small block chevrolet in a 68 barracuda headers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
WELL!, I've posted some questions on the site before but I've never gotten sooooo many responses! thanks to all that responded and also it's good to see so many of you are so die hard Mopar. It's simply principle and many people have given their lives based on principle. To those who were honest my hat is off to you and for those willing to give advice( even with diversity) I thank you!

Didn't the mopar community embrace the AMC crowd and the Jeep crowd? So now that the parent company of GM and Chrysler is the same, the US taxpayer, why don't we embrace the GM brothers? Personally I love my 68 but would never buy a new Chrysler OR GM again.

Didn't the mopar community embrace the AMC crowd and the Jeep crowd? So now that the parent company of GM and Chrysler is the same, the US taxpayer, why don't we embrace the GM brothers? Personally I love my 68 but would never buy a new Chrysler OR GM again.
wow, and 5.7/6.1 hemis are bullet proof from what I know. Best new gen motor out there. I love my hemi magnum but that is a topic for another thread.

Oh brother... brand loyalty again... Its his car, he can do whatever he wants with it. I love pissing people off telling them i got a 350 in my belvedere, after they vent for a bit, i tell them its a .060 over 340 and that makes a true 350ci.

thats stirrin the pot Ronnie :D , sure just piss on everyones cornflakes & walk away laughin yur arse off :happy1: , ive seen the post now lol , John

I cant beleve this is still a topic.hell I ask a question about a mopar and hardly get a response.owell just saying :wack:..........Artie

Regardless of the whole issue of inbreeding, if you can figure out how to mount the engine and trans in, then you should be able to handle the exhaust.....

OK OK GUYS you'll be happy to know I just spoke to my machinest and he has a nice 360 magnum he'll let me have cheap soooo looks like it will stay all mopar!!!!! later

Whatever floats your boat I guess. I hate threads like this so I'm not going to say anything ..... except Chevy suck, have you done fell and bumped yo head, and I taught myself how to make a noose.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. I hate threads like this so I'm not going to say anything ..... except Chevy suck, have you done fell and bumped yo head, and I taught myself how to make a noose.

i agree, i have so many opinions about this topic, and i bite my tongue every time. but i like to read what others think about it LOL

Don't bother listening to most of these guys, half of them don't even know what they are talking about and I'm willing to bet half of them haven't lifted a wrench in their life. Go Chevy for all means, use either block huggers, S-10 swap headers, or stock truck manifolds. Your biggest issue is the steering sector.

By the way fellas, if Chrysler engines are so great why isn't the 318 the number one swap engine? Riddle me that!

I have a pair of Chevy II Novas I'll trade for the Barracuda. Then you will have a bowtie car to put your bowtie motor in. BTW one of the Nova's still has its factory power guide transmisiion in it.

Sorry StrokerScamp but I am calling BS on this one. Look at what all this guy has posted. Heck he already has it all.... Just read his posts.

Views: 889 Posted By 68cudahemi
OK OK GUYS you'll be happy to know I just spoke...

OK OK GUYS you'll be happy to know I just spoke to my machinest and he has a nice 360 magnum he'll let me have cheap soooo looks like it will stay all mopar!!!!! later

Forum: Mopar Exhaust 05-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Replies: 66 small block chevrolet in a 68 barracuda headers
WELL!, I've posted some questions on the site...

WELL!, I've posted some questions on the site before but I've never gotten sooooo many responses! thanks to all that responded and also it's good to see so many of you are so die hard Mopar. It's...

Forum: Mopar Exhaust 05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Don't worry guys I have a 70 challenger that will...

Don't worry guys I have a 70 challenger that will be all mopar(R5 to be precise) already have car and motor(421 small block) with 700r4 tranny paid for so I figured what the hell!

Forum: Mopar Exhaust 05-21-2012, 04:34 PM

Looking for someone with info on headers for a 1968 barracuda with a small block chevrolet engine. any info would be appreciated! thx

Forum: South Central Region 01-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Replies: 1 Car show/cruise
Views: 203 Posted By 68cudahemi
Car show/cruise

This saturday a lot of cars are headed to Norman for a car cruise/show at a dealership. I'm here in Tulsa and we are meeting at the QT at 44 and west 47th I believe is the street. 7:00am if you have...

Forum: Transmission and Drivetrain Tech 02-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Replies: 1 5 speed conversion 68 cuda
Views: 379 Posted By 68cudahemi
5 speed conversion 68 cuda

I was thinking about putting a 5 speed transmission out of a 2001 gas 1500 dodge truck into my cuda.I'm putting a 360 magnum in from a 95 truck so I know it will bolt up to my engine. Just wondering...

