Show your slant 6 a body!

-
too right - a nice Valiant 2-door coupe or drop top based on the 62-67 size would have rounded it all out for Chrysler in Australia i reckon.
but we're a tiny market, and the ute would'a been much more important to brand positioning.

OMG i found a BLOWN VC UTE - here's one to check out, but it's someones business and i don't know them and i don't support them or receive payment and i don't in any way purport to any association with the vehicle blah blah blah
http://www.kustombitz.com.au/p/1080317/chrysler-valiant-slant-6-blower-kit---sl6-terra-charger-supercharger-radial-4-barrel-flange.html
Chrysler_Valiant_Ute_AussieSpeed.jpg

on the blown or turbo'd /6, i gotta say i'm excited! i'm getting a used set of long-primary extractors at the big Chrysler Show happening this weekend in Geelong, and i was planning to put and the twin carbies on the stock engine at first. but for the long term, hmmmm *scratch* . . .

in australia we've had a long history of the GM (Holden) Calais supercharged V6's and Ford Falcons XR6 turbo 4.1 straight six.
so there's some access to used eaton blowers and whatever turbo Ford use and of course the tiny little toyota units off the MR2.
and lord knows what the Mini Cooper JCS superchargers could do if they spin up enough boost to tickle a /6??.

just picked this one up for $900..ya goda love brown 4 doors..lol

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,197
ok guys. the first pic is a few years old. the second is whats going on the motor once all's said and done. about a month away from running and driving again and a couple weeks after that before the a/c is working as well.

Attachments

• DSC00754.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 1,199
  • 2012-05-10_15-23-43_247.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,170
Here's a 72 Swinger Special with a Slant that I rescued today... These Pictures are the ones from the Ad I answered, Unfortunately the Kittycat in the picture did not come with the car. lol.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,158
  • 2.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 3.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 1,192
  • 4.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,180
:glasses7:

Attachments

• 100_0453.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,021
  • Detailed Engine 02-08-2012 006.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,066
  • Detailed Engine 02-08-2012 001.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,043
Some fabulous /6 a bodies on here.
thanks to all the blokes who contributed.
Gary

X2 Gary, this is a musr see thread and I enjoy looking every strongend at it :cheers:

I don't have week ends, just strong ends :glasses7:

Just bought the 67 Valiant. I have a long road ahead of me until it is all done but one day she will be perfect. The body is pretty solid but I do need rear quarters on both sides.

Attachments

• valiant3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 956
  • valiant2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 945
  • valiant4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 938
That's one bad lookin slant! Love the Aussie intake and hedder. Didn't know they sold hedders now, I'll bet its pretty good stuff. Someday I want to do a turbo slant in an early valiant two door post car or something, to shoot for mileage. I'm thinking an overdrive 4 speed, small 4 barrel, grand national turbo, 276ish gears, all in a 2800lb car. Should do decent on fuel when on road trips and on the freeway with my lightish foot.

Getting closer to finishing my baby !!

Dart3.jpg

Dart2.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg
You have really put together e beautiful ride, there, Dennis! That engine is forgeous, and the treatment on the back with the stripe looks really good! Love that decal!!! :)

Keep us posted; looks like you're almost there!:cheers:

Headed out now to give a guy some measurements to have my Driveshaft made up!!! Got my Peak Dashes glove box door and radio/heater control panel out getting Black Texture Coated to match my Gauge Cluster also !! Got some other pieces coming to connect the 2 90* radiator hoses for my upper radiator lines,then I might do a little modifying on the bottom hose to give it a custom look as well !!Still waiting on my Airbrush guy to finish my Radiator Overflow tank as well ! Had it powdercoated Metallic Silver,and he's going to paint the Mopar M as well as the Barbed Wire acccents !!

Headed out now to give a guy some measurements to have my Driveshaft made up!!! Got my Peak Dashes glove box door and radio/heater control panel out getting Black Texture Coated to match my Gauge Cluster also !! Got some other pieces coming to connect the 2 90* radiator hoses for my upper radiator lines,then I might do a little modifying on the bottom hose to give it a custom look as well !!Still waiting on my Airbrush guy to finish my Radiator Overflow tank as well ! Had it powdercoated Metallic Silver,and he's going to paint the Mopar M as well as the Barbed Wire acccents !!

Details, details, details... but that is what makes an appealing show winner~

Your car is lookin' REAL GOOD because you're not overlooking anything!

What kind of hood treatment (paint) are you going after; flat black, or what?

Keep up the good work; It's gettin' there!!!!:happy1:

Benmopar318: Sharrrp! I've always thought Chrysler Australia did a nicer job with the sheetmetal styling on the '63-4-5-6 Valiants than the North American designers.

Just one question: I see what looks like an aircon filter-dryer, but where's the compressor?

it has a rotary compressor mounted low where our oil filters are mounted on AU models that is why it has the lines running to remote filter up the back

Benmopar318: Sharrrp! I've always thought Chrysler Australia did a nicer job with the sheetmetal styling on the '63-4-5-6 Valiants than the North American designers.

Just one question: I see what looks like an aircon filter-dryer, but where's the compressor?

-
Back