Someone needs to start re-casting 340 blocks

-
I have a few R3s stashed away, otherwise I would defiantly be using the Ritter block for my w8/w9 stuff.
I just watched a couple of w8/9 videos... that stuff is insane.. 900+hp 9k+ rpm... just wtf :)

The volume would be the problem.

I was at Ritter's place 3 or 4 years ago, at that time he told me was into his block program for $250k and I know they went through a 3rd revision after that. So he has easily sunk $300k in the project.

The problems are largely resolved now.
I bet if they had ready to go short blocks to go for each of the popular top end choices in that market, they would be in higher demand with credit card builders.

I bet if they had ready to go short blocks to go for each of the popular top end choices in that market, they would be in higher demand with credit card builders.
Problem with that is you would end up with 100k more in product sitting around hoping someone wants the combo you pre-built... then warranty issues cause of people blowing **** up and trying to blame the shortblock (that's why blueprint doesn't sell shortblocks) just a lot of headache..

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I’m not sure how old you are but in my lifetime the Chrysler guys were and are the worst at spending money.

If blocks were 2k they might, MIGHT sell 10% more. Maybe.

This forum is a great benchmark to see how people think. At 2k a pop, I’d bet 90% of the guys on this forum would never buy one. Probably wouldn’t even consider it.

Then the cheapskates will come along and say if the block was only 2k I’d buy two of them.

The reality is most saying that still won’t buy a block. The value of used blocks would drop. They would then say why should I spend 2k on a block when I can get a 360 for a hundred bucks.

Seen and heard it before.

I dunno. I’m buying a Ritter block soon. **** cost what **** costs. It ain’t gettin cheaper. I’d be happy as long as **** is available. The unavailability is what pisses me off.

I dunno. I’m buying a Ritter block soon. **** cost what **** costs. It ain’t gettin cheaper. I’d be happy as long as **** is available. The unavailability is what pisses me off.

And it’s not just blocks. It’s hard to get even simple stuff any more.

if you believe that, you'd best to pack your bindle and hit the rails. this ain't the place for a fella of your likes!
I hope that I'm wrong about this, but why else would they make getting parts harder to get? Sometimes I have a bad habit of thinking out loud

if you believe that, you'd best to pack your bindle and hit the rails. this ain't the place for a fella of your likes!
Look what they tried to do with the older cars and emissions, how many performance parts that are supposedly legal for street use. Isn't there a lot of restrictions on modifications on the older cars in california or is that fake too? I hope that it is

I hope that I'm wrong about this, but why else would they make getting parts harder to get? Sometimes I have a bad habit of thinking out loud
who is this "they" you speak of? if anything there's MORE parts available now than there ever has been.

what is getting harder to get?
(please submit a list in haiku form only)

Look what they tried to do with the older cars and emissions, how many performance parts that are supposedly legal for street use. Isn't there a lot of restrictions on modifications on the older cars in california or is that fake too? I hope that it is
there is only emissions rules for cars that are 1976 and newer. anything before that, they could hardly give a crap about. and even for the stuff that has to face the smog test gauntlet, if your stuff runs clean (and it should) it's a non issue.

it's *slightly* more nuanced than that, but it's not like we're out here crushing 70's cars like it's 1994 1/2

who is this "they" you speak of? if anything there's MORE parts available now than there ever has been.

there is only emissions rules for cars that are 1976 and newer. anything before that, they could hardly give a crap about. and even for the stuff that has to face the smog test gauntlet, if your stuff runs clean (and it should) it's a non issue.

it's *slightly* more nuanced than that, but it's not like we're out here crushing 70's cars like it's 1994 1/2
Don't mean to sound disrespectful here, but I can't tell you how many times I've read on this forum that somebody was having a hard time finding a part. It wasn't to long ago that someone said something about not being able to find a camshaft thrust plate for a sbm.

We both know that a car that has been modified for performance, doesn't have much of a chance passing a tail pipe test

Don't mean to sound disrespectful here, but I can't tell you how many times I've read on this forum that somebody was having a hard time finding a part. It wasn't to long ago that someone said something about not being able to find a camshaft thrust plate for a sbm.
for some rare trim bit or super specific one year only doo-dad or whatzit? sure, stuff can be hard to come by. and, yeah a bunch of stuff isn't made because there is no market for it, or it's just not profitable.

but the parts are out there. you just have to have the drive and tenacity to find them and willingness to open your wallet when the time comes.

We both know that a car that has been modified for performance, doesn't have much of a chance passing a tail pipe test
i'm not going to carry on this conversation. you are clearly, woefully misinformed and misguided; and you will never, ever smog a car in california.

mainly because you don't live here, but also because that would entail actually buying a car first.

i'm not going to carry on this conversation. you are clearly, woefully misinformed and misguided; and you will never, ever smog a car in california.

mainly because you don't live here, but also because that would entail actually buying a car first.
Just a question if I can. Does california have tail pipe emissions still? Hopefully soon enough I will

Dan was talking about going to see some 318 car last week an hour away with air conditioning, but haven't heard if he came home with it yet, but I hope he did!

Just a question if I can. Does california have tail pipe emissions still? Hopefully soon enough I will

everything you could ever want to know is but a click away on teh google machine!

but here you go:

if you have further questions please submit them via written form, on a series of birthday cards (humorous preferred) to my office. my secretary will vet the submissions and i will reply via transponder to only the very best of the bunch.

There were massive supply chain issues for 2 years non stop... then when supplies come back to make parts, LS are getting made first.. then SB chevy.. then ford, then SB ford.. and eventually mopar... it's not a huge conspiracy. Mopar guys are usually way down the list just before anything AMC..

Also.. you can build anything you want in Cali as long as it's X years old..

We’re they supposed to manufacture different mains for each applications?
To answer that question, it's done by the mfrs., Chevy C010 blocks are large main 4" bore blocks. For everything from the 302" Z engine to HD blocks in trucks, so yeah, they do.......

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I’m not sure how old you are but in my lifetime the Chrysler guys were and are the worst at spending money.

If blocks were 2k they might, MIGHT sell 10% more. Maybe.

This forum is a great benchmark to see how people think. At 2k a pop, I’d bet 90% of the guys on this forum would never buy one. Probably wouldn’t even consider it.

Then the cheapskates will come along and say if the block was only 2k I’d buy two of them.

The reality is most saying that still won’t buy a block. The value of used blocks would drop. They would then say why should I spend 2k on a block when I can get a 360 for a hundred bucks.

Seen and heard it before.
That right there is gospel's truth..........

To answer that question, it's done by the mfrs., Chevy C010 blocks are large main 4" bore blocks. For everything from the 302" Z engine to HD blocks in trucks, so yeah, they do.......
Far as I know Chevy changed whatever year from 2.30" to 2.45" mains not that a car 327 came with 2.30" and a truck 327 came with 2.45".

-
Back