Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I spent the afternoon recreating an old 7 UP ad in my own style...

F46C13A3-CDA0-4BA8-ADE2-A66744964FF6.jpeg

Fun day, not so much. My lower back is yelling at me...
So my little clean up of the driveway resulted in snowblower being self destructive for second time.. The plastic scraper blade wore through and came loose and augers started to eat it the other day. (self destruct #1) I had a spare. Put that on...Well, it was not on right and is about half worn out and one end broken at the mounting hole. :BangHead: Of course it was right about noon that I discovered this. That being precisely the time every store with any chance of having one closes. :BangHead::BangHead: So, I got it rigged back on there that I think it will stay. If not will be looking for one Monday AM before I can clear off the mess we are supposed to get starting mid-day tomorrow. I did get the new rubber paddles on also. They were only a little bit of a pain in the azz. LOL
Hope it holds Keith
or better yet,
You don't need to run it.

What did it cost you to take the tree down? Did they remove everything, or? I have one out back that I would like to pay someone to just take down and clear the branches. I will cut it up and keep for firewood.

That one cost $1800 to have cut down... :eek:

thinking i should try the tig again.
Have to set up and try to figure out welding position. Left or right handed, dunno. I dont think im steady enough to manage it.
Mig?
I did reset the mig to factory and the smart mig setting worked much better. So wondering if something was way off.
I havent liked this welder much since new,so i need to figure it out.
Stick welding is nice,but i dont need it that much.

Well i think i took care of a small annoyance. Added a high flow water filter to the main line coming into house. The faucets would catch debris and flow would be reduced. Actually only one faucet,but it was time to fix. Will make the other filter last longer.
I cut the pipes from the ceramic filter and slipped on the shark bite stuff,slid pex into that, fabbed up a bracket and assembled. It was like lego, snapped it all together in a matter of minutes.

:soapbox:Today just worked out to a total waste of one of my few days off. Was busy all day and accomplished nothing that did me any good. My back was hurting, so did not go do painting side job I had planned. Possibly tomorrow or a couple mornings next week. Rodney called and said come on over, I'm gonna put your tire on. Was hoping to run the car up on the lift, install the tire and get a look underneath. F'n rim is bent. That's the one they had in trunk as a spare. But it matched the three on the car with good tires. So, now its another trip to the yard for a wheel. But if this storm does its thing, that will be at least later next week. I love parts pickin, but its a whole lot more fun in nicer weather.

Last edited:
:soapbox:Today just worked out to a total waste of one of my few days off. Was busy all day and accomplished nothing that did me any good. My back was hurting, so did not go do painting side job I had planned. Possibly tomorrow or a couple mornings next week. Rodney called and said come on over, I'm gonna put your tire on. Was hoping to run the car up on the lift, install the tire and get a look underneath. F'n rim is bent. That's the one they had in trunk as a spare. But it matched the three on the car with goot tires. So, now its another trip to the yard for a wheel. But if this storm does its thing, that will be at least later next week. I love parts pickin, but its a whole lot more fun in nicer weather.
Havent been “partin” in over 20 years. Not much for old stuff anywhere around here.

Havent been “partin” in over 20 years. Not much for old stuff anywhere around here.
It’s harder around here than in the past. That said. There are a few yards out there yet. About 90 percent of which think what they have is gold and going on a 100 point Barrett Jackson car. The other 10 percent are decent though

Way too early to tell since the storm is just hitting CA. But if you are inclined to believe the forcast -probably 6" here.
The forecast for here is bouncing around. Anything from 1-3” to 4-6”. The only thing they agree on is that it will likely be a heavy wet snow.

I may have to bring the electric snow blower up from the basement.

The forecast for here is bouncing around. Anything from 1-3” to 4-6”. The only thing they agree on is that it will likely be a heavy wet snow.

I may have to bring the electric snow blower up from the basement.
It may show up as wet snow, but we are barely going to break freezing all week . So, anything not removed, ya might be looking at for a while.

If anyone knows this, one of you all will. Ever heard of Westford Reserve Bourbon?

It may show up as wet snow, but we are barely going to break freezing all week . So, anything not removed, ya might be looking at for a while.
Yeah, same here. Going down to 15* Monday night. Get it removed or be prepared to deal with the block of ice until next weekend.

I cut the pipes from the ceramic filter and slipped on the shark bite stuff,slid pex into that, fabbed up a bracket and assembled. It was like lego, snapped it all together in a matter of minutes.
Those sharkbites are handy when there is no room, or its hard to drain the line. I like soldering but keep a couple shark bites handy for emergencies.

Yeah, same here. Going down to 15* Monday night. Get it removed or be prepared to deal with the block of ice until next weekend.
H'm. I've avoided running the sno-thro this year. Maybe I'll move the fuel can over to the garage..just in case I decide to fire it up.

H'm. I've avoided running the sno-thro this year. Maybe I'll move the fuel can over to the garage..just in case I decide to fire it up.
Old Ariens which didn't come with rubber flappers later ones did. Dense heavy snow can clog it up if not real careful about how you run it...
PIA

-
Back