Seeking Race Car Builder / Driver for Sponsorship Opportunity

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Every year I try to sponsor some car shows and last year I sponsored a Young Gun, our own HamesDart, in his bid to make the show at Pinks All Out. It was a wonderful experience!

Although we're continuing our relationship into 2010 with some more stuff HamesDart wants to get done, I'm interested in adding another race car builder / driver to my 2010 lineup as well.

Yeah, I could just randomly pick somebody from the Young Guns contest entrants but that may leave out a worthy candidate. If you have a Mopar race car that could use some dressing up and might be interested in running my shop decals, I'd like to hear from you. Tell me about your car, your plans for it, where you predominantly race it, and outline briefly what I can do to help you achieve your "pretty car" goal. I'm kinda leaning toward someone on the east coast this time (HamesDart is in Cali) but am open to all applicants!!! Please feel free to respond to this post or send me an email at [email protected] with "Sponsorship" in the title. Unlike the random-drawing style of my Young Guns contest, this IS going to be based on merit.

There's no deadline or anything but race season is fast approaching.

Well I race predominantly in the southeast. From Alabama to Georgia, to South Carolina and of course all over Florida. If any car needs prettying up it's mine. lol

Seriously though I'm a bracket racer, grassroots style that does hit the big money foot brake races. And I'm going to Pinks all out this weekend in West Palm Beach FL. I'm not rich but I'm not broke either so every little bit helps.

Yes the car will be painted later this month in case you were worried.

The car doesn't necessarily have to be an A Body Mopar and you don't have to be in the young gun age bracket for consideration.

Thanks for responding guys!

hello i run a 67 notch cuda smallbock street car 360 w2 heads 727 trans 8 3/4 rear. last year and the year before the car ran 13.00's with stock x heads hoping for high 11 this year. i doont race every weekend due to the 3 hour drive from eastern long island to englishtown nj but usualy atten 8-10 events starting with the mopars at e town in late may. last year i raced in pro and went rounds untill i had to race my uncle frank deveglio in the semi finals and he whooped me and went on to win the event. the year before that at the mopars event i won my class wich was a dot tire class. the car is dead consistant hopefully this year will be much faster. also ill be stepping into my grandfathers big block dodge 330 for much of the second half of the season and next year. im 21 work full time and spend all of what little money i have on my car(s).
IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

Etown08-20140.jpg

21567_229002089486_564649486_286679.jpg

16237_210167889486_564649486_277648.jpg

pops 64 dodge
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRrQ-a9FJ4[youtube]
pops motor 500 incher
n564649486_1361340_4002773.jpg

Every year I try to sponsor some car shows and last year I sponsored a Young Gun, our own HamesDart, in his bid to make the show at Pinks All Out. It was a wonderful experience!

BTW I made sure to mention to Fred's Tire Man in Oakview/Ojai about HamesDart's tire sponsorship.

i think the question is "what can i do for you?" i plan on doing some heads-up 10.5" racing this season, plus a few car shows. i would be willing to hand out any of your bussiness cards, flyers, brochures pamplets etc. at any race or show or what ever you need me to do for you. all this for tow/gas money and entry fees. you can find pics of the hotrod on this site and bigblockdart.

Well I race predominantly in the southeast. From Alabama to Georgia, to South Carolina and of course all over Florida. If any car needs prettying up it's mine. lol

Seriously though I'm a bracket racer, grassroots style that does hit the big money foot brake races. And I'm going to Pinks all out this weekend in West Palm Beach FL. I'm not rich but I'm not broke either so every little bit helps.

Yes the car will be painted later this month in case you were worried.

dont mean to go off topic, but damn GJ i cant wait to see her in color! make sure you post pics when its done!!!

and cudachick, my car is nothing special and as you may or may not know hasnt even hit the road yet...however, i plan on carwhoring it to every show and cruise possible and would like to hit the strip a few times at the very least...also, pinks minus speed (armdrop live) is coming to toronto at the end of july and im more than likely gonna enter the car just for the experience...i dont need anyting powdercoated, but once the time comes if im entering for sure maybe ill message you for some stickers just to fly the PSC flag for ya!8)

Woop Woop thats rite, I never would have though that in a million years I would get into a big race like pinks and on top of that get sponsors!!!!
During the very very quick build process before the race when phoenixspecialtycoatings approched me with an offer to help with the car.
A arm stretched out to a young car builder in need was greatly used and my car now looks far better then I ever would have expected and ended up with a great friend and supporter for life. The service and help and overall work was so amazing im now looking for anything metal I have to send out for powdercoating haha!.

