speedmaster stuff pulled from Summit racing shelves

-
My stealth's don't look stock.

should look a lot more stockish then the others.. Stealth Aluminum Cylinder Head - COMPLETE - SINGLE HEAD

1713443865005.png

I personally have never bought anything from Speedmaster refuse to let my friends buy anything from Speedmaster and think it's junk... China will steal anything .... If You Let Em...Really would hate to pop one of my hoods and see that generic name

I personally have never bought anything from Speedmaster refuse to let my friends buy anything from Speedmaster and think it's junk... China will steal anything .... If You Let Em...Really would hate to pop one of my hoods and see that generic name

Then you know that includes ProMax, Sidewinder, BPE, Dr J, and 6/7 other names.

Since you seem to have a good understanding of patient laws you know the the Mopar Edelbrock rpm heads have been out for a long long time. Are they protected forever from a company like Speedmaster that come along and copies a copy of a stock head that has been cast in aluminum instead of cast iron like a stock head.

I don't think they were ever patented in the first place and protection would be near non-existent. But I do know it's not a copy of a stock head, the castings between aluminum and iron have to be internally different for multiple reasons.
But to me, copying them with the sole intent of undercutting their price would be no different than me 3d scanning someone else's head-porting efforts and then offering "CNC" ported heads at half the cost. It's legal, but a dick move IMO.

For what it's worth, Speedmaster isn't machining Edelbrock's logo on the side of their heads like they are with the guy's copycat valvebodies.

So I wonder if Speedmaster will
Have a Black Fourth of July 40% off sale to stabilize business. I would like to buy one of those new single plain small block Mopar intakes to play with.

For what it's worth, Speedmaster isn't machining Edelbrock's logo on the side of their heads like they are with the guy's copycat valvebodies.

Speedmaster really f'd up with that. That's what happens when you don't have control over your factory in China, and you don't have proper QA to make sure the products going to customers are what you expect them to be.

There are companies that make some good stuff in foreign lands, but usually they have people on the ground in that country to make sure things are done right.

It's about time!!! Copyright infringement by the Chinese has got to stop!!! Why doesn't our government step in and stop it? I recently bought what looks like Genuine MOPAR Branded fuel filters for my Cummins Diesel Ram and they're counterfeit Right down to the trade mark on the box!! Total Bullshit they can get away with it.

At least Summit has the integrity to pull the product

So I wonder if Speedmaster will
Have a Black Fourth of July 40% off sale to stabilize business. I would like to buy one of those new single plain small block Mopar intakes to play with.

This mess has the potential to cripple SM's business.

Summit is huge... if Summit dropped them for whatever reason and nobody ever heard about any counterfeit SM products, it would severely impact SM's sales. But we have heard about the counterfeit SM products, so they are dealing with being dropped by one of the largest distributors in the world AND being accused of counterfeiting products.

I can't wait to hear what SM ultimately says about this.

I am thinking that the Eddy head is cast in China as well.
Agreed. IMO, Edelbrock has been casting overseas for years, but no one wants to believe their beloved Edelbrock would do such a thing. They're a corporation just like the rest and are looking to make a buck just like everybody else.

I was saying this the other week when I stated I was having my J heads rebuilt and got bombarded with the usual expert opinion of " not worth it Sped masters are the same money" I said "what happens when all of a sudden Chinese isn't available any more..." welp ...here we are :)
Might want to start supporting your local machine shops, once they are gone its over...

Last edited:
for whatever it's worth... this is what their websites brag .. i copied and paste
"Edelbrock Performance Cylinder Heads are indeed made in the USA, offering top-notch quality and performance. Crafted from A356 aluminum"

they also used the term "USA state of the art foundry" and it's in San Jacinto, CA. They say it's located there strategically for the climate to help the molding process.

Last edited:
It's about time!!! Copyright infringement by the Chinese has got to stop!!! Why doesn't our government step in and stop it? I recently bought what looks like Genuine MOPAR Branded fuel filters for my Cummins Diesel Ram and they're counterfeit Right down to the trade mark on the box!! Total Bullshit they can get away with it.

At least Summit has the integrity to pull the product

I'm sure we have all been burned like that, and I'm sure sometimes the copy was so good we didn't even know it. I would guess your fuel filter was sourced from somewhere like fleaBay? Probably not Summit or any truly reputable distributor.

But this is exactly why Summit had to drop them. Who knows where this stuff is actually coming from? The distributor definitely should know before they decide to sell it. And if they get bamboozled or make a mistake then they need to take action, just like Summit did. Summit's name and good standing in the industry is more important than their relationship with one supplier.

for whatever it's worth... this is what their websites brag .. i copied and paste
"Edelbrock Performance Cylinder Heads are indeed made in the USA, offering top-notch quality and performance. Crafted from A356 aluminum"

they also used the term "USA state of the art foundry" and it's in San Jacinto, CA. They say it's located there strategically for the climate to help the molding process.
Here is their facility, however, I do not know where the aluminum comes from... but so much raw metals come from overseas.
Edelbrock Foundry: Expanding the Horizons of Aluminum Casting Education | Drag Illustrated | Drag Racing News, Opinion, Interviews, Photos, Videos and More

Here is their facility, however, I do not know where the aluminum comes from... but so much raw metals come from overseas.
Edelbrock Foundry: Expanding the Horizons of Aluminum Casting Education | Drag Illustrated | Drag Racing News, Opinion, Interviews, Photos, Videos and More

Due to environmental and emissions laws, places in CA, Oregon and WA rely on recycled material to reduce some of the energy overhead of blending their own alloys. A356 is also used in most every automotive application and so getting recycled material domestically isn't tough.
Most raw aluminum in the USA is imported from Canada while bauxite (alumina ore) is imported from many more overseas locations. Bauxite is mined in the USA, but accounts for 1% or less of the market.

This mess has the potential to cripple SM's business.

Summit is huge... if Summit dropped them for whatever reason and nobody ever heard about any counterfeit SM products, it would severely impact SM's sales. But we have heard about the counterfeit SM products, so they are dealing with being dropped by one of the largest distributors in the world AND being accused of counterfeiting products.

I can't wait to hear what SM ultimately says about this.

Speedmaster has 1000’s of employees across America and if you would ever see there trailers across America you would understand what an effect this could have on many American families.

Speedmaster Joins Forces with NHRA to Ignite the Drag Racing Scene

Maybe I misunderstood the situation, but let's not kid ourselves....

Summit was willing to make money on sellout counterfeit ****, until their name got tied to sellout counterfeit ****.

**** China and **** Summit for dealing with them. The only thing that changed here is that someone got caught. You lie with dogs, you get fleas.

Screenshot_20240418-151017~2.png

Last edited:
Well see how many other companies/ventures/events drop Speedmaster, and they should. What they did was akin to banging someone's wife and sending the husband the video.

Lots of stuff I've been involved with has been knocked off overseas. The government knows, has the tools to mitigate it, but doesn't care.
Patents and copyright are useless to enforce anything to do with China. Getting a judgment is a long process and costly, collecting on a judgement is effectively impossible.
Customs enforcement used to try and enforce some IP protections but these days no one has any time for it.
That's why you can order machineguns and suppressors from wish.com..
China is unsafe for business, unsafe for customers.

Speedmaster has 1000’s of employees across America and if you would ever see there trailers across America you would understand what an effect this could have on many American families.

Speedmaster Joins Forces with NHRA to Ignite the Drag Racing Scene

NHRA needs to kill that deal. NOW.

Edit: for accuracy

Last edited:
-
Back