Schumacher /6 to V8 Conversion Kit Group buy!

-
Holy crap, where has this thread been all my life?

Count me in for one set of spool-style mounts for /6 to BB.

These mount prices will make the header price a little more tolerable.

Let me know where/when to send my hundred bongos.

Rif

I believe just 1 more! come on... Anyone want to buy two? :)

Once we hit 11, I will post my address for Money orders to be sent too.
The sooner the money order gets to me the sooner the product will be in your hands.
I'm sure I'll have to set a dead line in case there is any late comers. We need 11+

Thanks!

Yes! That should be 11!!

Please send Money order to:

Dave Merrifield
N40W6368 Jackson St
Cedarburg, WI 53012

I will have to wait out the week, af anyone else wants to join in thats will be fine. Just try to get the money to me buy... Maybe I should just say Monday the 31st. Sometimes mail is slow, and I will place the order on the 31st. If it's a problem for anyone PLEASE let me know.
Shipping $15.00 Torque Straps $12.00 Canada orders $45.00 for shipping. Sorry.. International shipping rates suck.

Thanks!

mrtires24 ? $45.00 Shipping
SpeedThrills- /6 to small block, 73-up style $100.00 + $15.00 Shipping
Myasylum- /6 to 360 73 up. $100.00+ $15.00
1MeanA- SB to BB conversion kit + Torque strap $100.00 + 45.00 + Shipping for Torque Strap
440WIP- two sets of 1970 type /6 to 340 $200.00 + 90.00 Shipping
DusTed74- /6 to BB 73+ $100.00 + 15.00 Shipping
FISHBREATH- SM to BB conversion $100.00 + $15.00
xmerlinx- /6 To BB kit $100.00 + $15.00 Shipping
Dusteriffic- spool-style mounts for /6 to BB $100.00 + $15.00 Shipping
74scamp360- /6 to 360 $100.00 + $45.00 Shipping.

With 440WIP's 2 kits that's 11! AWSOME!

If I missed anyone, or wrote down anything incorrectly, PLEASE let me know!
I did write Mr. Schumacher about headers, he did not reply. It is possible he is out for the weekends.
As Duster47 mentioned to me I'd be paying shipping twice to have them ship the parts to me, and then I'd ship them to you. So I am hoping that Mr. Schumacher will ship directly from his warehouse.
He sent me a box of catalogs, so that is why I wondered if he expected me to ship the catalogs with your orders, or why else should have sent them to me?
So there is a few details to touch up, but I REALLY hope to hear from him tomorrow!

If anyone thinks they are backing out, PLEASE let me know. I'm keeping this buy open for awhile for others just in case we somehow fall short.

A big Thanks to one and all!

My understanding is that the 64-66 A body "K" member is the same for /6 or V-8 -- so -- if I have a set of V-8 motormounts and brackets -- what does the Schumacher system do for me?

You are correct that the early A K frame is the same for both slant 6 and 273 and if you already have the correct V8 motor mounts you will be good to go to use a 273 or 318. Let's say you have a slant and want to upgrade to the 273/318 in your early A and can't find the V8 mounts, then the Schumacher mounts are for you. Now if you're upgrading to a 340/360 the mounting ears are spaced differently on those engines versus the 273/318 and he has those mounts as well for the early. Even has B/RB mounts for the early A. I've bought 2 sets of the 340/360 conversion mounts for the early A from him while at the Nationals at regular prices. They are definitely first class. This group buy is the way to go to save quite a bit of money, especially if you're even considering a swap. Even if you decide later not to do a swap, I believe you'll get more than what you paid for them at the group rate.

If a money order is required and $45 for shipping I'm out. A money order will take at least 30 days to clear on your end.

1MeanA - I'm not real sure what you mean?? Just send a money order for $145.00 and that's it. It can just be deposited or cashed like any other check.
I've had them before, for E-bay or what have you, and I cash them the day I get them. I've never had to wait for them to clear or anything... ?

Just get a money order from the post office. Not Western Union. Maybe that's what you thinking???

DAMN! I want in on this for my 68 /6 to 318, but won't have the cash till October at the earliest :( GRRR!!!!!!!

j

PaayPal is the easiest and quickest way to recieve payment!You,ll spent alot of wasted time waiting for cheques to clear,even certified cheques.Just some advise to help other members get their parts quickly.Add a few extra $$ for paypal fees?I had just bought some in May,was $50 to ship to Toronto Canada.

