Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Meh...pull over, tell her to get out and then drive on.

People like that can only dealt with by refusing to allow them the self-righteous voice they think they are entitled to impose on others.

One of my favorite sayings for people like that is “You’re all mouth ain’t cha? Well I ain’t all ears.”

That car is plenty safe.

It has drums all around but I adjusted and put new hardware all around and flushed and bled the lines.

It has decent tires, the dry rot is only on the outer shoulders, I don't really see them blowing out though

The seat belts are from a later duster, the driver side needs to be tied in a knot near the buckle but that is not even her side anyways.

I think it's fine.... the only thing that might be questionable...... maybe , big maybe is the gas can in the trunk to bypass the original tank. In due time, in due time

Last edited:
So I made an observation today.

I am not even sure how I should go about trash talking the human female, when that's like kicking my own ***.

But really, what is wrong with most women, they act like ....... liberals.

So the backstory is:
I got a new duster on the road to replace my dart as a daily. The duster has a freshly swapped in 318 and OD 833.
So I torched a hole in the floor for the 4 speed shifter ( pretty standard stuff)

well excuse me for not having time to weld in a hump and order carpet and get it overnight and install it.
So I an driving down the road without a 4 speed hump for now and I got rid of the crappy carpet so it's a bare floor with a small rust hole under the heater core, ( again pretty normal). I put two XxxL t- shirts over the crappy old seat and duct taped them down pretty ( I think it was a mighty fine job)

So I pick up my office friend and she looks at me like I am nuts and says "why is the floor metal" Then she refused to sit on my minty seat. We are dressed the same, in business formal clothes for work. She acts like it will ruin her clothes to sit in the car, yet my clothes are fine. Silk is pretty tough and you just pat off the dust or wet a paper towel and clean yourself off, big deal.

Then she lectures me about the holes in the floor. What is the big *** deal, I like watching the shift rods move. This way I can hear the exhaust better and know if my new junkyard engine is ok. I mean really.

Then she really pissed me off when she said she is going to call the cops and get the car off the road for not being safe.

Rant over
I guess her last ride!!

Man, I am whooped. After all the stuff I did last night after work I was really feeling the aches and pains today, but powered through more of my to-do list anyway.

All the solar lights have new batteries and screws (27 total lights), the side downspout extensions are reconfigured, concrete diverters installed and all the new fill and grass seed has been watered again. Add to that the cobblestone edging on the front flower bed, relevelling the ground to match the new walkway and mulching the bed.

All the muscles I don’t regularly use for doing this stuff are all screaming at me. Time to soak them in some beer!

Last edited:
Took the corroded casting over to my welder buddy’s place.
He welded it and then ran it through the mill to true up the gasket surface.
I have to do a little (lot) bit of cleanup on one part, but should have tractor back in action tomorrow.
I use it almost daily, especially on weekends. Had planned on working on trailer, maybe tomorrow.

Man, I am whooped. After all the stuff I did last night after work I was really feeling the aches and pains today, but powered through more of my to-do list anyway.

All the solar lights have new batteries and screws (27 total lights), the side downspout extensions are reconfigured, concrete diverters installed and all the new fill and grass seed has been watered again. Add to that the cobblestone edging on the front flower bed, relevelling the ground to match the new walkway and mulching the bed.

All the muscles I don’t regularly use for doing this stuff are all screaming at me. Time to soak them in some beer!
I'm with ya!
Drove over and did some more on the floor I have been slowly refinishing. I never measured, but approx. 12x12 room plus closet. Hit the whole thing with 220 and put 2nd coat on. Then cut back a holly tree. Came home and got the Duster. Went to Stefan's and put 110 PSI of nitrogen on the AC system. Was losing a little. Sprayed all the fittings with soap, then realized it was the hose on guage set that was leaking. Will see what is still on it when I find some more R12. Back home. Had a sandwich and then out to pressure wash some more deck rails. Done for the day. Beer

Thinking of stepping around to the dark side. Buddy has a thing for rat rods. Wants to build one. Been watching some videos,i can see why people want to go that way.
Rustoration is so much cheaper
Or rust o mods.