By the way autoxcuda what did your post mean?
"BTW I made sure to mention to Fred's Tire Man in Oakview/Ojai about HamesDart's tire sponsorship."

How do you do it all Leanna??? You seem to come through on so many fronts for the folks here, and I'm sure elsewhere too!!! I bow to your many triumphant endeavors and hereby nominate you for Mopar chick of the year!!! Thanks for helping the Young Guns, your many customers, and everybody here on FABO. You are one class act!!! Geof

i think the question is "what can i do for you?" i plan on doing some heads-up 10.5" racing this season, plus a few car shows. i would be willing to hand out any of your bussiness cards, flyers, brochures pamplets etc. at any race or show or what ever you need me to do for you. all this for tow/gas money and entry fees. you can find pics of the hotrod on this site and bigblockdart.

bOb, unfortunately I'm not in any position to donate money to anyone. What I can do is some powder coating on your race car -- your choice on colors -- in exchange for running my shop decals on your car. If the chosen one is interested in passing out flyers and/or business cards at the events attended, that would be terrific too.

I'm a member of BBD too but there's one moderator over there who totally turned me off in my welcome thread so I've never been back; as a result of his kind treatment [yeah that's sarcastic], I don't offer any discounts to BBD members like I do for the FABO crowd. He ruined it for his entire membership.

...i dont need anyting powdercoated, but once the time comes if im entering for sure maybe ill message you for some stickers just to fly the PSC flag for ya!8)

Thanks mshred!!! You're awesome! I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming debut.

Woop Woop thats rite, I never would have though that in a million years I would get into a big race like pinks and on top of that get sponsors!!!!
During the very very quick build process before the race when phoenixspecialtycoatings approched me with an offer to help with the car.
A arm stretched out to a young car builder in need was greatly used and my car now looks far better then I ever would have expected and ended up with a great friend and supporter for life. The service and help and overall work was so amazing im now looking for anything metal I have to send out for powdercoating haha!.

By the way autoxcuda what did your post mean?
"BTW I made sure to mention to Fred's Tire Man in Oakview/Ojai about HamesDart's tire sponsorship."

Corbin, thanks so much for this terrific write up! I was hoping you'd jump in here and let the guys know what they might expect. I was also hoping you wouldn't get offended or think I was abandoning you LOL ... as we've discussed over the last few months, I'm still on board for you whenever you're ready for the next step. I appreciate all the exposure you've given to PSC this last year and look forward to much more as you succeed in your endeavors.

Everyone, HamesDart has his own section on my website so check it out when you get a chance ... it's in the Sponsored Drivers / Sponsored Events section on the home page. If another driver is selected from all the "applications" I'm receiving both here in this thread and privately, that driver will receive the same sort of website exposure as Corbin as a little extra show of thanks for helping me get the word out about my shop.

How do you do it all Leanna??? You seem to come through on so many fronts for the folks here, and I'm sure elsewhere too!!! I bow to your many triumphant endeavors and hereby nominate you for Mopar chick of the year!!! Thanks for helping the Young Guns, your many customers, and everybody here on FABO. You are one class act!!! Geof

Mopar Chick of the Year!?!?! Wooooooot woooooottt!!! I appreciate the recognition Geof, but you should know I do all this because I want to, because I love ya'll so much, and because the members of this site try their best to keep me busy which I appreciate beyond words. You guys might not know it, but 9 out of 10 of my jobs come from a FABO member ... without all of your support, I wouldn't be doing what I love every day and would instead be sitting behind a desk working for some lawyer sixty miles away from home.

By the way Geof, are you and Nella ever going to use those Gift Certificates I sent you? :-D I'd love to work some magic on your rides too.

I guess I dont have a shot.LOL

Of course you do Jesse!!! Billy even gave me some $hit because "all you ever sponsor is Mopars" ... so tell me why it should be your Mustang.

BTW I made sure to mention to Fred's Tire Man in Oakview/Ojai about HamesDart's tire sponsorship.

Thanks Steve!!! (Corbin, autox lives out there by you and is familiar with Fred's Tire Man too. I asked him to thank him awhile back in another thread.)

Keep them coming!!! I wasn't expecting such an overwhelming response but it's awesome and gives me lots of inspiration. Heck, I might even pick more than one, who knows??

