should I buy

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask your son this... Does he want this project?
That may take years and thousands of dollars to make good..
Like all of these cars, you will be completely upside down financially. When it's compleand you've got to know you're doing this for the love of the car. So I hope this is the one...

Anytime I see a car with painted bumpers that should be chrome I can't help but wonder what other corners were cut ?

Have you tried tasting said wet spot ?
If it's Dr pepper I'll take it.

Last edited:
It should never happen, period
It doesn't matter how much you spend, it will always look like a mako paint paintjobbed flip
Well, I like race cars. Chrome is for restos and street cars.

Well, I like race cars. Chrome is for restos and street cars.
i can see that, i would suggest fiberglass bumpers
much lighter and way easier to paint
(perhaps a little more expensive, but the saving in paint and prep might off set that)

12,000 Canadian equals $8889.22 American.
Looks like a big headache for that kind of money.

i can see that, i would suggest fiberglass bumpers
much lighter and way easier to paint
(perhaps a little more expensive, but the saving in paint and prep might off set that)
I priced a new chrome bumper recently and it was about double a fiberglass bumper.
I bought a straight steel bumper used which I'm going to make a mold off of.
The chrome is toast so it's gonna be some work

No it's not worth $12,000, maybe $ 6500 and not one penny more.
I can't ever find your pricing. If you ever become a Mopar dealer let me know....but I'd have to make payments on a $1,000.00 car, just saying

I would rather be wrong trying to help somebody than by judging them.

But that is my opinion.

@sweetlea welcome to FABO.

That car looks like a pretty decent project. The brake fluid is probably the correct call by others here for the wet floor. As mentioned, looking under the car will tell you how well the work was done and if any was cobbled in. I suspect by the pictures the guy did a decent job because of what he has acquired and was doing. The mixture of the 68 front clip on a 69 is something I would not hesitate to do myself as the grills are easier to come by and cheaper. I prefer the 68 nose over the 69 anyway. That part does not bother me at all. It is a slant six car so the guy was doing whatever he wanted without sniveling from the purist crowd. The fact that is was a 3 speed standard is a bonus. The pedals on the floor are kinda pricey. You could sell those and put the proper brake pedal in or you can easily convert to a 4 speed should you so desire.

I feel that if that engine runs, (I bet it does, the battery is in the car), has solid quarters and body, (not a bondo bucket), and the paint is decent, you will never get this far into this amount of a car for 12k. Certain parts for Barracudas can be hard to come by and pricey, (the rear window trim for example, but I suspect it's in the car), but it looks like he had most of it. Assembling it from the state it is in will help you learn about these cars. If you decide to purchase the car, this site is a wealth of knowledge.

Like gdrill said, if you were to start out with a carcass and get to the point that this car is currently at, you would spend $12k just in shipping :lol: .
Let us know what happens.

Here is an example of what people are asking. Needs all the body work. Absolutely mouse infestation damage. And probably needs engine work since the valve covers are and have been off.

1967 Barracuda Formula S | Classic Cars | Calgary | Kijiji
A much better deal than the one the OP is looking at, an all original 67.
You guys put too much value in a paint job. Most cars I see freshly painted in that condition are mostly a glossed over pile of ****.
This one fits that mold.

I know it's a saying, but how were we "bitten"?? So what if it's someone just posting random ****?? As long as they aren't scamming....**** remember the 340 that replicaracer built? The guy he built it for got fucked HUGE by another member on here, and that same fuckery of a member(heard about dart mcode chop shops there too) is STILL HERE!
So no bites from sweatlea, but when you say "bite" remember the name that ends with "bit".
George, wasnt High River flooded HUGE a few years back?
Here is an example of what people are asking. Needs all the body work. Absolutely mouse infestation damage. And probably needs engine work since the valve covers are and have been off.

1967 Barracuda Formula S | Classic Cars | Calgary | Kijiji

It's not that she's not welcome. We welcome anyone. It's that we've been bitten many times in the past by the seemingly same old story. The burden of proof is on her. If she wants to come back and this is all legit, then she'll get more help here than she can choke a horse with. You can't blame folks for bein a bit gunshy.

Now if a new member came on here and said "looks like a great project for my Son(16) and I", we wouldn't be having this nonsense of a conversation. Some members just need to stop chasing women off the board...

Our past AI "woman" never followed up, never posted a picture, never responded to questions. Our OP here has posted pictures, of a Canadian sold car, listed where she lives.. in Canada, etc. Lets stop the BS for a bit and welcome her back for the serious help she asked for!

Some of this nonsense is reminding me of the BS I got, from some here, when I stated I was gonna tear my Swinger apart...

Steve, the cars that were heavily affected by the flood look like this! Taken two weeks ago. They can’t even be crushed until the silt is removed from every nook and cranny. The red car sat in a wet Quonset for 40 years. I imagine the pans could be shot too with that insulating layer of mouse nest in the floor.

IMG_9247.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back