Standby? What you waiting for??

Just talked to them.

O.k. Just send me a money order, I will collect them so then I can keep track of who's paid or who hasn't, or how many people we still need to get on board.

PayPal is fine, but make sure you add the extra fee that they charge. It a certain percent, I'm not sure what? I guess it's just me, I don't like giving extra money where I don't have to, but If you are comfortable with that, that is fine. I just looked as far as what I understand it will be an extra 2.9%
You can pay me at Pay Pal: [email protected]

When I send in the order, THEY WILL send direct from there warehouse.

On headers... The best they can do is a 10% discount on 10 or more.

All right the race is on! Is everyone on board?
Spread the word, it wouldn't hurt to sell a few more... if you don't have the money, ask mom! :)

mrtires24, your inbox if full. Let me know if your on board! Thanks!

Disregard my PM. I'll send a money order In the morning. -$115.00- (I was only on standby because of the money order/ pay pal questions that were coming up.)
Thanks, Asylum!

Just to be clear; the money order should be made out to Schumacher, not you, Asylum? (Probably obvious, just wanna be sure.)

You know thinking about it it doesn't matter. I'll be giving him my money too
and people are paying Pay Pal, so I'll still have to send him a big check from everyone. Either way, I'm sure will work.

You know thinking about it it doesn't matter. I'll be giving him my money too
and people are paying Pay Pal, so I'll still have to send him a big check from everyone. Either way, I'm sure will work.

Thanks, I'll be mailing it later today.

I just noticed that Schumacher's website says to spcify whether you're going to 273-318, or 340-360. Mine's a 360, I mentioned that in the note I'm sending with my money order. Leaving for the post office now!.....

Don't worry. I think when I get all the money I will go threw everything with everyone again to make sure I have the right people/orders.
I noticed with PayPal too, when ordering it gives their real name, so then I don't know who they are. So I'll be asking again when the orders are through.
I have 4 of them already.

Does anyone know who Mrtires24 is? His PM box is full! Can someone get a hold of him so we can get his order? Thanks!

Thanks, Dave, you have a great idea there. I will be sending you a cashier's check for $115 when I get to the bank on Thursday or Friday of this week. It will be for a 318 to 440 swap. Great idea!

Mike Reed, aka Gen2cudas down for /6 to 318 conversion. Me, I have my eye on the PolyLock type motor mounts anyway, so no torque strap.

Will get ya a money order in the mail this week.

Thanks Dude!

PM coming.

Mike

Yes! That should be 11!!

Please send Money order to:

Dave Merrifield
N40W6368 Jackson St
Cedarburg, WI 53012

I will have to wait out the week, af anyone else wants to join in thats will be fine. Just try to get the money to me buy... Maybe I should just say Monday the 31st. Sometimes mail is slow, and I will place the order on the 31st. If it's a problem for anyone PLEASE let me know.
Shipping $15.00 Torque Straps $12.00 Canada orders $45.00 for shipping. Sorry.. International shipping rates suck.

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

You may want to start a new count on who has payed you. I was one of the first people to reply to this, I have been away from the computer, so sory that I didn't reply to your PM. I said "I would be interested" because I have used these mounts and would like a set handy for when I do my next build, but I really won't be saving much of anything with this deal because of the costs of shipping to canada. I live just north of Seattle, so I can always pick one up from them locally. The price I would be getting through you would only save me $20, and I don't have an emediate use for them.

Sorry but count me out...I wouldn't do the money order thing anyways, they have been nothing but trouble in my experience. I recomend you do paypal.

by the looks of it you shouldn't have any trouble filling my spot.

Thanks, and sorry if there was any confusion

$45 seams steap considering I got a Big block bell housing shipped from east USA to me at the west end of canada for $60

Phil

Sorry, that's not my rates that what they told me to charge. Actually they said $48.00. They are the ones shipping it to you, not me.

It's that international fee that's a bit*h. For all US customers it's $15.00.
Sorry but there is nothing I can do, but talk to them and give them an exact address and see it it would be cheaper if your location is cheaper.

I think they found $48.00 as a average, so that is what they decided to charge. Just like charging $15.00 for US customers. It's just a average and make's it easier for them giving a flat shipping fee rather then doing each customer individually. Especially for a group purchase.

-
Back