Roller Rockers Geometry

-
I have had the hughes rockers very nice but the geometry wasnt that great either.

I said I was sorry 396 signet. Its been a long day guys.I am going to go see all tomorrow.:-D

You guys are funny.

Is the part number the same as the current ones? Sounds like Paul bought these rockers new from Mancini himself, not from a third party.

The part number on the box is FZZ-014.

The rockers have a letter "H" on them.

To be honest with everyone I really don't know what to think about it at the moment. I have never seen Comp cam rockers personally old style or new. I'm ok if they are the old style but not ok if they aren't Comp cam rockers at all. If someone has a picture of the old style and says that "yes those are Comp cam rockers" that would be great. I surely don't like making people mad but don't like to be taking advantage of either.

DSC02100.jpg

DSC02102.jpg

comp cams 1420 scroll down the page I will get the mancini cataloge from work tomorrow.
Comp Cams' Magnum Roller Rocker Arms
Comp Cams' Magnum Roller Rocker Arms
street performance roller rocker, excellent upgrade from stock
COMP Cams, Inc.® • 3406 Democrat Road • Memphis • TN • 38118 • US 1-800-999-0853
Click Here For Printer Friendly Version Click Here For Printer Friendly Version Click Here For Printer Friendly Version

Magnum Roller Rocker Arms™ (U.S. Patent No. 4,961,407)
COMP Cams® Magnum Roller Rockers™ are the ultimate street rocker. That’s because they were designed with the serious performance enthusiast in mind. They will help your engine make more power and last longer. Magnum Roller Rocker Arms™ are:

STRONG
Magnum Roller Rocker Arms™ are made from 8620 chromemoly steel. This makes them stronger than die cast aluminum or stamped steel rockers. This superior material, along with the Magnum’s super stiff design, assures maximum lift because this rocker arm will not flex.

ACCURATE
You can’t get maximum horsepower from your engine if your rocker ratio is off. We checked other rockers and found rockers that were as much as .040” short on lift. The Magnum Rockers™ are super Accurate. They check dead on every time.

POWERFUL
The Magnum Roller Rockers™ can make between 15 and 30 horsepower over other rockers! Why? The secret is that not only does the roller tip reduce friction, the Magnum Rockers™ incredibly stiff design and super accurate ratios yield more effective valve lift.

DURABLE
The roller tip design reduces friction by not scrubbing the valve end or pushing the valve stem hard against the valve guide. This in conjunction with super strong design of the rocker makes for a simple, bulletproof, and cost effective combination.

Magnum Roller Rockers™ can be used with all High Energy™, Magnum, Xtreme Energy™, Nitrous HP™, Xtreme 4X4™ and Xtreme Marine™ Camshafts as well as any other hydraulic or solid cam WHERE OPEN SPRING PRESSURES DO NOT EXCEED 350 lbs.
Part # Application Rocker Stud Ratio
1416-16B American Motors V8 3/8" 1.6
*1412-16 Chevy V8 265-400 3/8" 1.52
*1412-12 Chevy V6 200-262 3/8" 1.52
*1413-12 Chevy V6 60° 173 10mm 1.52
1414-12 Chevy V6 60° 173 10mm 1.6
*1416-16C Chevy V8 265-400 3/8" 1.6
*1416-12 Chevy V6 200-262 3/8" 1.6
*1411-16A Chevy V8 396-454 7/16" 1.72
1417-16H Chevy V8 265-400 3/8" 1.52
1418-16H Chevy V8 265-400 3/8" 1.6
1420-16 Chrysler V8 273-360
(shafts included) Shaft 1.5
1411-16B Ford Boss 302, 351C-400M 7/16" 1.72
1431-16E Ford V8 289-351W
(Rail Type) 1968-89 3/8" 1.6
1450-16E Ford V8 289-351W
(Rail Type) 1968-89 3/8" 1.7
1442-16F Ford V8 289-351W
(Non Rail) 1961-67 3/8" 1.6
1411-16B Ford V8 429-460 7/16" 1.72
1442-16G Oldsmobile V8 260-455 3/8" 1.6
1451-16 Pontiac V8 265-455 7/16" 1.52
1452-16 Pontiac V8 265-455 7/16" 1.65
1079-2 Shafts for 1420 rockers N/A N/A

