show me your early A!

-
Nice Valliant, The D100 in the backround looks like fun too! Good luck with your project. toolmanmike

BEACH1-1.jpg

VALIANTFINISHED010.jpg

63 wagon v 200 , super six, 2 1/4" exhaust. Love all these cars in this post!

Nice Valliant, The D100 in the backround looks like fun too! Good luck with your project. toolmanmike

Thanks. It's a little rough, but decent. It was an eBay purchase in November 2006. Low-mile car. I drove it for a year, but want to have a little more fun with it now.

The truck is an A100. And is for sale. Too many toys - some of'em gotta go..

Well as a newbie round here i got something that just fits in this nice topic!
enjoy, here we go:
13102007019.jpg

13102007029.jpg

15102007106.jpg

it`s a `64. Pictures are taken in Belgium (yes europe, i`m from the netherlands) at an old mine-building, and an old childrenshome, all abandoned.

Father/Son project started in 2006. Lots of work, but lots of fun too! Now the whole family enjoys taking her to the car shows.
This was the same type of car I first remember riding in as a child, when they were brand new!

Dodge Dart 116.jpg

dcp_2714.jpg

Dodge Dart 125.jpg

I have a 500ci motor with 6/71 blower and nos or I might put small block in it. I am geting the car ready to be chemical striped.

000_0009_thumb[1].jpg

Wow. Great looking at all these early A-bodies. Gives me all kinds of ideas for mine. Here are my two. 65 Valiant Signet with 273 commando & 340 powered 65 Cuda.

Oldschoolcuda

I love the color on the valiant above, and gotta admit, I love that rear angle view on the early barracuda.

Well I finally got the Dart out of the garage and gave her a good wash. Got the digi camera for Christmas, so it was time to take some pics.

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, the body is in fabulous shape, just a little bubbling under some of the trim, and on one inner fender. Hopefully it doesn't go any deeper. The floors and the trunk are absolutely spotless. It's a California car, from what I've been told and from the sticker inside the glovebox.

I just have to decide what to do with the trim. A previous owner installed some of the GT trim, which I like, but it's not stock. So, take off the 270 trim or leave it all and be one of a kind:dontknow:.

It's all gotta come off for paint anyway.

Now to insure it again and get out on the road:cheers:.

Well, then, here's the ragtop that became my avatar. Snowbound in the blizzard of '07, that paralysed the entire city of Austin, Texas for three days! I remember sitting in High School art class, drawing pictures of the 63 Darts when they were new. Kinda dates me, huh?

PICT0003_Small_.JPG

OK, you're right, we ARE warm weather wimps! But we get to work on and drive our cars all year round!!!

Oh, and about Halloween we do get mighty tired of high temperatures kicking at the hundred degree mark!

Here's mine. '65 Valiant 100, 225 Slant 6, 904 column shift, 7.25" rear, yer regular no-frills grandma car. Red bench interior, rubber floor mats, radio delete.

New front and rear suspension with all new Moog bushings, ESPO 5-leafs, KYBS's all around. 245/60/15 Radial T/As on the rear, 15 x 8 SBP Wheel Vintiques steelies w. 4.875" BS, 15 x 5 fronts with 205/60/15s. Disk brakes with new lines, ltwt MC and Summit Adj. Prop valve.

96,000 original miles, I'm the second owner.

Greg

IMG_8285.jpg

-
Back