I'm a member of BBD too but there's one moderator over there who totally turned me off in my welcome thread so I've never been back; as a result of his kind treatment [yeah that's sarcastic], I don't offer any discounts to BBD members like I do for the FABO crowd. He ruined it for his entire membership.quote]

Leanna, Your communication on the web is superb and you should not let "one" mod on a forum discourage you. I have been there too and I'm still plugging along :bootysha:. Don't shut off any avenues and expand your business!!

oooooh ok now I get the tire man thing haha,.
anyway, Yah guys/gals!!! cmon! Its not everyday any vendor/company large or small that up and offers.... the grassroots racers like us all an oppertunity of a relationship of a sponsor. Large or small its great, I got simple things as far as lug nuts and tire changes and even that was great!!! I even got pictures in the shops that helped! (still need to send yah one leanna)
Good luck guys

oh I know this chic that can drive a mean pro mod, anywhere near 1500 HP and she is a happy camper.

Leanna, Your communication on the web is superb and you should not let "one" mod on a forum discourage you. I have been there too and I'm still plugging along :bootysha:. Don't shut off any avenues and expand your business!!

Cheryl, I just now tried to find my BBD welcome thread so you could see what this a-hole did after sixty-some people welcomed me with open arms ... but it's gone. Profile shows I have 10 posts, but if I click on the post summary it shows there are none. Hmmmmmmmmmm ...

Anyway, his comments were so badly received I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle. The best A Body people are on FABO, and if they happen to be on BBD too then they know where to find me. LOL I'm much more at home here anyhow.

oh I know this chic that can drive a mean pro mod, anywhere near 1500 HP and she is a happy camper.

Hey Randy, I think you told me about her before. If it's the same one, I'm not really interested -- she'd rub my decals off on the wall or something. LOL

oooooh ok now I get the tire man thing haha,.
anyway, Yah guys/gals!!! cmon! Its not everyday any vendor/company large or small that up and offers.... the grassroots racers like us all an oppertunity of a relationship of a sponsor. Large or small its great, I got simple things as far as lug nuts and tire changes and even that was great!!! I even got pictures in the shops that helped! (still need to send yah one leanna)
Good luck guys

Fred's Tire Man (Fred Watcher) in Oakview is a customer of mine. I see the guys up there every few weeks. Ernie at the muffler shop at Tico Rd. in Ojai is another customer of mine up there.

I'm in Simi Valley.

Cudachick,great post.
What a lot of racers don't know or want to put the time into getting sponsors is that there are people out there that want to sponsor them.

Be positive,knock on a lot of doors,be open to all people when they are at the track.

Being positive made this happen.
IMGP0858.jpg

IMGP0862.jpg

I wish I had a race car.. I will soon hopefully! I found one! But it'll be a while before it is done. *sigh*

cudachick, that hurt my feelings. you won't be DONATING money to me, i will be WORKING for you at each race or show i attend.

bOb, I'm sorry about my choice of words. I wear all the hats and pretty much do everything myself because I can't pay anybody to work for me either. LOL

I'm simply trying to advertise my talents on something I love -- race cars -- in a way I can afford ........ because I don't want it to always be that way. :-D

well look at it this way, all the moneys are a write off on your profits at income tax time as a sponsorship anyway. think of the big picture. i'm right here on the east coast in the heart of dragracing country like you want. ok sans the tow money, i'll get there. you go for entry fees and send me as many boxes of decals and other hand outs as you want. everyone in the pit area comes and checks my hotrod out so there won't be any shortage of potential customers for you, only a shortage of hand outs for me.

I may be out of place here but im gonna give my imput on what I belive she is looking for, This isnt edelbrock... paying for motors,race fees,gas and entry haha,Its a small family company trying to work with the "little guy" like me and everyone here, If you want some great powdercoating work down on your car in trade for running some decals on your car that will be hitting the races and shows then tell her your story and shes gonna see who is best fit/deserving for a sponsorship.
Hope im not out of place by stepping in here but seems funny that I have to help convince people to enjoy a sponsorship that otherwise wouldnt be offered anywere else. Try giving someone a call, comp cams,eledbrock,holley for sponsorships and hold your breath for them to not call you back.
Best of luck guys!!!

I may be out of place here but im gonna give my imput on what I belive she is looking for, This isnt edelbrock... paying for motors,race fees,gas and entry haha,Its a small family company trying to work with the "little guy" like me and everyone here, If you want some great powdercoating work down on your car in trade for running some decals on your car that will be hitting the races and shows then tell her your story and shes gonna see who is best fit/deserving for a sponsorship.
Hope im not out of place by stepping in here but seems funny that I have to help convince people to enjoy a sponsorship that otherwise wouldnt be offered anywere else. Try giving someone a call, comp cams,eledbrock,holley for sponsorships and hold your breath for them to not call you back.
Best of luck guys!!!
I have to X2 ON this one..I wish my duster was closer to being done.you guys know that powder coting can run in to BIG money.I know someone will be A lucky person......Artie

-
Back