Magnum Roller Rocker Arms
Call 1-800-999-0853 For Sales
Characteristics
# 15 to 30 horsepower direct bolt on over stock rockers
# Precision ground Roller tip to reduce friction and Valve Guide/Valve Tip Wear
# High strength investment cast 8650 chromemoly body
# Pressed and Swedged axle for Long Life
# COMP Cams® Magnum Rockers™ are identifiable by the logo directly cast on the body itself, insist on the best and accept no imitations
# Long slot for high lift cams
# Super accurate ratio directly cast into the body
# Applications include street performance and excellent upgrade from stock
More Information
# Rockin' and Rollin' Rockers - Popular Hot Rodding

Chart Footnotes:
A. Use stud 4514-16 to replace late model pedestal
B. Must have screw in studs and guide plates
C. May require machine work to the cylinder head
E. For 78-Present use with 4504-16 studs. Not for use with guide plates.
F. Also can be used on heads with guide plates.
G. Other parts required see page 291
H. For use on 1987-later self aligning.

Note: Rockers available as singles, half-sets and full sets.

*50-state legal for 1993 and older GM vehicles equipped with 200 c.i.d. (4.2L) to 454 c.i.d. (7.4L) gasoline engines. C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-279-4.

more info, look at note on bottom

Chrysler Shaft Rockers
The ultimate rocker for your street driven Chrysler
small or big block is investment cast out of SAE 8620
chromemoly steel for the strength you demand. The
rocker bodies are heat treated to obtain maximum
strength and stiffness. The roller tip helps to ensure
even valve guide wear, and our unique oiling system oils
all of the critical points for long lasting service. These
rocker arms are available as an engineered system or
as individual components. The engineered system
includes the shafts and spacers. All you have to do is
bolt them on. Instant power! No machining! Our 1321
big block rocker arms even include a special adjuster
which allows the use of conventional ball-ended
pushrods. You won't find a better rocker arm for your
Chrysler…anywhere!
Ford FE Shaft Rockers
Made from 7000 Series aluminum, these 1.200" wide
rocker bodies are recommended for engines using roller
camshafts. This shaft system is equipped with special
end stands for valve train stability at high RPM, and
therefore virtually eliminates shaft failure. This system
also features top and bottom oil holes for added
rocker lubrication.
Part #1321
Part # Description
1046HD-Kit
Ford Shaft Mounted Rockers For Ford 352, 360,
390, 428 & 428 Cobra Jet Low Riser Cylinder Head
1408-4
End support head bolts for use when head studs
are not used
Note: Needs 1408-4 end support head bolts for use when head studs
are not used
Part # Description Ratio
1420-16
Chrysler V8 273-360
(Spacers & Shafts included) Shaft 1.5
1079-2 Replacement shafts for 1420 (pair)
1420-1 Replacement rocker arm 1.5
CR40 Replacement spacer (1 each-requires 8)
1405-1 Replacement adjusting nut & screw for 1420
1321-16
Chrysler V8 B/RB 383-400 (Complete Kit)
Bolts, Shafts & Spacers included Shaft 1.5
1321L-1 Replacement rocker arm - left — 1.5
1321R-1 Replacement rocker arm - right — 1.5
1077-2 Replacement shafts for 1321 (pair) — —
1321H Bolts and dividers for 1321-16
1321N Replacement Nut for 1321 adjuster
1321S Replacement Adjusting screw for 1321
Note: 1420 rocker arm uses cup style pushrod. 1321 rocker arm uses ball end pushrod.

OK, I'm drinking a beer now & have calmed down. Seeing those pics makes me even more skeptical. Just call the CC tech line & confirm on Monday. Send em your pics. They are the ultimate authority on their own rocker arms, heck they might even know more about them than me!:-D Hopefully all's OK, of it doesn't work out, I'd go with the ductile iron setup, they don't cost near as much & are darn near indestructible.

