Some things never change..

-
Reaction score
I still eat fruity pebbles, lucky charms,pops etc....
I still have a 'desert compartment' after saying Im already full from dinner....
I still watch cartoons, 'adult cartoons'
I still play with my 'toys'-mopars/drums

And I just bought a skateboard that I had when I was a kid..

Good or bad? I dont know...lol

anyone else suffer?

Attachments

• Photo 940.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 218
A skateboard with a pentagram. That's scary.

The pentacle would be the one to be weary of..LOL

pentagram 'no circle' gets associated with the the pentacle 'with circle' by most.

It's an old early 80's Dog Town board, made with/by/for the band Suicidal Tendencies, whom of which mike muir/mike clark/grant/louiche/amery all skateboarded and rode the local favorite=DOGTOWN.
They made movies about the company and it's founders.

It's a cool board.....I never got into skateboardin. I tried. I fell.

First time I broke my leg was on a skateboard in the 4th grade-40 years ago. 2nd time was my motorcycle...same leg! Back then we had steel wheels on the skateboards and you had to sweep the concrete free of any and all small stones.

me too...when they were about the width of a 2x4 lol

First time I broke my leg was on a skateboard in the 4th grade-40 years ago. 2nd time was my motorcycle...same leg! Back then we had steel wheels on the skateboards and you had to sweep the concrete free of any and all small stones.

Yeah, my pop's gave my brother and I one of his old boards, it's 5-6'' wide,fiberglass, and had the narrow lil tracker trucks and clay like wheels.

The old trucks you can't change king pins in, without drilling that is..

I skated with a lot of pro's, before and after they were.
Mark gonzolas had a half pipe called the ark in fresno, him and ron chapman alen peterson and some of the zorlac crew would come hang and jam.
lots of comp's, before that it was the venice and LB scene, and even mcgill when he 1st opened the park in carlsbad, have the membership card in a drawer around here somewhere...

It's funny I just sat down at the computer with a bowl of Lucky Charms when I came across this thread. I hear you...I'll never leave behind the pleasures of a simpler time...sno-cones, hot dogs, bike riding, wandering the aisles of a hardware store or the rows of cars in a junkyard. There's bacon and real butter in my fridge, nothing in there has a picture of a heart on it, nothing 'diet' ever.

I had a DTS Baniak Bullet.

That was fun times scouring the valley looking for empty pools.

My family just shakes their heads every time I bring a new toy home whether it's a mini-bike, 4 wheeler, scooter etc. We all play on them, then they go on to a new family so that I can buy more!!!

I also eat cereal on a regular basis (cocoa crispies) and watch adult cartoons (Archer on FX is smart & stupid at the same time)!!!

Hell, I'm watching Scooby Doo right now....and I still love all the cereal I ate when I was a child.

I had a DTS Baniak Bullet.

That was fun times scouring the valley looking for empty pools.

Check these out.
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=894

http://www.squidoo.com/vintageskateboards

http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=300

I used to have the aaron murray model along with the vision psycho stick & steadham/lucero/natas/hosoi/roskop/danforth....the list go's on....seriously had at least 80 different decks in my skateboard days.

Attachments

• AaronMurray_DogTown.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 173
  • BD0V27C-BL-1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 152
  • BDSI010RedC-1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 150
  • D11111446-40021C-1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 160
  • detail_17048_DogTownStoneFishReissueDeckTN.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 134
  • thumb_2287_visionpsychostickdeckblueTn.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 140
I refuse to grow up. I come home after a day helping someone move or something and think why am i so tired, oh yeah, i am 45, still young in my mind i guess.

I still watch the old 70's shows, and eat Life and Capt Crunch, eat oreo cookies and milk, have chocolate chip cookies and milk.

My parents grew up in the south, both in farm country, where you had breakfast, lunch and dinner at a certain time.

When we go stay with them at one of their condos or go on a trip, they still have the same schedule as we did when growing up. Gotta have breakfast, gotta have lunch at 12, even though breakfast was only a hr before, gotta have dinner at 5, no matter what. I cant stand that.

One thing they did stop though, my dad worked at Boeing for 35 yrs, 1960 to 1995, he was part of generation before baby boomers, what ever that is called. I remember growing up, until i was about 12 or so, he got home at 5, read the paper (like everyone in that generation) and had a Gin and Tonic or a Gimlet.

I think he stopped that when we became teenagers because they didnt want us to think having a drink after work was the normal thing. Kinda glad that stopped.

Duder!!! Real Skateboards. The DTS you pictured is badass,also like the Suicidal one. I used to have a DTS board that my sister painted Bart Simpson on it skating a pool,whish I still had it.

My parents grew up in the south, both in farm country, where you had breakfast, lunch and dinner at a certain time.

As a kid I remember visiting relatives with farms and ranches in Utah and Wyoming. None of them ever ate lunch or dinner. To them lunch was "dinner" and dinner was "supper".
But, as you said, meals were at a certain time every day. Especially "dinner" at noon because everything was scheduled so they and all the hired hands stopped and ate at the same time. "Dinner" was the big meal of the day; "supper" was a light meal after the work day was done. Breakfast was always more than just a bowl of cereal or piece of toast because you had to make do with the energy from breakfast all the way to "dinner" at noon. Coffee breaks? No such thing as any break got in the way of the workday that was pretty much dawn to dusk.

Duder!!! Real Skateboards. The DTS you pictured is badass,also like the Suicidal one. I used to have a DTS board that my sister painted Bart Simpson on it skating a pool,whish I still had it.

Yeah...that aaron murray is one of my favorites, but the DTS suicidal is classic thrasher magazine right there, I miss the old thrasher mail order back pages where they had all the decks/shirts/posters/tapes&records....the old days.

As a kid I remember visiting relatives with farms and ranches in Utah and Wyoming. None of them ever ate lunch or dinner. To them lunch was "dinner" and dinner was "supper".
But, as you said, meals were at a certain time every day. Especially "dinner" at noon because everything was scheduled so they and all the hired hands stopped and ate at the same time. "Dinner" was the big meal of the day; "supper" was a light meal after the work day was done. Breakfast was always more than just a bowl of cereal or piece of toast because you had to make do with the energy from breakfast all the way to "dinner" at noon. Coffee breaks? No such thing as any break got in the way of the workday that was pretty much dawn to dusk.

Sounds about right. My mom grew up on a farm, which is probably why eating times are scheduled.

Breakfast was always eggs, bacon, or pancakes or waffles or french toast, toast etc, LUNCH TIME!!!! "What, your not hungry"?

I still build model cars like I did when I was a kid
I still listen to cassettes,watch movies on VHS
Sometimes I play old Atari games on my 2600 Emulator on my pc(space invaders!)
Or I play Galaga,Super Mario,Donkey Kong,Centipede,Missile Command,Spy Hunter on my MAME Arcade Emulator(miss arcades =( )
Count Chocula like when I was younger,although I wish the other monster cereals came out more other than during Halloween
Still catch myself in the toy section at Wal-Mart(I have a huge hot wheels collection)
I have the original Megatron and Optimus Prime,although they are falling apart. old Transformers!!
My favorite snack is still Chocodiles and a Pepsi,although I cant find Chocodiles anywhere =(

I do alot of things I did when I was younger still

Except I pull my chain alot less =D

-
Back