Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
0RZ1qO_vyVJR44EeIEVkXLeY_zgT0A7fpf4Sh0RH4zmNRBgKf4xLh8HRSqHCo8W8Uerm_Phf&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.jpg

Update
Neuro doc looked at MRI and said no surgery. :thumbsup: She will have to wear a brace/splint for at least a couple months Can take it off to shower and sleep(flat on her back). They will likely discharge her tomorrow and Mae will bring her home
Keefer sorry wasn't here yesterday. Glad to hear though, with time and rest your daughter will be doing ok. Wishing her a speedy recovery!!

Got some sleep - think I'm caught up now - headache is gone - guess I'm ready for a Monday.
Had a reasonably nice day yesterday playing in the parking lot. Starting to get feel for the car again. Lost it on the first run. Ratched it way back on the second and that was my best. Third felt smoother and more control over the tail in the big turns but was starting to lose concentration.

Ray - You see that thread in the early A forum where the guy has 24 Volts!??
All I can think of is must be something with the meter...???

Hey guys here is one for a quick opinion. Buddy has a stock 70 Dart with a 340. His alt gauge was not showing a positive. He had it re-built by a very good person her locally. Went through it and all fixed up. Put it on seemed fixed. Drove for a show Saturday and 20 miles down the road again not showing a charge.
Bad alt gauge, battery, fuse, wiring, alternator?? Your thoughts??

I think its the thread about the instruments in a '62. See what he posts later today.

Never trusted them. Usually work or not. Could be the battery is just charged. Turn the headlights on at idle see if it goes positive.

Hey guys here is one for a quick opinion. Buddy has a stock 70 Dart with a 340. His alt gauge was not showing a positive. He had it re-built by a very good person her locally. Went through it and all fixed up. Put it on seemed fixed. Drove for a show Saturday and 20 miles down the road again not showing a charge.
Bad alt gauge, battery, fuse, wiring, alternator?? Your thoughts??
Craig, Are you saying its showing discharge?

Simple to see what's going on.
Open the door and see if it shows discharge with the dome lights on, flip the parking lights on to be sure.
If it shows one way there's no reason it shouldn't show the other unless someone threw a jumper wire to the battery from the alternator.

Morning.
Sunny and cool,no wind.
I’ll take it.
Three oil changes and a wheel bearing. Should make about 10 bucks today. I hate oil changes.
Two are supplying parts,one is my best friend’s vehicle.

Simple to see what's going on.
Open the door and see if it shows discharge with the dome lights on, flip the parking lights on to be sure.
If it shows one way there's no reason it shouldn't show the other unless someone threw a jumper wire to the battery from the alternator.
Thanks seeing him soon at coffee and wanted to share some ideas with him.

Reason why i like voltmeters.
It is a great diagnostic tool.
Key on-battery voltage
Key crank-like testing battery condition or starter for proper operation
Engine running- alternator voltage is clearly displayed.

Thanks seeing him soon at coffee and wanted to share some ideas with him.
Power is flowing through or there would be no lights or anything. So if anything is broken its something to do with the movement. The connections and shunt are probably OK.
Another idea.
Sometimes people bypass the ammeter by putting both wires on one connecting stud.

Reason why i like voltmeters.
It is a great diagnostic tool.
Key on-battery voltage
Key crank-like testing battery condition or starter for proper operation
Engine running- alternator voltage is clearly displayed.
I like them both.
But of course if I had it my way, the more gages the merrier! LOL

I have a fuel pressure gage that mounts on the cowl - but its not waterproof so its hanging on the wall.
Oil temperature gage below the dash. The factory vacuum gage is great. Need to fix the factory oil pressure and coolant temperature gages... always stuff to do...

Got the truck pretty much running yesterday. Glad @PosiRon came down and got me a bit motivated. I just have to do a few more smalls and want to get that radio Frank sent me in finally! Was just not into it yesterday. Did hook the new sun machine to it. That thing is cool will get a few pics of it today running.

-
Back