Slant Six Dead Spot

-
OH! A not so far fetched idea...

Is the intake aluminum on that super six? I have heard that many of the aluminum castings are prone to leakage (in the actual casting) allowing a vacuum leak but NOT where you would normally check for leaks, like the carb base and the head mouting areas but along the runners themselves.

Porosity maybe???

But only with the aluminum super six intakes. The iron ones were real good.

But only with the aluminum super six intakes. The iron ones were real good.

I have an iron cast intake on my super six and found an aluminum one in the U-pull-it lot, I was going to grab it but looking at it closely, the casting looked like it was full of tiny bubbles. It looked 'cheap' and didnt bother with it thinking about what I had read about them.

Hell with it, the slant's coming out and a good engine is going in, a Chevrolet engine. I'll stick with what I know best and what works.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. No wonder you MoPar guys got a bad reputation in the other groups.

Sorry to those who actually tried to help.

The slant will be sitting by the curb for local pickup. I'm outta here.

I appologize man, I was trying to help but I did say in my very last statement about the resonance possibility that is was a "pulling at strings" possibility. And no it would NOT be a very likely possibility but I threw it out there because I beleive you had mentioned an exhaust change somewhere in your original post and you said you have tried many things even droped everyone elses suggestions. I dont remember if you actually said if you checked the grounding of the ECU, checked the reluctor gap or the few ignition wiring plugs to ensure they are clean and tight as I also suggested in my original reply either...

Any ways good luck in your diagnostic or engine replacement whichever you decide. I wish I were closer to pick up that S6 if you were going to curb it.

Not your fault Kernel. The guy was given simple troubleshooting instructions and ignored them all because he thought he was too smart for it to be something simple like that. Since he refused to run simple diagnostics on the car, he's going to pull and junk the rebuilt slant and put a chevy engine in it.

He's going to go the rest of his life telling everyone how the slant is a POS because he refused to diagnose it correctly.

And he say's we're the ones with the bad reputation :finga:

-
Back