So how sad is this

-
Oh yeah, can't forget a fellow A-Body owner that came out of the 90's. KWS (Kenny Wayne Shepard), still enjoy his music to this day.

Hah! You think the 90's were bad?
I tried listening to some of the crap that came out the past ten years, even alot of the new "country" music nowadays is junk!
True story, 90's had great music! Today there is some great music still, but you really need to search it out. The mass auto tune, image more than substance music, is brutal. Country to me consists of David Allen Coe, Willy, Waylon, Hank, etc. I'm not sure what the music called country of today really is......

True story, 90's had great music! Today there is some great music still, but you really need to search it out. The mass auto tune, image more than substance music, is brutal. Country to me consists of David Allen Coe, Willy, Waylon, Hank, etc. I'm not sure what the music called country of today really is......
Not meaning to offend, I've always thought country music was rock, twenty years late. To me country from the '90s, sounds like pop rock of the '70s as far as the instrument and vocal styles go, and through the decades country seems to shadow rock by twenty years. Just my perception, and I haven't listened to enough country to know otherwise.

I agree there is good music from every era and genre, but it seems to have grown very sparse, and modern pop has very little real talent, and what there is gets buried under marketing hype.

Me? I was always a heavy metal kid. I'm in my late 60's and still listen to it, and a smoking guitar solo really gets me pumped!

Back to the OP's topic though, as far as how a person feels inside I have to say that growing up is over-rated. And though I'm still rockin' and drag racing a 9-second car, my body regularly reminds me I'm not 25 any more - yet my inner self will argue the point!

Last edited:
I am more of a Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Listener and prefer a lot of the non-top 40 tracks that unless you bought the albums in the old days you may never have heard. David Gilmor who is now 80 has a new album coming out in September and some of the tracks are on YouTube if any are interested.

I am more of a Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Listener and prefer a lot of the non-top 40 tracks that unless you bought the albums in the old days you may never have heard. David Gilmor who is now 80 has a new album coming out in September and some of the tracks are on YouTube if any are interested.
Love PINK FLOYD

I grew up in the St. Louis area and listened to a station Called KSHE95. still there doing their thing . But back in the 70s they played and called their self Progressive Rock Radio. They would bring in up and coming new regional bands such as REO, Styx, Ozark Mountain, Daredevils, Montross , ect. Always like the lesser played progressive stuff. Like Barkley James Harvest for example. You can go on Youtube and search KSHE classics and here all this old great non top 40 music all in a lump of maybe 100 songs at once. Rock on !

1723918981567.png

Last edited:
I grew up in the St. Louis area and listened to a station Called KSHE95. still there doing their thing . But back in the 70s they played and called their self Progressive Rock Radio. They would bring in up and coming new regional bands such as REO, Styx, Ozark Mountain, Daredevils, Montross , ect. Always like the lesser played progressive stuff. Like Barkley James Harvest for example. You can go on Youtube and search KSHE classics and here all this old great non top 40 music all in a lump of maybe 100 songs at once. Rock on !

View attachment 1716290627
I really think we were robbed by top 40 in the 60s and 70s basically until FM radio became popular. It was like the mafia that controlled who got air play and who didn't. If you bought albums you got to bypass that.

Not meaning to offend, I've always thought country music was rock, twenty years late. To me country from the '90s, sounds like pop rock of the '70s as far as the instrument and vocal styles go, and through the decades country seems to shadow rock by twenty years. Just my perception, and I haven't listened to enough country to know otherwise.

I agree there is good music from every era and genre, but it seems to have grown very sparse, and modern pop has very little real talent, and what there is gets buried under marketing hype.

Me? I was always a heavy metal kid. I'm in my late 60's and still listen to it, and a smoking guitar solo really gets me pumped!

Back to the OP's topic though, as far as how a person feels inside I have to say that growing up is over-rated. And though I'm still rockin' and drag racing a 9-second car, my body regularly reminds me I'm not 25 any more - yet my inner self will argue the point!
No offense taken at all, interesting perspective actually! I feel most of us who have joined this post seem to have a very similar outlook.

Agreed @cpearce ! Lots of commonality here. On road trips I put my IPod on shuffle. I can go straight from Nugent Stranglehold to Beethoven then to David Allan Coe. I like good music and there is a lot of it! And of course the obligatory Zepplin album cover, tattooed on my arm! And yes I still listen to it loud!

Agreed @cpearce ! Lots of commonality here. On road trips I put my IPod on shuffle. I can go straight from Nugent Stranglehold to Beethoven then to David Allan Coe. I like good music and there is a lot of it! And of course the obligatory Zepplin album cover, tattooed on my arm! And yes I still listen to it loud!
I listen to it loud too, but maybe that's because my hearing isn't what it used to be after years around race cars and very loud concerts. Deep Purple in the '70s comes to mind. :D
My son and I went to a Rush concert in 201X and I guess I'm not too old because it was not too loud! Jokes aside, that was one of the coolest father-son things ever.

Never could stand crap like limpbizkit or Megadeth, I despise Def LEPPARD OR GUNS N ROSES, Nirvana. At 57 I still like what others my age and my older brothers age (mid 60s)called "hippie music" I love Sirius classic vinyl

Gee, thanks for sharing,.......:rolleyes:
For the record, I heard plenty of live stoned out performances that sucked in the '60's & '70's, the idea that a decade was "great" or "sucked" is just childish. Maybe Your life sucked in the '90's, & You hate the music by association, I dunno......but there have been plenty of excellent bands, songs, & live performances through the '90's to now. It's not all My cup of tea, but some of it certainly is, I can't say I despise anything really....maybe anti-American gutter-rap,....but even then, that's the freedom of expression this Country guarantees, even if I find it wrong or disgusting...

