Selling parts and lack of manners.

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
O.K I have a beef. If a buyer is interested,and takes a day to pull the trigger,why on earth do guys feel the need to sell the part while your perhaps discussing this with your old lady,or scratching your whatever? Whatever happened to common courtesy,and telling the buyer you have another interested party,so sh#t or get off the toilet ? Honestly it's just plain arrogant to not give a sh*t...

So, if you are at a swap meet and you tell a seller you need to think it over before you buy you'd expect him to hold the part for you?

The other side of that beef is people wanting it and never letting the owner know that they aren't taking it.

This. First with the cash gets the part. If I dont know I have the money then I dont ask about the part generally. If I do I tell the seller straight out, Dont hold it of someone else has the cash.

I have always stated dont call me or i wont call you unless i have cash in hand i am taking the part or you are taking the part. Its first come first serve with me cash and carry.

(Whatever happened to common courtesy,and telling the buyer you have another interested party,so sh#t or get off the toilet ?) Your not a buyer till the money has been paid, to me your just tire kicking.

I think it's a communication problem. If you want to buy something just say it. I want to buy this item, then work out the terms, additional pictures, shipping and payment promptly like in the next twenty four hours. To me that is reasonable. If it falls apart so be it, then move on to the next buyer in line.

To me saying I'm interested is like window shopping. If I have two people and one is interested and one wants to buy, guess what? I'm going to sell it to someone that wants to buy it. :D

I think that's fair as a buyer or a seller.

I won't pull the trigger till I get a postage rate. I'm trying to buy a part right now that the seller wants almost twice the cost of a large flat rate USPS box? Postage can turn a good deal bad!
But if I am the first to reply to a sale ad I do expect first right of refusal. That said, I'm on here checking every day so I won't leave a seller hanging. I usually wait for a postage quote, if it is fair, I jump.

I won't pull the trigger till I get a postage rate. I'm trying to buy a part right now that the seller wants almost twice the cost of a large flat rate USPS box? Postage can turn a good deal bad!
But if I am the first to reply to a sale ad I do expect first right of refusal. That said, I'm on here checking every day so I won't leave a seller hanging. I usually wait for a postage quote, if it is fair, I jump.

That is fair when the postage isn't known. Personally I always tell them I will take it if the shipping isn't a deal killer.
Having to wait until seeing if it is OK with the wife isn't a sale but just another tire kicker in my book. Maybe that comes from my many years in business.

10-4
that is fair when the postage isn't known. Personally i always tell them i will take it if the shipping isn't a deal killer.
Having to wait until seeing if it is ok with the wife isn't a sale but just another tire kicker in my book. Maybe that comes from my many years in business.

CASH is and always will be king , In all fairness to everyone , the listing stops when the buck drops

My take is that the first guy who emails me gets first dibs. I'll give him a day or so to ask questions and make up his mind. Otherwise it goes to the second person who showed interest. If you're standing in line to buy a candy bar and it happens to be the last one but the guy behind you in line throws his money up on the counter first and he gets it, how fair is that? I've got burned too many times on here to the point that I'm DONE buying parts off this forum. People don't take accurate pictures, don't tell you accurate information, sell you a busted part and blame you, it's irritating as can be. As a buyer, I need some info and better pictures before I buy what you're selling. I think that's common courtesy. Otherwise if you want to sucker some other guy into buying your part without getting any info, be my guest. But I'm not gonna get burned anymore. Rant over. I'm with the OP on this one 100%!

My take is that the first guy who emails me gets first dibs. I'll give him a day or so to ask questions and make up his mind. Otherwise it goes to the second person who showed interest. If you're standing in line to buy a candy bar and it happens to be the last one but the guy behind you in line throws his money up on the counter first and he gets it, how fair is that? I've got burned too many times on here to the point that I'm DONE buying parts off this forum. People don't take accurate pictures, don't tell you accurate information, sell you a busted part and blame you, it's irritating as can be. As a buyer, I need some info and better pictures before I buy what you're selling. I think that's common courtesy. Otherwise if you want to sucker some other guy into buying your part without getting any info, be my guest. But I'm not gonna get burned anymore. Rant over. I'm with the OP on this one 100%!

THIS. I mean first in line is first in line....sellers are making excuses to skip courtesy .

First to put cash in my hand is the buyer. What happens when the guy waits a day for your wife to say no and loses a potential sale to someone else. I say if you need your wife's permission Get it before you contact the seller.

If I have good pics of a part I'm selling with a good discription, and the first guy wants more information pics and will let me know in a day it might be too late if the second guy says I'll take it! I've been burned more than a few times waiting for the first guy to make a move. I've lost out on nice parts also mostly because I was thinking it over while someone else pulled the trigger, I wouldn't get mad at the seller cash is king

Maybe I just have really thick skin but this doesn't bother me at all. There is no "line" when it comes to buying parts. Balls in the sellers court, if he wants to dump the part and get the money then sell it as soon as possible. When I sell parts I'll get 5 guys that are interested and the first one to show up with money gets it.

First to put cash in my hand is the buyer. What happens when the guy waits a day for your wife to say no and loses a potential sale to someone else. I say if you need your wife's permission Get it before you contact the seller.

Lol. I never have to ask permission, I just buy what I want, when I want.

Yep, nuts shoulda been scratched and wife asked first.

I do feel that the first person to show intent of buying gets first dibs.
I also feel that if I state that I'll take it, it is as good as paid for and I make immediate payment.

If I have good pics of a part I'm selling with a good discription, and the first guy wants more information pics and will let me know in a day it might be too late if the second guy says I'll take it! I've been burned more than a few times waiting for the first guy to make a move. I've lost out on nice parts also mostly because I was thinking it over while someone else pulled the trigger, I wouldn't get mad at the seller cash is king

Totally agree here.

-
Back