Forum: Suspension, Steering and Chassis 11-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Replies: 9 rearend help
Views: 332 Posted By 68cudahemi
My question is on the u shaped bolts that hold it...

My question is on the u shaped bolts that hold it in.Are they the same size as the other(old ones).

Forum: Suspension, Steering and Chassis 11-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Replies: 9 rearend help
Views: 332 Posted By 68cudahemi
rearend help

I'm changing my 68 cuda to a 8 3/4 rear.What do I need?
Forum: Transmission and Drivetrain Tech 10-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Replies: 5 Magnum engines to Old T-Flites?
Views: 365 Posted By 68cudahemi
I'm putting a 360 magnum in my 68 cuda witha 904...

I'm putting a 360 magnum in my 68 cuda witha 904 auto trans.They make a torque conv. for the combo.Just need to know if you are running a 904 or a 727.And yes they are external balanced.

Forum: Tires and Rims 10-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Replies: 4 20 inch rear 18 inch front
Views: 835 Posted By 68cudahemi
That looks freaken sweet! I want my car to look...

That looks freaken sweet! I want my car to look like an old school dub city car.You know the toy cars with the large wheels.I wonder if he tubbed his car or just relocated the leaf springs?

Forum: Tires and Rims 09-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Replies: 4 20 inch rear 18 inch front
Views: 835 Posted By 68cudahemi
20 inch rear 18 inch front

Anybody ever thought of or ran 20's on back and 18's on front. I've got a 1968 barracuda and was thinking of running them,what do you think?

Forum: Brakes 09-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Replies: 15 4 wheel disc help?
Views: 1,530 Posted By 68cudahemi
I talked to summit today which is where i got the...

I talked to summit today which is where i got the disc brake package from.They also said to run a 7/8 bore m/c and an adjustable proportioning valve.

Forum: Brakes 09-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Replies: 15 4 wheel disc help?
Views: 1,530 Posted By 68cudahemi
4 wheel disc help?

68 barracuda with factory drum all around to 4 wheel disc brakes.Factory were manual and i want to keep manual brakes.Which m/c should i get and should i go with a adjustable proportioning valve?...

Forum: Transmission and Drivetrain Tech 09-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Replies: 4 summit rear disc kit 8 3/4
Views: 306 Posted By 68cudahemi
My rearend is actually out of a 67 gtx.So we will...

My rearend is actually out of a 67 gtx.So we will have to see if everything fits.My kit came with a new set of studs.Hopefully it will all go together smooth.Thanks for the advice!

Forum: Transmission and Drivetrain Tech 09-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Replies: 4 summit rear disc kit 8 3/4
Views: 306 Posted By 68cudahemi
summit rear disc kit 8 3/4

Just ordered the summit racing disc brake kit Part# DCC-5249444 (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-5249444/) .Anyone ever ran this kit and I also ordered the green bearing kit.Let me know what...

Forum: Transmission and Drivetrain Tech 09-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Replies: 4 Richmond or tremec 5 speed
Views: 498 Posted By 68cudahemi
A regular bell housing will not fit?

A regular bell housing will not fit?

Forum: Transmission and Drivetrain Tech 09-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Replies: 4 Richmond or tremec 5 speed
Views: 498 Posted By 68cudahemi
Richmond or tremec 5 speed

I have a 68 coupe cuda i'm building a nice 360 magnum for.Not a ground pounder somewhere around 300 horse.I am wondering which transmission to get.Tremec or richmond 5 speed.The car is just a street...

Forum: Transmission and Drivetrain Tech 04-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Replies: 0 transmission tunnel 68 barracuda
Views: 315 Posted By 68cudahemi
transmission tunnel 68 barracuda

I have a 68 cuda and i purchased a 5.7 hemi with auto overdrive.The engine came out of a 2004 ram.I was looking at the trans. and it looks bigger than my stock trans. Anyone know if it will fit or...

OMG is right.....man your killin' me with your last post....ROLFLMAO...

When I read where he mentioned Norman, I thought OH **** this guy might be from Oklahoma. Sure enough and I just had to do it. At least his light is off so maybe we won't hear about a Chibby motor for a while.

Yet these Mopar folks will use GM R4 and 4R transmissions and Chevy pistons or piston rods and give you all a How-To without blinking an eye.

Talk about hypocrisy..

pretty much. I think the mopar or no car thing is for idiots. Mopar doesnt make the best of everything and really never has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back