Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Fatty and skinny went to bed. Fatty rolled over and skinny is dead. LOL

Looks like i may be doing a fuel pump on this stinkin f250.
Thats gonna be no fun.

It's cool that he's into cars and shares.
But not going to watch. That's just silly.
I only share it because of the interesting tribute to the man who built it. Pretty neat

Need a 10 amp battery charger. Looking at a Schauer brand. I think they are all pretty good??

Nope I'll check with him.
Well you know me. I like old stuff with analog meters. :)
This is what I use when I can keep an eye on it.
upload_2019-8-8_11-30-0.png

But when I needed a slow charger I could walk away from and leave overnight, I also wanted something small and portable.
I couldn't figure what was best with glass mat batteries. So I just went for Optima's small charger. Maybe overpaid but worth the peace of mind.
Self controlling. Set the type of battery and it does its thing automaticly.

Well you know me. I like old stuff with analog meters. :)
This is what I use when I can keep an eye on it.
View attachment 1715375374

But when I needed a slow charger I could walk away from and leave overnight, I also wanted something small and portable.
I couldn't figure what was best with glass mat batteries. So I just went for Optima's small charger. Maybe overpaid but worth the peace of mind.
Self controlling. Set the type of battery and it does its thing automaticly.
Love that old equipment. I saved one of these back. I have a glass mat battery in my Swinger and have used this charger numerous times. It's smarter than I am by a long ways. LOL Intelligent Battery Charger/Maintainer

Yep I just want a plain 10 amp charger. About every two months I charge the battery on the trailer winch, the 55, and Barracuda.
I've tried the maintainer's before and charging it full every couple months seems to work better.

The big one Hoppy has (or had) may hold a steady current. I know some of the current analog chargers have two or three switches, 2 amp, 5 amp, 10 amps.
My Safe-Fast charger seems to be voltage regulating, not current regulating.
If I have a voltmeter across the battery terminals, the higher I set the charger, the higher the voltage it applies. As the battery charges up, current flow drops.
But I see voltage will sometimes drift upward too.
But basically its a good design. Put 15 Volts or less across it, and it will not overcharge a typical 12 Volt battery.
Originally the charger had thermostat probe to stick in one of the battery cells. As the battery warmed up, or if it got too warm, the charger would compensate or turn off. I really don't know. It was hacked repaired when I was a teenager. Dad didn't care. Someone fixed it for him and we didn't need to buy a new one - that's what mattered. Never saw it work as designed and have not found info on it.
upload_2019-8-8_11-58-50.png

-
Back