Should I hold them to the price?

-
So was there a picture in the ad? was it a pic of gaskets? or valve covers?

I'm sure you've done the right thing. I am just curious... a pic worth a thousand words....????

It's done. I let him off, and told him he needs to pay attention to detail because the next guy might not let it go, and that trying to BS me by saying that it was for gaskets was low.

the seller is says SUCKER.. right about now.

..hold them to it...it is only fair..great price, eh ?

I agree.And also with the Karma statement. Now if the seller had dun you wrong in the past I would demand the valve covers and go after them.

You asking for opinions shows you have doubts. Let them off the hook.It may go easier on your conciense.

Oh I see you did just that. I agree with ocdart,your a good guy!

Come back and let us know if you get any type of "Thanks" from the seller. My bet is that you won't.
A seller that made an honest mistake will thank you for what you did. A dishonest one will just smile and move on.
You're a good guy for what you did.
I wonder if the seller would appreciate knowing about this thread, filled with so many people sharing the angst of trying to figure out what's "right"? An honest seller would. I don't know what impact it would have on the other kind, and I see no benefit to spinning my wheels guessing about it. Moving on is often the noble choice.

Nice to see all the support. Thanks for displaying some Christmas spirit; whether it was deserved or not makes little difference in its reflection on those who do it.

- Erik

64 Valiant, 170 3-spd
82 Volvo wagon, 5.0 5-spd :)

It's done. I let him off, and told him he needs to pay attention to detail because the next guy might not let it go, and that trying to BS me by saying that it was for gaskets was low.

glad to see you came to a decision. Did they offer you a cut for he lame explanation of gaskets? Curious, are you in the same jurisdiction as them?

So was there a picture in the ad? was it a pic of gaskets? or valve covers?

I'm sure you've done the right thing. I am just curious... a pic worth a thousand words....????

Yep, a picture of some nice shiny polished aluminum valve covers. Ad said "This auction is for one set of polished aluminum valve covers, gaskets must be ordered separately."

Yep, a picture of some nice shiny polished aluminum valve covers. Ad said "This auction is for one set of polished aluminum valve covers, gaskets must be ordered separately."

you did good............. I was thinking that the seller shouls have offered them to you for a fair price after the fact... maybe

So who was the seller? I want to keep an eye on his auctions in case he gets lazy again and doesn't double check his adds before posting them, maybe I can get a pair of valve covers for cheap. Karma doesn't pay for new shiny car parts!

I wonder if the seller would appreciate knowing about this thread, filled with so many people sharing the angst of trying to figure out what's "right"? An honest seller would. I don't know what impact it would have on the other kind, and I see no benefit to spinning my wheels guessing about it. Moving on is often the noble choice.

Nice to see all the support. Thanks for displaying some Christmas spirit; whether it was deserved or not makes little difference in its reflection on those who do it.

- Erik

64 Valiant, 170 3-spd
82 Volvo wagon, 5.0 5-spd :)

so now that i am thinkin of selling 65 plymouth parts, where should i go to get an idea of prices? i don't want to give stuff away but don't like stealin either! any sites or ideas?

you could try wiw thread on the parts or make reasonable offer(which seems to draw lo ballers) but some people understand the term resonable and will do just that(they have class and know exactly what they are willing to pay for that part) just my opinion
so now that i am thinkin of selling 65 plymouth parts, where should i go to get an idea of prices? i don't want to give stuff away but don't like stealin either! any sites or ideas?

-
Back