Stock 360 4bbl intake

-

74Scamp

Reaction score
Does anyone have flow numbers for a cast 4bbl 360 intake out of curiosity? I can only find ones for the 340 4bbl and I don’t know if they’re the same or not. I have this stock intake I got for free and I was gunna just port match the intake and use it to run my engine (360) until I get another intake later.

31ECD6AB-2B9A-40F5-942D-EB437A910301.jpeg

good intake. The factory cast TQ intakes will work with the best of them. You'll just have emissions with that intake vs the '72-73 intakes.

good intake. The factory cast TQ intakes will work with the best of them. You'll just have emissions with that intake vs the '72-73 intakes.
Yep I saw that and blocked off the EGR ports on it. I wasn’t sure how well these intakes did aside from the 50 lbs of weight they have lol Thank you.

The TQ carb styled intakes outflow the AFB AVS style intakes by just a little bit but they are essentially the same and take manifold.

It’s best to block the eye off on the plenum floor though the outside (driverside) should also be blocked off. The egr valve is only open when there is enough vacuum to open it. Tht would be during cruise and light throttle acceleration. At wide open throttle, it closes. No vacuum. If you have the egr valve intake, just leave the valve there and disconnect the vacuum line.

I saw that the 340 did but I didn’t know if the 360 followed or not. I did block the EGR port where the valve would sit and also blocked off the EGR port on the inside of the intake as well. Well I’m glad I now know the factory intake flows good.

I saw that the 340 did but I didn’t know if the 360 followed or not. I did block the EGR port where the valve would sit and also blocked off the EGR port on the inside of the intake as well. Well I’m glad I now know the factory intake flows good.
Now just fully port the heads and your ready to rumble!
LMAO

One more question, I don’t care how amateur it sounds, but is there a benefit to opening up the throat of the intake by taking down the divider?

One more question, I don’t care how amateur it sounds, but is there a benefit to opening up the throat of the intake by taking down the divider?
I think the consensus is the divider is more for low-end torque and open is more of a high-end deal.

I think the consensus is the divider is more for low-end torque and open is more of a high-end deal.
Makes sense then. I don’t know if a guy could meet in the middle and just cut it partially down for a little more flow or I may just leave it alone too.

Makes sense then. I don’t know if a guy could meet in the middle and just cut it partially down for a little more flow or I may just leave it alone too.
If I'm not mistaken that's how I've seen most of them done? Just about a half inch ground out of there.

I put one on the 360 in the power wagon I gave my son. I needed low end and left it alone.

If I'm not mistaken that's how I've seen most of them done? Just about a half inch ground out of there.
That’s probably what I’ll do. The intake might just stay on for the turbo so the more flow I can have without moving the rpm range too high would be my goal.

That’s probably what I’ll do. The intake might just stay on for the turbo so the more flow I can have without moving the rpm range too high would be my goal.
If you are running a square bore, I'd make the center divider "skinnier" to better match the square bore carb. I don't know i'd go down much with it. You'll be doing that somewhat anyways when you raise the carb a little with an adapter/2 gaskets.

If you are running a square bore, I'd make the center divider "skinnier" to better match the square bore carb. I don't know i'd go down much with it. You'll be doing that somewhat anyways when you raise the carb a little with an adapter/2 gaskets.
Isn't it a little late for you to be up giving advice?

What’s with the disagree? Didn’t like my joke....
All well.... shoot and a miss!

The killing of the divider was a legal cheat years back that did not allow the carb to be spaced upwards on the mandatory dual plane intake.

Opening up the plenum for more HP was the goal. I didn’t really miss any low end torque if it was lost on my build. I did notice a little more top end. The intake was a LD 340 carved for use with a TQ.

What’s with the disagree? Didn’t like my joke....
All well.... shoot and a miss!

The killing of the divider was a legal cheat years back that did not allow the carb to be spaced upwards on the mandatory dual plane intake.

Opening up the plenum for more HP was the goal. I didn’t really miss any low end torque if it was lost on my build. I did notice a little more top end. The intake was a LD 340 carved for use with a TQ.
Haha I got the joke, the disagree wasn’t for the joke, I just got other things to do yet before she rumbles. No bad feelings on my end.
I didn’t think low end TQ would be missed too much on these cars vs J par’s Ramcharger where TQ is more desired.

Yep I saw that and blocked off the EGR ports on it. I wasn’t sure how well these intakes did aside from the 50 lbs of weight they have lol Thank you.

I ran a '72 340 intake on my 318 with a thermoquad and it ran great!

-
Back