Speedmaster heads are on and running.....

-
You'll really have some numbers when you change cam, gearing, converter, and put some thin head gaskets on it.

Lookin forward to the track results!!

I like that you didn’t change anything else on the combo.

I think the 13.3’s out of it with the stock heads, tiny cam, and 2.94’s was fantastic.
Anything beyond that is just a bonus........ and if it actually dips into the 12’s...... that’ll really be something.
I gained a solid 4 mph in between my markings on the back road (less than a 1/4 mile, maybe 900 ft ?) My speedometer is pretty still in that car too, so it's easy to see the gains. Tried it twice. It seems it wants more fuel since the head swap. I stomped it hard out of the hole today and got a lean snap (never ever did that before), but it launched hard with a dead hook and was gone!

If I understand right, we are having bracket racing plus tnt tomorrow. I think I'll have a slice of that pie, perhaps by tomorrow afternoon the jury will be in on what the difference the SM heads made! I'm excited, love stuff like this :)

If I understand right, we are having bracket racing plus tnt tomorrow. I think I'll have a slice of that pie, perhaps by tomorrow afternoon the jury will be in on what the difference the SM heads made! I'm excited, love stuff like this :)

We will need a youtube video you know....

Hey wait a minute!? you mean my Speedmaster heads won't improve anything but his will?...
I think you'll see a gain. Obviously your ported heads with 2.02's were much more up to the task than my stock 360 heads, but I still think you'll see gain. You have a lot more cam than I have, and I don't think my small cam is allowing the heads to go full potential.

Headed to the track yet? Lol

My honest guess was 12.9's. I was wrong. 13.13. 60ft stayed the same 1.86. Lost 1st round of trophy by 500th of a second. Had some difficulties.... Rain delay, car was lean and I got it to quit snapping by moving the acc pump cam to #2, not sure it isn't pulling vacuum from between ports or something.

101. I feel I could have ported the stock heads and got that 2.5 tenths. Those heads need more cam than what I have.
You could have ported the cast irons, that's a no brainer. but 2.5 with no cam change is pretty good.

-
Back