Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ha! The wife forgot to clean the litter boxes. And the garbage has already been picked up. I have been keeping the two busy doing the little jobs I do every day. Lol

Mornin...Well, it’s been a f’d up Friday so far. Came out to make coffee and stepped in dog ****. Heel hit it and foot slid forward. Pulled my calf and went into a cramp. Of course I then need to walk off the cramp and tracked it around. At least it was my heal and not my toes...:BangHead:

Hope your feeling better
and the dog isn't sick
I’m fine. I did get one of my huge wood chip piles done yesterday, so legs are a little more ‘fatigued ‘ than usual. Probably why the cramp happened. I can deal with the one in calf’s. When I get them in thighs, that hurts.:mad:
Wife sometimes gives Holley plain yogurt at night. I think it was something the vet told her. Probably loosened her up and couldn’t wait. She doesn’t have many accidents...

I’m fine. I did get one of my huge wood chip piles done yesterday, so legs are a little more ‘fatigued ‘ than usual. Probably why the cramp happened. I can deal with the one in calf’s. When I get them in thighs, that hurts.:mad:
Wife sometimes gives Holley plain yogurt at night. I think it was something the vet told her. Probably loosened her up and couldn’t wait. She doesn’t have many accidents...
do you have your own mulcher or did you just order the pile of wood chip?

Time to pay some bills including a toll by plate. Decided I'm going to get e-z pass.
Then onto the top roof for a couple hours.

A question for the brain trust here.
Gas filler tube is suppose to be natural steel color. Someone touched it up with a little here and there paint, which I might add matched the stainless vent tube fairly well.
Thinking of hitting the paint with the a light hit on the bead blaster and see what it looks like.
Afraid steel wool will take to long and shine it up...don't want that.
Open for suggestions

I've had an E-Z pass for years...the only way to go!!
I wasn't using the highways enough for the hassle (and my usual paranoia about tracking devices...)
The last hurdle for me was whether I could move the trasnponder between vehicles and take off completely when not in use.
The answer to the first is yes and the second is yes although they don't endorse using suction cups or holding out the window when you drive through the toll booths. LOL

Gas filler tube is suppose to be natural steel color. Someone touched it up with a little here and there paint, which I might add matched the stainless vent tube fairly well.
Thinking of hitting the paint with the a light hit on the bead blaster and see what it looks like.
Open for suggestions
Ummm, thought you found a clean old one.. :BangHead:

Not recognizing the CC. :wtf: Now I'm on hold waiting for TD Card services. :( :BangHead:
Alright finally got throughbefore finishing my reply below. Apparently the idiots at TD didn't actually activate the card when I called it in. :mad:
Now I get to start over.
Open for suggestions
Prob most important thing is the surface is smooth. If the touchups are proud of the surface, then it might be worth removing them.
The galvanizing looks a little like electroplate but is smooth. I don't think I'd want to hit it with any media that isn't super soft.
upload_2019-7-26_10-6-37.png

upload_2019-7-26_10-8-6.png

upload_2019-7-26_10-13-31.png

Not recognizing the CC. :wtf: Now I'm on hold waiting for TD Card services. :( :BangHead:
Alright finally got throughbefore finishing my reply below. Apparently the idiots at TD didn't actually activate the card when I called it in. :mad:
Now I get to start over.

Prob most important thing is the surface is smooth. If the touchups are proud of the surface, then it might be worth removing them.
The galvanizing looks a little like electroplate but is smooth. I don't think I'd want to hit it with any media that isn't super soft.
View attachment 1715369319

View attachment 1715369322

View attachment 1715369324
ok mine looks like yours so guess it can have a little patina look to it. I mean its semi-hidden in the trunk, and it is 52 years old.

ok mine looks like yours so guess it can have a little patina look to it. I mean its semi-hidden in the trunk, and it is 52 years old.
The more I look at the picture, the more I'm convinced its got that glavinized pattern on it.
I *think* hot dipped is always a rough textured surface but there may be finishing processes that result in smooth surface???

Now I get to start over.

View attachment 1715369319

View attachment 1715369322

View attachment 1715369324
Love those original trunks. So down to business! LOL

It has no rust, but you know me. Plus some of this stuff I don't know until I ask those that do.
:thumbsup:
If it doesn't look bad, use as-is. If
touchups are
spotty, maybe blend them with fine steel wool. Just keep it light so you don't scratch into it and shine it. Or, use lacquer thinner and remove the touch-ups to see what you really have. Or use a rag dampened with thinner to blend touchups instead of steel wool -no chance of scratching.

The zinc galvanizing patterns are called 'spangles'.
But I don't know how they get the surface so smooth, vs rough. Might be in the process itself??

Craig, the best I can recall, you will have to drop the tank to replace the fill neck. Not a quick job IMO.

-
Back