Something you never want to see on a scan of your wife's lung

-
Hi Guys. finally made it home to try and catch a few zzz's and get back in the morning. I'll be brief cause i'm kinda exhausted. The surgery ended up being 5 1/2hrs. Spoke to the surgeon right after and he was thrilled with the results. First op down along the esophogus showed all clean lymph nodes:thumrigh:. The major op for the lobe removal was also sucessful although he did remove and restructure part of the broncus. Bottom line is, he feels she is now cancer free. Now comes the painful recovery part. She's on about 5 drips with multiple pain killers, fluids, antibiotics and some kind of booster button she can push when the pain is extreme. Also the chest tubes for air & fluid drainage are connected to a box that allows a visual and measurement of what comes out. There is also these sleeves on her lower legs conected to a electric compressor to prevent fluid buildup and clots while her mobility is limited and a catheter. With that said, this afternoon they got her up and she was able to walk behind a wheelchair down the hall a bit. Very painful but a good sign only 24 hours out.....I said i'd be brief....lol.

Anyway, just want to give props to the power of the FABO family for all the prayers, thoughts and help that all of you provide. Sadly, we can't save everyone as a higher power clearly has other plans for some. But we have a pretty good track record and i plan to give all the support i can for anyone that needs it down the road. Thanks everyone, and i'll be back when i get a few moments.

Don't blame her one bit for being PO'd. What a sorry *** way to run a place. It's not like this is elective surgery or anything like that. BTW would the HR woman be named Dogbert. (lol) What's the name of this outfit so we can put it on the "Mr. Badguy" list of people not to patronize?

Thanks for the updates. Prayers continue.

Thanks 2 Darts, this actually brought a chuckle to me as i hope none of us ever have to use this place regardless........

Hallmark Healthcare Center....Summerville, Sc..... It's a nursing home and rehab. facility.......lol.

Great news Rick! prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Great news Rick! What a great way to start my day hearing that Linda is doing so good.
I'm a believer in the power of prayer. And a really good doctor helps too!

Well, there's been some up's and downs over the last few days. Respiratory fuction has been a little behind, but the drain tubes have cleared and today they decided to pull all the tubes and electronics and see how she did. Pain will now be controlled strictly by oral meds. Had a slight fever, but doing decent as of this afternoon. There's a good possibility she will be released tomorrow. I just hope it's not too soon. Have to give the experts the benifit of the doubt, so we'll see how it goes. I think as long as the seeping from the drain tube holes stops, i can handle it. The main deal when she gets home will be keeping her on a breathing rehab schedule to make sure there is minimal fluid buildup to fight the risk of pneumonia. I'll try to keep in touch and i can't wait to think about car issues again, instead of this poopoo.......lol.

Well, there's been some up's and downs over the last few days. Respiratory fuction has been a little behind, but the drain tubes have cleared and today they decided to pull all the tubes and electronics and see how she did. Pain will now be controlled strictly by oral meds. Had a slight fever, but doing decent as of this afternoon. There's a good possibility she will be released tomorrow. I just hope it's not too soon. Have to give the experts the benifit of the doubt, so we'll see how it goes. I think as long as the seeping from the drain tube holes stops, i can handle it. The main deal when she gets home will be keeping her on a breathing rehab schedule to make sure there is minimal fluid buildup to fight the risk of pneumonia. I'll try to keep in touch and i can't wait to think about car issues again, instead of this poopoo.......lol.

We will keep praying for you both

So how is the Mrs.? Might want to contact your local EEOC office about the crap with her employment, that sounds kind of shady. Anyway, hope the Mrs. & you are doing well.

Good to read the surgery appears successful.

Hope she does well with the rest of her recovery and rehab.

Sounds like thing are moving in the right direction. Excellent. Keep your spirits up!!!

-
Back