Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well an ahh chit adverted today. Pulled one top trunk hinge bolt out to re-paint. Went to put it back in and the nut had disappeared. An ahh chit moment.
Called my Barracuda buddy John. He explained the two nuts were spot welded on a bracket sitting inside the trunk lid.
He told me with help to have someone hold the bottom edge of that side of the trunk lid firmly, and have the other person loosen the bottom bolt. We did this slightly pulling the lid back and up the top bolt hole nut reappeared.
We then quickly learned moving it up and down on one side moved the trunk lid left or right. The bottom bolt on one side pushing in or pulling out controlled the height of the deck lid.
A learning experience and strong drink when it was all done.

Is the main ingredient methylene chloride? Or have they reformulated?
Someone posted that the new regs were successfully challenged. So the stuff will still be available. Be nice if I could recall where I saw this to be sure its correct and current. :BangHead:

It's probably like studded tires. So many places thought they were going to be banned, at least in North Jersey, that a lot of tire places sold their equipment.

Won't be in Comifornia
You guys are always different!
Or at least your state's rules and regs.
prob can't get it now, never mind in the future.
The VOC regs here are pretty tough too. Difficult to get good paints and stains.

You guys are always different!
Or at least your state's rules and regs.
prob can't get it now, never mind in the future.
The VOC regs here are pretty tough too. Difficult to get good paints and stains.
BUT you can get lacquer auto paint here. Paint shop, in quarts.
61t%2Bxb9Z%2BrL._SX466_.jpg

Isn't the interesting. Laquer and shellacs have been left alone.

Did I ever mention how much I hate 'latex paint'?

I'll stop now.
really
before I really get going

Ugh this job decision isn’t over just yet, new fly into the soup

Anyway, current boss wants to talk with me tomorrow about it, said not to commit until I hear him out
Career building rule number one...Never, EVER, accept a counter offer from your current employer.

You may win a little short term but you will lose far more long term. Once you accept a counter offer, you have become a disloyal mercenary in their eyes and they will drastically curtail anything they do for you in the future.

A new employer with a better offer won’t have such bias and you will do far better long term.

Trust the guy with 33 years of career building experience that has risen 20 levels and doubled his salary 5 times going from lab assistant to Senior Vice President. I now make 25x what I did when I started.

Career building rule number one...Never, EVER, accept a counter offer from your current employer.

You may win a little short term but you will lose far more long term. Once you accept a counter offer, you have become a disloyal mercenary in their eyes and they will drastically curtail anything they do for you in the future.

A new employer with a better offer won’t have such bias and you will do far better long term.

Trust the guy with 33 years of career building experience that has risen 20 levels and doubled his salary 5 times going from lab assistant to Senior Vice President. I now make 25x what I did when I started.
I don’t plan too. I will listen out of respect for him. He’s done good by me for 3 years so I will sit down with him. But I don’t expect anything to change to keep me in my soon to b old position

My current employer offered to buy pizza for lunch. I think I could get lasagna and breadsticks if I hold out. Is it worth it, or should I just eat the damn pizza?

-
Back