I listen to it loud too, but maybe that's because my hearing isn't what it used to be after years around race cars and very loud concerts. Deep Purple in the '70s comes to mind. :D
My son and I went to a Rush concert in 201X and I guess I'm not too old because it was not too loud! Jokes aside, that was one of the coolest father-son things ever.
I think my brat was about 6 years old, the County Fair had Jimmy Buffett playing one night, family outing. 3 songs in she was dancing in the aisle. Instant Parrot Head. :lol: She's 38 now and listens to same XM that I do. Current talent that comes to mind, Zac Brown and Train.

Right there with you! Been a PF fan since I was about 5-6 years old.

454343400_10211781768856426_7776238537045760393_n.jpg

I can remember seeing Led Zeppelin at the Kiel in St. Louis. Blue Oyster Cult at the Danville Civic center with special guest Dokken with George Lynch. We went and caught Rush and the roadie missed the hand off on Closer to the Heart so Alex Lifeson played the whole song on the Mandolin. Black Sabbath with Dio at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago with April wine, 38 special with 2 drummers and the Hounds. That was a bizzare lineup, but Sabbath with Dio was exceptionally good. One of my favorite concerts was Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow with Ronnie James Dio. Frank Marino and Mahoghany Rush at the Arcada. Another good one was Lynch Mob and Steelheart at Mabels in Champaign. Most of these bands except Led Zeppelin we had the good fortune of seeing multiple times including Black Sabbath's last American tour with Ozzy. Judas Priest at least 3 times. I still listen to this music all the time on Ozzy's Boneyard. Long hair is out of the question as I don't have much left! If it's too loud you are too F'n old! So if the House is a rocking don't bother knocking and just come on in Mr. Hank Reardon!
Aragon Ball room...Man that place gets hot as hell during concerts.

Aragon Ball room...Man that place gets hot as hell during concerts.
The worst part was it was always general admission and they lined you up in the alley with the multilevel parking next door. I can remember people whipping empty Jack Daniels bottles and beer cans into the general admission line. If you are going to whip a Jack Daniels bottle into the crowd at least throw a full one...LOL That place has recently went through a complete restoration.

The worst part was it was always general admission and they lined you up in the alley with the multilevel parking next door. I can remember people whipping empty Jack Daniels bottles and beer cans into the general admission line. If you are going to whip a Jack Daniels bottle into the crowd at least throw a full one...LOL That place has recently went through a complete restoration.
It was general admission last time I was there around...2010. Saw Alice in Chains that night. About 4 songs into the show Jerry Cantrell stopped the concert and asked " Will somebody open the doors in here??? It's ******* hot!!!" It was early March and snowing sideways outside but felt like it was 1000 degrees in there...lol

It was general admission last time I was there around...2010. Saw Alice in Chains that night. About 4 songs into the show Jerry Cantrell stopped the concert and asked " Will somebody open the doors in here??? It's ******* hot!!!" It was early March and snowing sideways outside but felt like it was 1000 degrees in there...lol
I'm surprised he complained...for heaven's sake He is The Man In The Box...LOL

I can remember back in the 80's going to the Baha Beach club after a friend's wedding. We were walking downtown Chicago and it started snowing completely horizontal or sideways just like you remember and we were all hungry so we went in the Hamburger Hamlet. That was another awesome old building. All the ceiling fans were run by a large motor with a series of leather straps for drive belts. They should have sold that fan system to the Aragon!

I can remember back in the 80's going to the Baha Beach club after a friend's wedding. We were walking downtown Chicago and it started snowing completely horizontal or sideways just like you remember and we were all hungry so we went in the Hamburger Hamlet. That was another awesome old building. All the ceiling fans were run by a large motor with a series of leather straps for drive belts. They should have sold that fan system to the Aragon!
No joke. I remember being.."dressed for the weather"....it was so hot in there

No joke. I remember being.."dressed for the weather"....it was so hot in there
I would like to go to a show there after the renovation to see if that has improved and I was serious about the horizontal snowing. When we saw Blue Oyster Cult at the Danville civic center it was right after a hockey game so the floor wasn't covered. They had giant tarps to cover the ice. Now that was downright perfect to cool down a hot place full of people!

I'm sitting in my office thinking about my kid going off to trade school and how I magically got old overnight.
Then Limpbizkit break stuff starts playing and I instantly throw bith middle fingers in the air and start singing along. Jjust like I did when the song was new and I was a 20 something long haired mechanic.
Now at a lot closer to fifty with a lot less hair,a lot more forehead, working in an office wearing "business casual" I should probably modify my behavior. LoL
Never modify your behavior Hank, there's too many people who have lost their identity trying to be something else.
I am a death metal guy, and been that way since I was pre teen.
If I worked in an office I'd surely be the oddest person there lol & I don't care.

Hah! You think the 90's were bad?
I tried listening to some of the crap that came out the past ten years, even alot of the new "country" music nowadays is junk!
New country is junk **** rap music with white people

-
Back