SRT/4 motor in my '65 Valiant?

-
Well the only transmission I am aware of that will bolt directly to it would be a 2.4L equipped jeep liberty five speed manual. But what from what I have read, that particular transmission is not very stout, and with the horsepower we are shooting for I dont think it would hold up very well. That, and I also want something thats consistant at the track. And I already have the adaptor plate for the 904! haha
also 2.4l jeep waranglers auto & five speed,2005 i think was the first year

I wanted to share with those who might be interested. I have adaptor plates already made up and proven to work to mate up a SRT-4 2.4L to a Torqueflite 904 transmission. The ears on the plate are large enough to use as a mid plate, and can be cut to fit your specific application. We are getting ready to start our own project using this plate. I will post a for sale ad here on FABO for those interested in purchasing one. You can also send me a Pm. Here are some pictures of the plate.

I am very interested in that plate (except without the ears, adapter only) how much does it cost? and what flex plate would I use the srt one or the 904 one?

I knew this was going to happen. I started a thread a few months back asking if in 10 years will folks be swapping in v6 or 4 bangers in their A bodies

I want the plate for a 4 banger dakota, don't like the current out of date engine I'm sure MPFI and many engine upgrades will yeild more then 30 MPG

I think it would be sick to have a turbo charged SRT4 in a Abody!

But some of those newer V6's aren't bad- If you are just using it to slowly get to point A to point B and don't care about the lack of decent exhaust tone, 30 mpg at 65 mph might be nice, think how much father you could travel with it.

It be all custom welding job but doable. Heck a 2011 V6 Caddy suv engine and trans could be temping--if I got it for free, ha ha. It be so much work to fit in, yuck but I rather drive my older cars then those air bag death traps, IMO. I done T bone hits at 50 mph and walked away, long before air bags came about. Today I see people die in those impacts in these newer "safer" cars.

Mopar A bodies might not be top of the line to hold up in a crash but many Mopar B--C bodies are pretty darn safe in most wrecks, long as the frame/body isn't rusty. Those old police cars were banged up all the time and many times the cop was back on the road a few days later on.

-
Back