Snow

-
Forecasters are saying tonight low will be 15, Mondays will be 8, Tuesdays will be a nice warm -4 and Wednesdays will be 6......brrrrrr...

Does that make you wanna go back to Arizona Doug
No.....could not stand not having seasons. Plus that 100+ stuff is just unbearable......my wife was born and raised in Phoenix. Much to my surprise she is hoping we could alot of snow this year...

Has started falling just west of Spokane....

And it sucks.

Sorry, just not ready for it yet. At least I got the Duster to a buddy's shop to pull the motor shop before this weekend.

Still need to find (2) more sets of snow tires, no idea where that money is coming from, and I really am not going to enjoy my oldest's first year in her own car in the snow. Evereybodies gotta learn, but it makes for a stressful winter. Ah well.

On a side note, it seems like there is no place that is perfect year round. Places like Vegas or Pheonix seem to have 2 seasons, bearable and pit of hell hot. At least up here we seem to have a full 4 seasons, from the almost or below zero temps in winter, to a couple of weeks above 100 in August. At least it isn't the same day after day. :-D

I will give you an update from the motel in Twin Falls, Id tomorrow evening after I drive through Salt Lake City. Then on Tuesday I get to drive 11 hrs from Twin Falls back to Seattle. Driving through Oregon sucks, especially in the snow! They should destroy that state and just build a big bridge over it!

Right now it's just raining and windy in Southern Utah but I bet it is snowing up the hill in Cedar City.

And it sucks.

Sorry, just not ready for it yet. At least I got the Duster to a buddy's shop to pull the motor shop before this weekend.

Still need to find (2) more sets of snow tires, no idea where that money is coming from, and I really am not going to enjoy my oldest's first year in her own car in the snow. Evereybodies gotta learn, but it makes for a stressful winter. Ah well.

On a side note, it seems like there is no place that is perfect year round. Places like Vegas or Pheonix seem to have 2 seasons, bearable and pit of hell hot. At least up here we seem to have a full 4 seasons, from the almost or below zero temps in winter, to a couple of weeks above 100 in August. At least it isn't the same day after day. :-D
Sounds like you are in for a stressful winter. My wife has yet to drive in the snow and she has no real desire to learn. I could not agree more on Phoenix only having 2 seasons. I spent 27 years in NJ and 15 or in AZ. I am glad I have suffered my last summer in AZ. My wife has made a few trips to AZ in the summer, she is not even out of the airport and wants to leave...

Well..... In the last week it went from above freezing to 20 below F.
And to top it all off, it snowed about a foot.
Thank god it hasn't been windy too!
I live about 50 miles north af the Montana border, they would have the same conditions there.

I will give you an update from the motel in Twin Falls, Id tomorrow evening after I drive through Salt Lake City. Then on Tuesday I get to drive 11 hrs from Twin Falls back to Seattle. Driving through Oregon sucks, especially in the snow! They should destroy that state and just build a big bridge over it!

Right now it's just raining and windy in Southern Utah but I bet it is snowing up the hill in Cedar City.

:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::-D

Let it snow!:cheers:

Send some down here. We hardly ever get a flake. Well.....we do unfortunately have Cynthia Mckinney.

3 weeks ago we got a surprise storm that came in from the east. 2 elderly people got killed in their cherokee just down the road from my house. there was nothing in the forecast and the road crews were caught off guard. since then its warmed back up to be bearable for now.

Did somebody mention snow?? This is what we woke up to a couple of days ago!!

Attachments

• P1050958.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 234

Oregon, is that where that "84 Corridor" is? The one that has its own weather system? Don't remember where it was but I got snowed in somewhere in that area a few years ago.

What brought you to Washington Inkjunkie?

If you are ever traveling I-5 stop here in Grants Pass Oregon, we're in the Rogue Valley where snow only surrounds us, my cell number is 541.660.1092 I welcome any car or bike lover

Snowing here on the other side of the mountains also. Only about an inch so far but don't show any signs of letting up.
It always amazes me how an inch or two of snow just about brings this area to its knees.
Stay warm Ink.

-17°C but it feels like -27°C with the windchill up here in PG. Only like an inch or two of snow thou.....

60 Degrees outside in Erie, PA today.... land of the lake effect. We might make it to December with no snow on the ground!

Well it is warm hee today hit 9 he haw!

-20 F on Tuesday and wind chill -40+ nice day....

I said to hell with Twin Falls, ID and I made it to Meridian, ID with 45 mins drive time left on my log book (DOT sucks). I decided to go further because they were expecting -23* in Twin Falls and only -9* in the Boise area tonight.
There was some ice on the road from Cedar City, UT to Beaver, UT then it cleared up and I hit a weak snow storm from Snowville, UT to Twin Falls, ID. Nothing too bad and I did 65-70 mph pretty much the whole way. I get to waist a bunch of time driving through Oregon at 55mph in about 11 hrs.

Nikki called me from the side of SR 900 just outside of Issaquah, WA on her way home because some retards decided that it was a good idea to stop in the middle of the road that was covered in ice for no good reason. Nikki was stuck on a hill and couldn't get her 66 Dart to move so she had to chain up. She called to ask where the hazard light switch was...........I told her to just turn on her right turn signal.:-D

-
Back