buildings and Rum Distilleries fascinates me. Always wanted to take the family over and explore the state properly. Ive read the book The Son (now a TV series) 3 times, its such a good book and well worth a read.

Trigger Andy, if you can get to Fredericksburg Tx for a weekend, it's well worth the trip. Old german town. Admiral Chester Nimitz was from there. He was the head of the US pacific fleet during WW2. There is a huge museum dedicated to the pacific war with lots of artifacts, the actual japanese mini sub that ran aground on Hawaii. They even have a restored PT boat, and a couple of airplanes including a restored Nakajima B6N "Kate" torpedo bomber. They also have a japanese peace garden, with a replica of Admiral Togo's study. They also have wineries, beer gartens, great restaurants etc. Fredericksburg is loaded with bed and breakfast places so bring the wife. She would love the little shops on main street, the Christmas store is great too.

Trigger Andy, if you can get to Fredericksburg Tx for a weekend, it's well worth the trip. Old german town. Admiral Chester Nimitz was from there. He was the head of the US pacific fleet during WW2. There is a huge museum dedicated to the pacific war with lots of artifacts, the actual japanese mini sub that ran aground on Hawaii. They even have a restored PT boat, and a bunch of airplanes. They also have a japanese peace garden, with a replica of Admiral Togo's study. They also have wineries, beer gartens, great restaurants etc. Fredericksburg is loaded with bed and breakfast places so bring the wife. She would love the little shops on main street, the Christmas store is great too.

Sounds great! We where fortunate enough to have a trip around Pearl Harbour and tour of the USS Bowfin, was a humbling experiance and fascinating at the same time.

I had a cruise around Japan booked with my 16 year old this summer but obviously that was canceled. :( If she's not still obsessed with going there next summer I'll see if we can take the whole family to Texas.

You could spend a whole day at the main museum, and some time at the secondary museum where the PT boat and other artifacts are. The tour starts at the winding down of WW1 and events leading up to WW2. Admiral Togo studied with Admiral Nimitz at West Point. I believe the 2 were friends as well as classmates. Then had to face one another as enemies in WW2.

You could spend a whole day at the main museum, and some time at the secondary museum where the PT boat and other artifacts are. The tour starts at the winding down of WW1 and events leading up to WW2. Admiral Togo studied with Admiral Nimitz at West Point. I believe the 2 were friends as well as classmates. Then had to face one another as enemies in WW2.

Im sure that was kinda documented in the latest Pearl Harbour Movie?

Not sure if it was or not. My nephew was studying WW2 in high school, and I flew him out, we road tripped it in my mustang from Abilene. He was blown away by the amount of information on the subject.

Not sure if it was or not. My nephew was studying WW2 in high school, and I flew him out, we road tripped it in my mustang from Abilene. He was blown away by the amount of information on the subject.

Deffo a place I'll be heading to then, cheers. :)

My wife and I love that place. We try to do a weekend just the 2 of us at least 1 time a year if we can.

Bed n breakfasts you can rent. Check out Gastenhaus Schmidt for BnB listings. Your wife can pick from 100s of listings. In town, outside of town, with a hot tub, decorated all different ways etc. lots of small shops to go check out. Other fredericksburg history on the town. Wineries, beer brewers, Oktoberfest, wine tasting tours. Theres even a classic car museum and everything there has price tags and is for sale. One time they had an original LO23 Hemi dart for sale there.

Bed n breakfasts you can rent. Check out Gastenhaus Schmidt for BnB listings. Your wife can pick from 100s of listings. In town, outside of town, with a hot tub, decorated all different ways etc. lots of small shops to go check out. Other fredericksburg history on the town. Wineries, beer brewers, Oktoberfest, wine tasting tours. Theres even a classic car museum and everything there has price tags and is for sale. One time they had an original LO23 Hemi dart for sale there.

That does sound fun. Especially the booze. :D

So a little update regarding the missing parts. The previous owner till had almost everything except the engine, which he had scrapped and had a stroked 360 lined up to go in after the resto (that clearly never happened) He seems like a really nice guy, had a truck deliver me the parts for the cost of fuel only. 500 miles for $220, the driver even stacked everything in the garage for me!

All the parts are in the link below;

Adobe Acrobat

But one of the best parts to get was the Dash that still has the vin attached! Unfortunately I'm not home to have a dig through but looking forward to that.

Also took delivery of my AMD LHS and generic RHS quarter panels whilst Ive been away. So I really need to spend some time on the old girl some time soon.

barracuda vin.JPG

I am so glad I was able to find info on the car for you so you could hunt down the last owner and get all the parts back. This should make the restoration a lot easier for you having everything back with the car.

I am still scratching my head wondering why someone would dissassemble such a rare car to restore only to then say **** it, and want to junk it.

Did the old owner tell you why he took a rare car like that apart to restore, then said **** it, and junked it.

I am so glad I was able to find info on the car for you so you could hunt down the last owner and get all the parts back. This should make the restoration a lot easier for you having everything back with the car.

It sure will.:) Been a bit of a rollercoaster ride locating him, getting in contact, getting told to wait time and time again for various reasons then basically giving up hope for him to then contact me saying hes needing them gone tomorrow or they go in the trash.

He's wanting to keep in contact and he'd like updates on the resto, but he's point blank refusing to answer any questions as to why it got separated from its parts. Ah well, will remain a mystery for now. :D

Did the old owner tell you why he took a rare car like that apart to restore, then said **** it, and junked it.

Nope, and he's not answering any questions regarding that either for some reason. Very odd. He still has the stroked 360 sitting at his place of work to. Maybe get that cheap one day. :D

-
Back