Mully in your pics it looks like the rocker starts in the center or towards the exhaust side of the stem and rolls almost to the edge which isn't good but I see you said it starts on the intake side and moves to the exhaust side which is correct. Maybe it's just a issue of the angle the pic was taken making it look to us like it's bad.

I said this in my pm to you but I'll say it here. I had a old style set of Comp Cams rockers and they looked exactly like yours. Didn't say Comp or CC on them anywhere but they were in a Comp box with the correct part #. I allways wondered if they were really Comp parts but after seeing yours that look exactly the same I guess they were and yours probably are.

Your geometry looks a lot like mine does and mine run nice and quiet. I buzzed my engine up real high on the test drive and they are still nice and quiet. You just need to make sure the center of the roller stays away from the edge of the valve stem. It looks like it does from what I can see. Just make sure there is no lash in the lifter when you check it.

Hopefully you'll get a nice scrub pattern when you check it with the magic marker. When I checked mine I used a check spring and held the roller tip so it didn't roll. That way it would wipe away where it contacted.

Here is cylinder 8 exhaust valve. First pic on base of cam and the second pic full lift. Different angle more light.

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02105.jpg

The target is to try to get the wear pattern in the mid of the stem. If the pattern is on the intake side of center you raise the shaft.If the wear pattern is on the ex side of center you lower the shaft (which us mopar guys cant do) so we use a lash cap.Geometry is important but more with a big bump stick.Sometimes you have to get the best you can and leave it.Take pic with the wear pattern.Also the factory never ck this even on the HEMI.The roller is more forgiving because it rolls not rubbing the stem.
Paul
PS I am SORRY for last night .I just felt like I was under attack.IT was a long day and I needed my malted hops and my vitaman F.:-D

Now that the in-fighting has subsided.....

The geometry looks similar to what I had with my Crane rollers.
SANY0003-vi.jpg

SANY0009-vi.jpg

You either need to shim the rockers up (and have pushrods made...), or just bolt in a set of stock lifters and pushrods and go enjoy the car.

SANY0060-vi.jpg

Goodmorning gents1 Lot's of good info here. I'm glad I started reading. Does anyone know if Mopar ductiles are a direct replacement for the HP273 rockers or should they be replaced as a set. toolman

I want to get to the bottom of this and find out the deal as it has been recommended. Comp Cam Tech hours today is 9:00-4:00 CST so I am going to contact them and give them every possible info, part number on the box and pictures of the rockers if the guy will work with me. Fishy has said he bought Comp rockers and they looked just like mine so I believe they are the older style. He also mentioned that they did not have "CC"on them like mine. I don't mind the older style because I already have the correct pushrods IF I can get the geometry correct which I haven't got that far yet.

The China made type that Paul posted yesterday is priced in the same price range that I paid for these. Now if they are not Comp rockers then I got what I paid for .... if they are really Comp rockers then I got a deal. I'm not trying to put Paul's head on chopping block..... I just want to know what I am fixing to run on my motor. Maybe I'll find out something out today.

FASTBACK340

I tried running the non adjustable stock type rockers but had very little success with them. I had the push rods go slap through the rocker TWICE! I checked to see if I had the proper length push rods and it was confirmed that I did. I would buy a rocker and compare it to the damaged one and the quality looked the same so I was afraid of them. This happened on the low performance 273 with hydraulic cam. So on my 360 I didn't want that problem and wanted the extra horsepower that roller rockers produce. In which I find it hard to believe but on Comp Cam page it says 15 to 30 extra HP.

I'd like to see the differences on a dyno. toolman probably compared to Chevy rockers

I am learning so much here as I am no engine guy by any means.

I am one of those guys who hope a buddy can help me or I have to walk out of the machine shop with a large bill and an asspon in my skivvies to hold my sphincter in.

I am learning so much here as I am no engine guy by any means.

I am one of those guys who hope a buddy can help me or I have to walk out of the machine shop with a large bill and an asspon in my skivvies to hold my sphincter in.

LOL!

I like doing things myself and learn at the same time. I'm 38 years old and maybe the things I learn now about building a healthy, strong quality motor might pay off one day.... when I build the stroked 440.

-
Back