"Something in the Orange"

-
Just got back in from taking it up the Wynoochee, back down the Wishkaw, and back up the Chehalis with my daughter. She slept most of the way. It sounds and feels great! I often thought that circuit would be a lot of fun in orange car but must admit it’s better with one that’s much tighter w/ bigger brakes! Save for the farm truck using both lanes at one point, it was still a nice ride.

Replaced the horn relay and the air pump after the aforementioned short burned both up and the horn workED great. Then when I bumped the turn signal lever it honked again …. Grrr
At least I know precisely where that short is now but that’s the second switch I’ve put in there in as many years…. Ground wire off of the relay for now. I wanted to get some miles on it while the sun was shining.

Finally, while buttoning the dash back up I had an epiphany for my crummy dash pad:
View attachment 1716240219

Painted original burgundy pad with bulls eye that predates me. I sanded the high spots off, filled the cracks with shoe goo, masked up the interior and shot it all down with undercoat!
Some of these repairs are “temporary” right? It beats staring at that spot I’ve had since 2011 anymore.

View attachment 1716240225
What d’ya think?
Looks great!

Cley

picked little dude up from kindergarten Tuesday with orange car. I think I got some dad points on that one. AND then the rain came back. Looks like at least a week of it so….

5C07E713-9EF9-4BA3-9EA2-8D09633ABB01.jpeg

It looks like the bolt to the turn signal lever had worked itself out a skosch and was making contact with the back of the steering wheel hub and closing the horn circuit.

EFA20F45-F597-4561-9C02-4B646015AD32.jpeg

See that second set of marks further out from center? I reckon I have to use some locktite on that and one of the retaining ring screws. The pot metal threads in the column are crapping out! Not sure what to do just yet. TBC…

-
Back