Spare Motors...gotta have a couple.

-
Dang... I can't believe you're going to dump that thing lol... did you remove the brake proportioning valve and disc brakes? Wheels?

Did all of your engine parts come in?

Waiting on new adjusters for the rockers...Thursday

Once the car is on the trailer I will drop the front K member...which includes the disc brakes....power steering box.

Once i got the bench seats out...and beat the dust out of them....they are very nice set of seats..

Bought these off ebay earlier this week...I like cast aluminum valve covers for the race engines and the mp are not making them anymore and everyone wants 200+ for them....

made by ansen...says made in USA on box...dont know if that means the box was made in the usa..LOL

They need to be cleared just like the MP valve covers where they go over the intake manifold, but they cover with baffles installed and those breather with rubber grommets that fit.
99 dollars with free shipping....
I like them.....they also have black ones....

20210114_111513_resized.jpg

20210114_111523_resized.jpg

Mopar cast aluminum valve covers are still currently available but they changed the part number. Kit part number P5007611AB with two covers is no longer available but single cover for LA is available as part number P4532023AB.

In the photo...look at the blue part of the hoist on the floor...you can see burn marks...lol

and my bucket
Good thing you did not throw water on it, it would have just spread the fire around.

When I ordered the Magnum style covers as the new part numbers, each one had baffles and baffle screws but did not have grommets or full caps.

MoPar still makes the magnum valve cover? Sold under a single part number? What part number would that be? Thanks.

I tried a pair of fabricated valve covers they had no gasket rail on the bottom and kept blowing the gasket out. I went back to the cast aluminum ones I have had for many years with no leaks. I " customized " them on a Bridgeport to remove the fins for a different look. The Magnum valve covers are still available as I bought a pair a few years ago for the 5.2 in my D150. I just got back from the machine shop myself checking on my spare 363 ( 360 Magnum block, 30 over / W2 heads ) I am having it redone from 11.5 to 1 compression to 9 1/2 to 1 compression for pump gas plus it had over 1,000 runs on it still ran good but was tired.

71F8F5F5-A49D-4464-9B3B-AD5A1D1DDE15.jpeg

AB23878D-9F28-496C-8244-AA80AE241C2E.jpeg

Last edited:
MoPar still makes the magnum valve cover? Sold under a single part number? What part number would that be? Thanks.

Magnum part number should be P4532621.

I found this out a while back when searching for different things on Hughesengines.com. Glad they were able to find the new numbers.

I like how those plain cast covers look, that 70aarcuda has. But machining off the fins like BVoelzke would be cool too.

The Magnum valve covers are still available as I bought a pair a few years ago for the 5.2 ......
A few years ago? *I Think* you may want to update that some.
There not available anymore on Summit.
Where have you seen them lately?

I ordered mine from Tascaparts.com just to see if the order would go through a few months ago when I found the new part number. It worked and they were shipped from Mopar Performance.
Actually they shipped from Michigan to Tasca on the east coast and then sent to me back in Michigan. I guess they did not drop ship. Lol.

I don’t think anybody was notified of the drastic part number change. Not superseded, just changed, making old number no longer available. Summit could order them, being a Mopar Performance dealer, but they don’t know to list the new number.

Sorry my bad, I got mine from Todd at Marsh Performance in 2017. but he no longer lists them on his website you could call him and see 336-283-0800

Last edited:
Pretty much done....going to back off the rockers ...the valves are adjusted...twice...

I think I am pretty much done with spares....although I got one magnum short block ..thinking about making some changes to it....
need to take a second look at the hydraulic roller camshaft in it and if I want to change it.......

20210115_130912_resized.jpg

20210115_130924_resized.jpg

Pretty much done....going to back off the rockers ...the valves are adjusted...twice...

I think I am pretty much done with spares....although I got one magnum short block ..thinking about making some changes to it....
need to take a second look at the hydraulic roller camshaft in it and if I want to change it.......

View attachment 1715670839

View attachment 1715670840

I have a feeling when you get your new engine toy you're going to be testing out different combinations more often :poke::popcorn:

Hoping to hear from those guys in the next week.....excited about getting it.....

-
Back