Show your slant 6 a body!

-
Just got this old girl home today. The interior is actually pretty decent... The donor slant six and front suspension from a 74 Duster should be installed this week....
l_cf36606781bd93b73e87d62c8508f178.jpg
[/url]

Here's ours a 64 dart gt 6 cyl/push button.I really cant decide which way to go with her.Im think for now I will rebuild the suspension and restore the int. I already ordered factory style interior kit from legendary.I gotta say we get people that love this car whenever we take her out.I allready stripped the seats out and restored the floor pans (light rust) and installed new carpet.So far its been fun to drive and work on.Pics make her look a bit better then she really is.
dartgt034.jpg

dartgt019.jpg

dartgt051.jpg

Here's my work in progress. I have new KYB shocks and a new vinyl top waiting for me when I get out of the desert in 9 days.

DSCF0155.jpg

Here's mine with 42k miles on it. While it might be a little shiney, it does get driven. Most recently a 410 mile trip in the rain. Not my first choice of conditions, but hell... it's a car. I get more joy from driving this one than my 340 car.

Dusterinthevalley003-1.jpg

Here's mine with 42k miles on it. While it might be a little shiney, it does get driven. Most recently a 410 mile trip in the rain. Not my first choice of conditions, but hell... it's a car. I get more joy from driving this one than my 340 car.

Dusterinthevalley003-1.jpg

Now that's a sharp looking Duster!

My old Valiant. It's gone 12.0@110 in street trim on a 150 shot of hose. I tried to get an 11 second time card, but closest I got was 12:001.

_100_0917.JPG

just imagine the possibilities!!! Cam,headers,large valves,head port and its going 10's !

So, the stock exhaust manifold WILL work with the Clifford intake? Thought so, but they claim otherwise...

Yes and no. I didn't use the water provision that came with the Clifford and I welded the top of the exhaust manifold shut a while back because I kept blowing the gasket that seals it to the Offy intake I had. For a standard application they will not mate (Clifford and Ex manifold).

Yes and no. I didn't use the water provision that came with the Clifford and I welded the top of the exhaust manifold shut a while back because I kept blowing the gasket that seals it to the Offy intake I had. For a standard application they will not mate (Clifford and Ex manifold).

Got'cha. I figured it wouldn't seal properly without modification. I had just considered using the Clifford intake because it has F.I. bungs built-in, and thought about the stock exhaust manifold with a turbo like you did. Nice to know it's possible. Thanks!

Here's some pic's of my "WAGGIN" project,haven't been able to work on it lately but I'll share some pic's just the same,btw nice yellow valiant can we see some pic's of your wagon and nice upgrades on you car dual resivoir brakes late alternator and electonic ignition,nicely done...where did you get the crhome valve cover that is nice!!!!:cheers:

waggin.JPG

two for two.JPG

"waggin" I am jealous! Your wagon looks great! I have a 66 Valiant wagon I have been collecting parts for to do the same thing. Hopefully it will turn out as nice. Great job

Dont laugh, its paid for!! My 72 valli parts car. Originally bought it for the floor pans & front fender wells, but its damn near mint. Almost every part that will interchange with my duster will be used. Frame rails are super solid. Dash is almost NOS quality, ect. ect.

I hate to rip it apart, but its organs are needed to save the duster!! 225/6 904 auto. Runs (ran) like a top!!
partscar007.jpg

Here's a 70 I picked up last fall. It's the straightest old Mopar I've ever owned. It was actually owned by a little old lady. I can't find a ding on it.

Nice find Tom, this one I picked up several weeks ago

67 Dart.jpg

66Cuda-vi.jpg

Interior-vi.jpg

RWindow-vi.jpg

Slant6-vi.jpg

TLight-vi.jpg

Certicard-vi.jpg

Wanna buy a ‘66 Cuda?

Unmolested Southern California Car
Loaded with deluxe factory options!
Slant Six – Automatic – New interior
Console, Power Steering, New battery, Brakes, Radiator, Motor Mounts
Rare Glendora Barn Find!
Excellent Gas Mileage!
Ready for Resto!
Drive it anywhere!
Daily Driver!
Needs Paint.

$5,550 Or Best Offer

Call 818.424.6656

I bought mine from a Dodge Dealer in FL about 1990 or so. They had a stack of about 20 of them on the table at the show! Asking price was $10.00 each. In my infinate wisdom I only bought 1 for myself....UGH! I then bought the Accessory Set (Includes - 12 chrome plated Screw Washer sets, Chrome Oil Filler Cap, & both Valve Cover Grommets... $5.00!) I figured they would always be available - my bad.

Now, IF you are interested here is the info on them from my 1994 Mopar Performance Catalog:
Chrome Valve Cover - 1960 to 1980 engines P3690742,
1981 to 1987 engines - P4529063,
Valve Cover Accessory Set - P4120272.
As for the 1960's ribbed Valve Covers - I have seen them but they are not listed in the 1994 Catalog - Sorry!
HAPPY HUNTING!

Here is mine on my 1970 Dart GT when I installed it in 1996:

1996 r03 70 Dart GT (19).jpg

Hope this helps!
Later,
Bruce B.

1996 r03 70 Dart GT (19).jpg

Here's my 65 Valiant convertible with later year and starting to knock slant and 3 on the tree. Have a 1965 slant with 4 speed for a swap.

IMG_0716.jpg

-
Back