SRT/4 motor in my '65 Valiant?

-
I like the idea of the Concorde/Intrepid 3.5 in a early A Body. Wonder if a 904 wouyld bolt up to it?

I wanted to share with those who might be interested. I have adaptor plates already made up and proven to work to mate up a SRT-4 2.4L to a Torqueflite 904 transmission. The ears on the plate are large enough to use as a mid plate, and can be cut to fit your specific application. We are getting ready to start our own project using this plate. I will post a for sale ad here on FABO for those interested in purchasing one. You can also send me a Pm. Here are some pictures of the plate.

Attachments

• DSCN2469.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCN2470.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCN2471.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCN2472.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCN2473.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCN2474.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 360
I wanted to share with those who might be interested. I have adaptor plates already made up and proven to work to mate up a SRT-4 2.4L to a Torqueflite 904 transmission. The ears on the plate are large enough to use as a mid plate, and can be cut to fit your specific application. We are getting ready to start our own project using this plate. I will post a for sale ad here on FABO for those interested in purchasing one. You can also send me a Pm. Here are some pictures of the plate.

What car are you putting it in? I am interested in seeing how well it performs.

What car are you putting it in? I am interested in seeing how well it performs.
We are going to be putting it a 64 valiant wagon. We will be performing many modifications to the exterior of the car, I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet tho lol. Performance wise, we are shooting for around 500 rwhp, which will be fairly easily atainable with the potent srt4 motor. The car will be used as a marketing tool for our shop, and will serve double duty as a street and strip car. Keep your eyes peeled!

We are going to be putting it a 64 valiant wagon. We will be performing many modifications to the exterior of the car, I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet tho lol. Performance wise, we are shooting for around 500 rwhp, which will be fairly easily atainable with the potent srt4 motor. The car will be used as a marketing tool for our shop, and will serve double duty as a street and strip car. Keep your eyes peeled!

I can't wait to see the details when you are done.

Our thoughts exactly. And we are all about being different. This car will showcase what our shop is possible of producing, and will not disappoint!

I agree. But most likely not something I can afford to do any time soon.

Go for it! Rapidtransitric will probably chime in with a couple threads hes located eventually. lol Im sure theres a RWD tranny that shares the same bolt pattern as teh SRT's transaxle somewhere

Lol it was only a matter of time! The only thing I can say for certain that I would have done different with that swap, is I would have at least washed the engine bay first

Im sure theres a RWD tranny that shares the same bolt pattern as teh SRT's transaxle somewhere
Well the only transmission I am aware of that will bolt directly to it would be a 2.4L equipped jeep liberty five speed manual. But what from what I have read, that particular transmission is not very stout, and with the horsepower we are shooting for I dont think it would hold up very well. That, and I also want something thats consistant at the track. And I already have the adaptor plate for the 904! haha

cool thing about the turbocharged 4cyl mopars is they make just as much tourqe as they do HP. Before i cranked the boost up in my 3300lb 92 spirit r/t 17lbs of boost i made 297HP and 340ftlbs and that was with the cam timeing off a tooth that i later found out. I havnt made it to the dyno since but i did run a 12.1 @ 115 1.87 60ft super rich high 10afr and coasted thru the traps "popped headgasket" and all this was done on 2cyls haveing 90psi comp just figured i would run it till something happend like the headgasket. sounds like a sweet project

-
Back