show off them turbo header/manifold pics

-
had to toss this persons in, Not Mopar but maybe one day I can mod one to my slant...!
260355_10150297078560860_505625859_9652679_2243639_n.jpg
260237_10150297079865860_505625859_9652701_4714744_n.jpg

271059_10150297082820860_505625859_9652741_5932392_n.jpg

Mine's the simple and inexpensive route too. Maybe if I had a spare slant lying around I could make my own manifold over time, but this one works fine.
GOPR0089_zps8632a7e4.jpg

Mine's the simple and inexpensive route too. Maybe if I had a spare slant lying around I could make my own manifold over time, but this one works fine.

The Pishta route works great up to a certain point, and is a great starting point for anyone not looking for lots and lots of horsepower, say, up to 300, or so...

After that, maybe an individual-runner header may flow enough better to make power power easier to come by.

This header was built by my partner at the time, Freddie Nielsen, a 75-year old guy who had never built a header before. He had a few obstacles, such as, he couldn't weld (had a pacemaker,) and so had to adhesive tape the small pieces together, and then take that to a weld shop to have it tack-welded for final fitment. Once satisfied, he took that to a T.I.G. welder for final welds. Then, it was ceramic-coated, inside and out. Turned out OK, I think, for a first effort. Here are some photos:

Attachments

• headerbyfred.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,278
  • 100_3491-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 100_3492-2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 100_3496-2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,100
  • 100_3489-3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,127
The Pishta route works great up to a certain point, and is a great starting point for anyone not looking for lots and lots of horsepower, say, up to 300, or so...

After that, maybe an individual-runner header may flow enough better to make power power easier to come by.

This header was built by my partner at the time, Freddie Nielsen, a 75-year old guy who had never built a header before. He had a few obstacles, such as, he couldn't weld (had a pacemaker,) and so had to adhesive tape the small pieces together, and then take that to a weld shop to have it tack-welded for final fitment. Once satisfied, he took that to a T.I.G. welder for final welds. Then, it was ceramic-coated, inside and out. Turned out OK, I think, for a first effort. Here are some photos:
Very nice. Where did you get them coated?

Its good to see this thread still alive i hope to see all the turbo builds alteast post up one or two shoots of there work thanks to all that have posted so far and keep them pics coming.
Heres some work that ive been doing for the last couple days waiting on some more parts and will try and get them done within the next month

Its good to see this thread still alive i hope to see all the turbo builds alteast post up one or two shoots of there work thanks to all that have posted so far and keep them pics coming.
Heres some work that ive been doing for the last couple days waiting on some more parts and will try and get them done within the next month

Thanks, Aaron! That has your trademark, "el-sano" appearance, for sure!

I took my car to the strip for a shakedown run or two (FINALLY!) about a month ago, and ran an 8.80 eighth-mile time (that's a 13.70 quarter, it says here...) I was happy with that, seeing as how I was only running ten pounds of boost and was carrying a 200-pound passenger. More boost, later, for sure!

Here's the car, loaded up and ready for the 60-mie trek to Centerville Dragway,

Attachments

• 100_4001.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,032
Thanks Bill ive been keeping a watch of your progress and im glad you finally got the car to the track
The valiant wont be ready till next year the block is still in prep stages and im still a couple major parts away from being ready to assemble the block. The headers are coming out nice and just the way i planned expected ill have too come up with a path for 1-2 yet theres not enough room how i had planned. But I'll come up with a path I just need to think about it. I will be limited on progress of the headers for a couple weeks its getting into the crazy next couple weeks at work but will post some progress when i make it
Aaron

Thanks Bill ive been keeping a watch of your progress and im glad you finally got the car to the track
The valiant wont be ready till next year the block is still in prep stages and im still a couple major parts away from being ready to assemble the block. The headers are coming out nice and just the way i planned expected ill have too come up with a path for 1-2 yet theres not enough room how i had planned. But I'll come up with a path I just need to think about it. I will be limited on progress of the headers for a couple weeks its getting into the crazy next couple weeks at work but will post some progress when i make it
Aaron

Thanks, Aaron.

Keep up the gppd work, and let us know hor the stroker project is coming along. You KNOW, don't you, that that thing is gonna FLY!!!!

Whew! :blob:

Amazing job! And on a Conquest?! That has to be a super tight fit under the hood. Would love to hear (and see) more about your build.

Ill have to see if i can dig up some of my older pictures and ill post a build thread on it. Hoping to have the car running this spring.

This is the pictures of my buddy Larry's 1988 D150 truck. The headers were inexpensive Chevy pieces that he bought off of eBay and then welded the small block Mopar flanges on

IMG_20170114_161132030.jpg

IMG_20170114_161119366.jpg

IMG_20161126_195253303.jpg

-
Back