I swept and mopped all the downstairs floors this morning. Then I made breakfast. Then I paid some bills. Then I trimmed all of the yard, ready to cut grass, cut the grass, Got the blower out and blew the driveway and the pool deck, and the house deck off. I washed and brushed my dog Gunner. Then I opened the pool cover and added chemicals. I was done with all that by 4 pm. Then I made a roast for dinner. No beer for me though. I'm on the wagon. Seems I can get more done if I'm not drinking beer. LOL

I swept and mopped all the downstairs floors this morning. Then I made breakfast. Then I paid some bills. Then I trimmed all of the yard, ready to cut grass, cut the grass, Got the blower out and blew the driveway and the pool deck, and the house deck off. I washed and brushed my dog Gunner. Then I opened the pool cover and added chemicals. I was done with all that by 4 pm. Then I made a roast for dinner. No beer for me though. I'm on the wagon. Seems I can get more done if I'm not drinking beer. LOL
That's why I rarely drink till I am done for the day, ...or at least close

I am not even sure how I should go about trash talking the human female, when that's like kicking my own ***.

So the backstory is:
I got a new duster on the road to replace my dart as a daily. The duster has a freshly swapped in 318 and OD 833.
So I torched a hole in the floor for the 4 speed shifter ( pretty standard stuff)

well excuse me for not having time to weld in a hump and order carpet and get it overnight and install it.
So I an driving down the road without a 4 speed hump for now and I got rid of the crappy carpet so it's a bare floor with a small rust hole under the heater core, ( again pretty normal). I put two XxxL t- shirts over the crappy old seat and duct taped them down pretty ( I think it was a mighty fine job)

So I pick up my office friend and she looks at me like I am nuts and says "why is the floor metal" Then she refused to sit on my minty seat. We are dressed the same, in business formal clothes for work. She acts like it will ruin her clothes to sit in the car, yet my clothes are fine. Silk is pretty tough and you just pat off the dust or wet a paper towel and clean yourself off, big deal.

Then she lectures me about the holes in the floor. What is the big *** deal, I like watching the shift rods move. This way I can hear the exhaust better and know if my new junkyard engine is ok. I mean really.

Then she really pissed me off when she said she is going to call the cops and get the car off the road for not being safe.

Rant over

"Sometimes chicks can be bitches...." <<in a gangster voice...>>

I thought drinking was hiw one started the day!

That's what the alarm clock said....

Beer 30.jpg

All the solar lights are functioning properly now. I just need to finish trimming the front hedges since I only did the slots between them for reinstalling the lights so far.

201C58C3-776A-4ADD-AE9F-830DE197941F.jpeg

So the backstory is:

Rant over
Rainy,
I am howling, I would wager there is not a single one of us on here that has not drove a "new" rig sitting on a milk crate or a wad of flannel shirts. And how many beer can patches have we all done to the floorboards? Your "rant" brightened my day.
Thanks!

Well still up with a sinus headache. This is a first for me.
I was at the car show and all of a sudden my head hurt, my eyes, hurt and I couldn't look down, or get up out of the chair without feeling like a quick kick in the head...WTF I said.
Of course the wife is 100 miles away, no stores in this area for miles.
I made it home and hope this thing leaves me soon...it sucks!! I'm feeling better with some meds and nasal spray. Just hoping I can lay my head down soon and not feel like I just got kicked.
Oh well others have it much worse than me. Told the wife I knew what a migraine felt like now and she laughed.
Later

I was at the car show and all of a sudden my head hurt, my eyes, hurt and I couldn't look down, or get up out of the chair without feeling like a quick kick in the head...WTF I said.
I made it home and hope this thing leaves me soon...it sucks!! I'm feeling better with some meds and nasal spray. Just hoping I can lay my head down soon and not feel like I just got kicked.
Oh well others have it much worse than me. Told the wife I knew what a migraine felt like now and she laughed.
Later
Try snorting a hypertonic saline solution. You can look it up on line.

Otherwise, sounds like you have a sinus infection starting and may need antibiotics.

It was a good evening at the oval track :D. About 85* when we sat down @ 630 75* when we left at 1030. Only had to use the clear safety glasses for the Modified main, the last race of the night, unusual for that track. It was hooked up and fast. Very few racing incidents until that modified driver decided he wanted a closer look at the track and put his hot rod on it's roof to do so. 4 of our modified gang made the trip over so we had some to cheer for. Daisy Dukes and tank tops were the garb of choice for the local spectators. All in all, a good night.

Morning everybody!
Think the rain is done for a few days. Farmers should be happy.
Really want to make some progress on my trailer.

So the backstory is:

Rant over
Oh Good grief! You are a trip.

Later

I hope you feel better soon....

-
Back