Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Eric a bad ballast resistor?

Good Morning Ray,

No, I changed to using the stock electronic distributor to a GM HEI module and 12v coil on my 440. I simply didn't put in a jumper wire in place of the ballast resistor. Didn't have power to the coil and I thought I chased that issue all the way to the steering column, but I think I was checking for power on the Brown wire with key on, not during crank. Got it now.

Got ya. I really like the gm 4 pin modules, if my Mallory with the petronix ever dies prob will go that route.

It is a super slick set up and I had an extra module laying around from an old 350 I no longer have. The other nice part is you can get one anywhere if it would ever go back.

I picked up a bunch of nos Kem ones, really nice to have around, was surprised they all checked good.

You're showing you car? How did I miss that? What day(s) will you be there?
Easy to miss - only post I was somwhat commital was here Stop on in for a cup of coffee
Sat is prob the easiest for me.

My recollection was there is no advantage to parking outside and walking in. The wagon has A/C but its really not a jeep show so the car seems more appropriate.

I picked up a bunch of nos Kem ones, really nice to have around, was surprised they all checked good.

And now a friend from work made this Ballast Jumper so it will even look stock (within reason). Now the wiring can plug in like it was designed instead of more splices.

Ballast Jumper.jpg

Looks like Thurs Thunder storms, Friday showers, Sat hot and sunny 88, so far it will change though.
Moving target for sure! (as expected). Rain, wind , hail all in there for Thursday, but its only 50%. Friday 86 and Sat 89 and dry. Want to know for sure? Ask me Sunday and I will tell you what the weather WAS. LOL
Good Morning

Easy to miss - only post I was somwhat commital was here Stop on in for a cup of coffee
Sat is prob the easiest for me

My recollection was there is no advantage to parking outside and walking in. The wagon has A/C but its really not a jeep show so the car seems more appropriate.
So, when and what car? Are you just driving in with no preregistration?

So, when and what car? Are you just driving in with no preregistration?
You're asking me to commit?!!!
upload_2019-7-9_8-49-21.gif

My car - its my only car, unless we call the wagoneer a car.
Plan was to get to gate 3 at or just before opening time for drive-in.

That would be great. You can always borrow it back. That was a good deal.

Still planning on Sat but I can change that if needed.
Actually I thought I was keeping it and doing ‘long term lone ‘ to you. I don’t even remember what I paid for it...

Actually I thought I was keeping it and doing ‘long term lone ‘ to you. I don’t even remember what I paid for it...
That works too. Your right. That's prob what we decided.

Well I am kind of back for a few. Something attacked Harley last night and ripped a chunk of skin off her chest now the Vet at 12. Dam what a day for it. Bet it was the bear around here.

Well I am kind of back for a few. Something attacked Harley last night and ripped a chunk of skin off her chest now the Vet at 12. Dam what a day for it. Bet it was the bear around here.
That sucks. Chest? racoon? cat? They roll on their backs to defend.

No idea. Tim actually noticed it when she jumped up by him. Have been seeing a large black bear in the area. Actually killed a neighbors dog last year. But can be anything around actually. Just super bad timing.

Then Tim is bringing back the care he found and we want to spray down the cylinders before leaving to see if the motor turns freely when we get back, has not run since 80 I believe.

Then Tim is bringing back the care he found and we want to spray down the cylinders before leaving to see if the motor turns freely when we get back, has not run since 80 I believe.
Talked to him a little while ago. He was already in Gettysburg.
He isn't sure if he is dragging it up to your place. Or bring it back here tonight. It's only sitting maybe 15 minutes from my place...

-
Back